Ultimate Guide to the Huawei U8800

Guest That-Guy

Hi,

I have a prob after re-partition the memory. Seems that all the apps run on my memory card instead of run from phone memory. Now, my phone memory is empty with only file is LOST.DIR. May i know how to fix this?

Thanks

Edited by Yuz

Guest torpingen

Hello!

I have a huawei u8800, that i want to root, but i can't download superboot, when i'm trying i get a error message in my browser? is the link down or have someone removed the root?

Guest Jacky444

Hello all !

Im new to forums, proud new user of U8800.

I've got an question. I've purchased Ideos few days ago and i've got some quality issues with mic, Im wondering if there is already any fix about it ? (i've read alot on forums and didnt rly found an working solution).

And another, when installing custom firmware/roms is there a way to preserve warranty ?

I've got 2 years warranty which i wouldnt like to lose due custom rom instaling. So I'd love to see some kind of backup possibility so before i get phone to repairs (in case it breaks) i can recover original firmware (B135 installed).

Best Regards !

Guest That-Guy

I use MIUI and they seem to have tweaked both the Mic and Speaker. It the sound seems allot better than the Stock ROM.

You can backup the Stock ROM using ClockworkMod so if you need to send your phone back you can restore the backup first :)

Hope this helps!

Guest Jacky444

I use MIUI and they seem to have tweaked both the Mic and Speaker. It the sound seems allot better than the Stock ROM.

You can backup the Stock ROM using ClockworkMod so if you need to send your phone back you can restore the backup first :)

Hope this helps!

Thank you very much :).

Though a hour ago (before i've got to read you're post) i've managed to backup using clock :P and installed CM7 and im really impressed by it. Also mic seems to work better (more clear sound).

I'm staying on this one now :). I hope the minor bugs get fixed soon also.

Guest Jacky444

Ahh, Well im sory I confused abit :D I've got U8800 just wanted to know if CM7 with android 2.3.7 is going to be supported on U8800 also or not. Since it says gen 2 only which i have no idea whats refering to :P

Guest Pelemane

If you at least read that thread you won't come here saying the opposite of me and misleading those who want to learn. That new recovery is still experimental and only works well with MIUI room. Don't even work with ffranco's kernels.

The correct way of doing for beginners was as I said. Don't lead people that have no experience into middle of instable procedures ok? my way is the right way, but each one does the way he chooses.

What are you talking about? New recovery works perfectly with franco's kernel and there is no need to root before installing CWM.

What are you talking about? New recovery works perfectly with franco's kernel and there is no need to root before installing CWM.

at the time I post that reply it didn't. When I speak, I do with by own experience and not because I heard from someone ok?

Franco then launched a fix kernel to be compatible with this new recovery.

And yes, you should root first and then CWM after. Obviously you don't need to root to install the CWM but this is recommendable, for the cause you dont want to install a custom rom and keep using stock.

Guest Pelemane

at the time I post that reply it didn't. When I speak, I do with by own experience and not because I heard from someone ok?

Franco then launched a fix kernel to be compatible with this new recovery.

And yes, you should root first and then CWM after. Obviously you don't need to root to install the CWM but this is recommendable, for the cause you dont want to install a custom rom and keep using stock.

It was fixed before I posted here. Look here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=18123063&postcount=1073

You can install CWM and use stock ROM. Still no need for root if you don't want to.

Guest b3owulf

Great tutorial! But I have a question, will CWM Recovery work fine with my U8800 Pro? It only has on list U8800 and I don't want to break anything.

Guest Pelemane

Great tutorial! But I have a question, will CWM Recovery work fine with my U8800 Pro? It only has on list U8800 and I don't want to break anything.

No it doesn't but this does.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Sundaram Ramanujam

Nice work dude.

Circle Battery Mod for the Huawei U8800 - Bricked my U8800 :unsure:.

You Should add the latest development ROM from oxygen too - Link

Edited by Sundaram Ramanujam

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Mister_R

I want to back up my brand new X5.

It has 2.2 customized by TMN (Portuguese mobile company).

I did a romdump

I used psneuter as exploit and romdump v82 to download the data.

I expected to have data.img, system.img, boot.img and recovery.img as it happened when i dump a zte blade, Long time ago.

It didn't happened this way. It seems that the system works differently here.

So, who can I backup (dump?), the X5 system?

• 1 month later...
Guest hummam

hi all ihave updated my phone to 3.5 gingerbread so it is very nice but there is broblem with arabic letters goes from left to right .guys realy i need your help. thanks all

• 2 weeks later...

Hi to everyone.. :)

I was the proud owner of a rooted Huawei U8800 until New Years, when I stupidly lost my phone. Now I have another U8800, but I have a problem with rooting that I hope some kind person could advise me about.

I'm a total newb when it comes to rooting and smartphones and such things. I am seeking some advice for what to do regarding my U8800. When trying to root it, I first installed Pauls Superboot, but I had forgotten to update the firmware from v135 before doing so. the Superboot was installed ok but I couldn't delete progs/software that I didn't use (HiSpace, Twitter, Games etc). So I installed the v136, so I could begin root process again. However, when I try to boot my phone in download mode (pink/purple screen), my phone just boots up in update mode and it uploads the v136 once again. I'm stuck in this loop where I cannot get the pink/purple download mode screen to show on my phone (so that I can replace the boot/img to do the rooting).

Can anyone please help me at all in any way ? I don't quite know what to do. :unsure:

The annoying part is, I DID manage to successfully root my previous U8800 with no problems. But this time around... I'm stuck in firmware-update looping hell :(

Any information/advice/tips would be most gratefully received. And if i'm posting this on the wrong thread, I do apologise, I never use forums very often at all.

Can anyone help an old fool please ?

A summary of my problem:

I tried to root using Pauls superboot, but after doing so, I couldn't permanently delete unused items/software/prog.

I forgot to update firmware from v135 to v136 before installing Pauls Superboot.

I successfully updated firmware to v136, which was saved on my desktop from previous U8800 root attempt.

My U8800 now does not boot into download mode(pink/purple screen) when holding VOL + and VOL- and power on, and I need it to do so to swap boo.img, to root it. :blink:

Please help, anyone !

John

Guest handofslave

Hi..

Really2 need help here. Im just install official GB to my X5. Previously, im using Oxygen. After flashing, my phone always hang and, if i restart the phone it wont boot but stuck @ welcome screen. I have to reinstall again and again if it happened. Now, i want revert back to any Custom ROM, but cant do it since the windows cant detect the phone in puple screen. ANy help?

Guest That-Guy

Hi..

Really2 need help here. Im just install official GB to my X5. Previously, im using Oxygen. After flashing, my phone always hang and, if i restart the phone it wont boot but stuck @ welcome screen. I have to reinstall again and again if it happened. Now, i want revert back to any Custom ROM, but cant do it since the windows cant detect the phone in puple screen. ANy help?

Boot into recovery by holding Power button and Vol+ then choose Factory Reset.

Reboot your phone and you will be good to go :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Cursed Chico

When i try to extract superboot.rar, there is no extract button as if ithere are no files in it. It is 7.86 mb but i cant open it, it gives error broken.