[Q] If anyone can help me get rid of this........

Guest Siddhesh21

Guest Siddhesh21

Was trying to Install Backtrack 5 on my X10 and followed each and every step VERY CLEARLY. I m no NOOB so I knew what I was doing.

I m on TripNMiui 2.2 and while starting the backtrack 5 I got an error which said

1) is ur phone root?

and asked

2) whether I got busybox

So I made a foolish thing of installing Busybox again.

(Somewhere I read that custom roms use their own busybox and there is no need to install other version cuz it leads to boot loop), and Yes the boot loop started on my phone with an error that System force close.

Now my X10 is not detecting my sd card, + Xrecovery is not opening no matter how long I press the back key, + The flash tool is not flashing any firmware to my phone saying TURN ON PHONE AND CHECK USB DEBUGGING IS ON., I turned it on, but it still asks me do that.

OVER THIS ALL THE BLOODY UPDATE SERVICE FROM SONY ERICSSON SAYS NO SOFTWARE AVAILABLE FOR UR PHONE.

If any one can help me how to flash a custom rom from COMPUTER

or If anything using terminal emulator

or how to make my phone read my sd card.

ANYTHING, ANY HELP IS VERY APPRECIATED.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

waiting for help as soon as possible

Guest PhrozenFear

Hey mate, thought I'd come try and give you a hand.

Firstly, do you happen to have a firmware to flash your phone with - a stock of some kind. I personally have a branded phone stock firmware that I use, the Rogers 2.1.1. I have it downloaded from the XDA site, and have it in my Firmwares folder of FlashTool, always handy to flash when I need it.

If you have that, flash it. If you don't, use the SEUS, and it'll tell you "You already have the latest" and then it SHOULD give you an option to re-install overtop of what you already have. You're gonna lose everything, but you already have realized this, I trust.

The update like this should take roughly half an hour - it's gotta download the firmware, which'll be something like 250-300 MB, then install it on your phone. Once it's done that, you'll be back on your stock.

So, do that, and you'll be flashed. Then you use FlashTool (or SuperOneClick if that's your thing) to root your phone, then install XRecovery. Once you're done with that, you'll have your SD card working, you'll be rooted, and you're able to start again fresh. From there, boot into XRecovery, and flash your ROM of choice.

Hopefully that helps you, mate. If not, feel free to drop me a line, I get my PM's e-mailed to me as soon as they come up.

Guest Siddhesh21

@ PhrozenFear:

Thanks for replying Friend :-)

I got the flashtool with .ftf or something named .435 firmware. but when I tried to flash it using the flash tool, flash started but it stopped saying that disconnect phone and turn it on and turn on usb debuging.

I already had my debugging on.

Next I used SEUS too, and that bull s*** said I have latest software on my phone no need to Update.

That is why I m here for help, cuz I did alot of flashing things in my phone and I know how to recover, but this time it is out of my brain.

ANY more help?

Guest thunderbox666
I got the flashtool with .ftf or something named .435 firmware. but when I tried to flash it using the flash tool, flash started but it stopped saying that disconnect phone and turn it on and turn on usb debuging.

Hey Mate,

I'm no pro, so this is only from my personal experience...

When flashing, try holding the back button for a good 15 seconds after you have started the flashing... I found on my phone (even when it is working) that if I dont do this, the phone leaves the flashing mode and flashtool cannot detect it anymore

Worth a shot anyway

Guest Siddhesh21

PROBLEM SOLVED

Trip helped me.

I mean no flashtools were working, not even SEUS helped (it said No new software is available for you phone), NOT EVEN THE SE SERVICE CENTRE HELPED.

The only thing that helped me is Trip's baseband flashtool.

I was able to flash my old firmware with the flashtool Trip provided with the baseband collection, if Trip had not provided it then I was asked by the service centre to keep my MB for 15-20 days.

ok one news for you people,

I got this news when the man in service centre when he saw this TripNMiui 2.2.

He said this rom is unauthorized and all, and SE will be releasing Android 2.2 for all SE Xperia having 2.1 this AUGUST andddddddddddddddddddd

ANDROID 2.4 this NOVEMBER.

I don't know why he said 2.2, I thought SE was releasing 2.3 for Our X10.

who knows whether this is true or not.

But he was very sure about 2.2.

Lets just hope they release it soon and TRIP CAN MODIFY THEM WITH HIS MAGIC FoR US. :-)

Get Ready TRIP, more stuffs coming your way :-)

All the best :-)

Guest Blaven
PROBLEM SOLVED

Trip helped me.

I mean no flashtools were working, not even SEUS helped (it said No new software is available for you phone), NOT EVEN THE SE SERVICE CENTRE HELPED.

The only thing that helped me is Trip's baseband flashtool.

I was able to flash my old firmware with the flashtool Trip provided with the baseband collection, if Trip had not provided it then I was asked by the service centre to keep my MB for 15-20 days.

ok one news for you people,

I got this news when the man in service centre when he saw this TripNMiui 2.2.

He said this rom is unauthorized and all, and SE will be releasing Android 2.2 for all SE Xperia having 2.1 this AUGUST andddddddddddddddddddd

ANDROID 2.4 this NOVEMBER.

I don't know why he said 2.2, I thought SE was releasing 2.3 for Our X10.

who knows whether this is true or not.

But he was very sure about 2.2.

Lets just hope they release it soon and TRIP CAN MODIFY THEM WITH HIS MAGIC FoR US. :-)

Get Ready TRIP, more stuffs coming your way :-)

All the best :-)

The 2.2 version has not been confirmed, only some people who conclude this since they will be giving us 2.3.

(GB is clearly confirmed here: http://dailymobile.se/2011/03/25/update-on...ead-is-coming/).

So I don't know about froyo, but we will definitely get Gingerbread.

Hope this gave you some more clearance.

~Blaven