[Project] Arc launcher RE - Help Needed!

Guest Blaven

Guest Blaven

Okay, so here's the deal.

As an editor (or yeah, editing is currently my hobby, next year my main school subject :o) I am tired of standing on the sidelines and doing nothing 'material'.

Since this will be my first time I will actually try something, it might take a while before I get to understand everything, but the best way of learning is by trying, right?

As it will be my first project, I will start small: Restyling the Arc launcher.

Today I was kinda bugged with the fact my arc launcher did not fit into my dark theme, the bar was flatout ugly..

Here is what I'll try to accomplish (as v1.0):

-Make it fit into dark themes

-Enable landscape mode

The first one is easy I think, just unzipping the zip/apk file, edit the pngs and recompile it. The only problem here is if it will still work after recompiling it.

The second might be a bit trickier, I'm thinking of using other home apps to look into that fact or if someone knows how to enable this, help and advice is always welcome. :(

Well, thats about it. Suggestions and requests are also welcome.

I'm currently heading for exams tough (starting Tuesday :D) so there might be a slow start, but after I might set bigger goals and projects (like building my own theme). :D

Okay, tried once and utterly failed..

Got stuck in boot because my phone won't accept the file I made..

I'll attach what I made and the original file I used and hopefully someone more skilled can help me along the way.

The one that says unsigned is the one I modified.

I've only changed the bottom bar tough, opened it in photoshop and set saturation to -100 to make it dark.

I reinstalled the arc launcher and everytime I reboot it ununstalls itself again. :D

~Blaven

Arc_launcher.zip

Edited by Blaven

Guest lzyllp

As an editor (or yeah, editing is currently my hobby, next year my main school subject :D) I am tired of standing on the sidelines and doing nothing 'material'.

Since this will be my first time I will actually try something, it might take a while before I get to understand everything, but the best way of learning is by trying, right?

Today I was kinda bugged with the fact my arc launcher did not fit into my dark theme, the bar was flatout ugly..

-Enable landscape mode

The first one is easy I think, just unzipping the zip/apk file, edit the pngs and recompile it. The only problem here is if it will still work after recompiling it.

The second might be a bit trickier, I'm thinking of using other home apps to look into that fact or if someone knows how to enable this, help and advice is always welcome. :o

I'm currently heading for exams tough (starting Tuesday :D) so there might be a slow start, but after I might set bigger goals and projects (like building my own theme). :(

~Blaven

Maybe a setting for screen number?

Guest Blaven
Maybe a setting for screen number?

That might be possible, just replacing the rectangles with numbers I think. :D

Ill look into adding settings, but since I'm new to this, it might take a while for me to find out how to do this.

Edited by Blaven

Guest laill

As an editor (or yeah, editing is currently my hobby, next year my main school subject :D) I am tired of standing on the sidelines and doing nothing 'material'.

-Enable landscape mode

The second might be a bit trickier, I'm thinking of using other home apps to look into that fact or if someone knows how to enable this, help and advice is always welcome. :o

I'm currently heading for exams tough (starting Tuesday :D) so there might be a slow start, but after I might set bigger goals and projects (like building my own theme). :(

~Blaven

What you need to do is

1)Unzip the original apk file

2)Replace the UI you likw

3)Recompile that using tools

4)Replace the resources.arsc / classes.dex(I cant remember which one) using the original file

Guest Blaven
What you need to do is

1)Unzip the original apk file

2)Replace the UI you likw

3)Recompile that using tools

4)Replace the resources.arsc / classes.dex(I cant remember which one) using the original file

Or you can use Apk Manager. :D

But thanks for the info. :D

Guest Cifer
Or you can use Apk Manager. ;)

But thanks for the info. :P

i would be really interested in this project ... could you get a modified version running yet ^^? i just tried changing one line of code and when i recompiled/singed it with apk tool then the filesize went from 703kb to 597kb ... if you got it working pls tell me what you did :D

Guest Blaven
i would be really interested in this project ... could you get a modified version running yet ^^? i just tried changing one line of code and when i recompiled/singed it with apk tool then the filesize went from 703kb to 597kb ... if you got it working pls tell me what you did ;)

Haven't gotten this working yet, having exams atm, so no time for any project a all.

Also waiting for the official GB release from SE, there will be a more stable launcher on that one I suppose.

I will need some times to understand this fully aswell, but I think apkmanager is not helping me at all..

Guess you will need to have some patience.

~Blaven

Guest Cifer
Haven't gotten this working yet, having exams atm, so no time for any project a all.

Also waiting for the official GB release from SE, there will be a more stable launcher on that one I suppose.

I will need some times to understand this fully aswell, but I think apkmanager is not helping me at all..

Guess you will need to have some patience.

~Blaven

okay mate, good luck with your exams ... btw i think apkmanager is the way to go, coz decompiling seems to work great ... i am just unsure about all the settings for recompiling it ;) guess i need to play around more :P

• 1 month later...
Guest Blaven

okay mate, good luck with your exams ... btw i think apkmanager is the way to go, coz decompiling seems to work great ... i am just unsure about all the settings for recompiling it ;) guess i need to play around more :P

Thanks, but I failed the exams though. sleep.gif

Guess I'll wait for the official GB release now though and until apkmanager is a bit more handier to use.