Ultimate Guide to the Huawei U8800

Guest That-Guy

Guest That-Guy

Hello,

I'm new to this things and I'm trying to explore some things.

For rooting, I have installed superboot according to the instructions. I do I know this is installed?

How do I copy files from Pc to internal SD card?

I'm trying to instal a mod and dont know how to do this.

Thank you

If the phone is Rooted you will have an App Called SuperUser Installed.

Just plug phone into computer to copy files on to the phone. But you should be placing them on External SD Card if you are installing Themes / ROMs.

Hi,

Just been making some changes in build.prop file but I couldn't find the ligns below:

Change thefollowing from "false" to "true" to enable key unlockingscreen.

ro.config.hw_menu_unlockscreen=false

Disable Screen Wake when volume keys are pressed.

Find: ro.config.hwfeature_wakeupkey=1change to: ro.config.hwfeature_wakeupkey=0

Wake Screen quicker during a call.

Find: mot.proximity.delay=450 changeto: mot.proximity.delay=150 (ifline is not there simply add it)

If the lines aren't there simply add them :)

Hi,

I made a Battery Recalibration around 11pm yesterday and this morning when I wake up the battery was completly depleted?

Why the battery runs off that quikly?

Thanks you

Guest jmallen3

i had edited build.prop file and now in the system there are 2 files:buld.prop and build.prop.bak. i made factory reset but the 2 files are still there and i cannot open none of them with root explorer.i cant change permissions of thme too.how can edit the build.prop again?

Guest jmallen3

Is your phone still rooted correctly?

Is the SuperUser App still in the App Draw and functioning correctly?

yes its rooted correctly because i checked it with root checker too and superuser is appis working correctly in the app drawer...i dont know what to do,please help!

Guest dibbnz

One thing I find bad is the MIUI rom is incomplete :rolleyes:

I wish really badly it will be fixed and worked around more, I miss the excitement I had with Blade. Always updates news changes and happy people and generous developers !

I wish people could upgrade and join the U8800 crew :rolleyes:

I think you may enjoy the latest offering - I've not had one f/c on anything...yet

camera is fantastic tho the upside down preview pic is still an issue and is followed by a nice shot of a closed camera shutter? Weird!!

wireless is working great too

i'm running at 1305mhz and getting great battery life and no o/heating probs.

Calls, sms, music player all ok

I really missed an app draw, but found a great one in ALTDRAWER it looks dam ugly on first opening, but has plenty of customisation settings to get it looking sweet!

This app long with miui 1.8.5 does it for me i'm stoked:)

Guest JasonLeeming

Can't find any in stock anywhere at the moment. Only on websites that are based in China. It's not that I don't trust the websites, but I'm worried the models may be different.

Guest pentaxon

did anyone know how to unroot this device?

Just overwrite your current boot.img (superboot) with original one. I hope you have one backup copy of them

Guest eyavuz

i have a problem.. i have used the image file u gave to root my u8800.. everything goes right.. but im having problems with my camera.. it seems like in a color mode, screen and the pics i snap looks more blue.. and my cam looks all upside down.. what can i do to make it work properly.. (sorry for my bad english btw)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest katu2006

Hi guys,

I've noticed that Huawei Website has changed recently and none of the Modaco Wiki U8800 are working anymore.

Is there anyway to go around that? Perhaps recreate the Wiki?

Guest the32bits

Hi, I have just rooted my phone using this tutorial: http://androidadvices.com/root-huawei-ideos-x5-u8800/ tutorial and my WiFi won't turn on. It just says "Turning on..." It is rooted with Superboot, stock ROM.

A quick reboot won't make it work, and I really don't want to install a custom ROM unless I have to. In that case, is there a good, stable, one?

Thanks in advance. smile.gif

Guest the32bits

Now, there's another problem, after swapping the Superboot boot.img with the regular boot.img(backup file) my phone won't start, just loading Android. It does that with both boot.img files. Any idea what I should do? I really need my phone by tomorrow, so a quick answer would help.

Guest NeostarNeko

I would suggest flashing the stock ROM back on but Huawei seems to have changed the links so the ones on the Modaco Wiki don't work at the moment.

Anyway as someone mention on the thread you just created, try the FLB Custom ROM and see if that works.

Guest the32bits

I would suggest flashing the stock ROM back on but Huawei seems to have changed the links so the ones on the Modaco Wiki don't work at the moment.

Anyway as someone mention on the thread you just created, try the FLB Custom ROM and see if that works.

There is a much bigger problem, I can't even flash the ClockWorkMod recovery, due to the phone not starting.

Guest NeostarNeko

1. Just turn on your phone while holding VOL+ and VOL- (after a while it should show a pink/purple screen)

2. Connect to computer.

3. Go to My Computer and Browse your phone to find the folder with recovery.img and replace with recovery_en_2.img from the following...(make sure you rename it recovery.img)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1229326

4. Un-mount phone from computer, then pull battery out.

5. Now put battery back in, switch and at the same time Hold Vol+ and Power buttons to power on (hold both buttons UNTIL you see the recovery)

Guest the32bits

1. Just turn on your phone while holding VOL+ and VOL- (after a while it should show a pink/purple screen)

2. Connect to computer.

3. Go to My Computer and Browse your phone to find the folder with recovery.img and replace with recovery_en_2.img from the following...(make sure you rename it recovery.img)

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1229326

4. Un-mount phone from computer, then pull battery out.

5. Now put battery back in, switch and at the same time Hold Vol+ and Power buttons to power on (hold both buttons UNTIL you see the recovery)

I keep pressing the buttons, nothing happens...

EDIT: Nvm, it finally worked.

Edited by the32bits