[Kernel] ! 16/6 FreeKernel mod 3.51 - Eclair, FroYO, GB, MIUI!

Guest a1exander

Guest JingleJo
its not includet in the xrecovery backup so you will have to flash your desired baseband again, if it differs from the one you had already

Thanks mate, all working. I got setcpu and by the looks of it, the battery could be a tad bit better. Looking forward to an update.

Guest Neel007
This works, thanks! maybe someone can explain WHY it works, devs will probably fix but wow its fast.

ya this is the only method working.... i think this method should be posted on OP...

I am using this kernel since yesterday.... everything is working fine.....

there is no battery drain......

phone feels little faster then before but bcoz of fps uncap I feel little lag in games, not as smooth as before.... but :D

By using setcpu profiles , battery seems to perform well

Edited by Neel007

Guest rrusso

Hey guys

Tested with Trip's 1.5.6

radio - ok

data - ok

wifi - ok

bluetooth - ok

gps - ok

camera/camcorder - ok (fully working)

Everything works great...the phone is very fast and smooth

Battery is not drainning

Deep sleep is working

No WLODS

So...for those that are having problems, maybe you should try to reflash everything again.

Bye

Guest iggy2
anyone tested on the bb 67 ??

Yep, wifi great absolutely NO Signal, anyone have a way of making this work with bb67 (yes I know it status 52) I have a IMAC and bootcamp is broken so until I can get it fix I am unable to flash another BB (or if someone has a way around this)

Guest frankie_fish
let me know mate.

wait for ur report.

9 hours off use, lots of sms and few calls, no wifi, no 3g, battery went to 70%

i hope battery life will get better after longer use...

Guest Lauri455

Stuck at "Sony Ericsson".

J's Gingerbread Final K012.

Coudnl't even enter xRec to restore the backup, nor charge offline.

Guest Madsen Felipe
Hey guys

Tested with Trip's 1.5.6

radio - ok

data - ok

wifi - ok

bluetooth - ok

gps - ok

camera/camcorder - ok (fully working)

Everything works great...the phone is very fast and smooth

Battery is not drainning

Deep sleep is working

No WLODS

So...for those that are having problems, maybe you should try to reflash everything again.

Bye

Let's see :-)

Depois de algumas horas os bugs começam a aparecer.

Edited by Madsen Felipe

Guest a1exander
Stuck at "Sony Ericsson".

J's Gingerbread Final K012.

Coudnl't even enter xRec to restore the backup, nor charge offline.

If you cant do anything I advice you to firstly flash stock generic firmware with Flashtool.

Guest cjsabaki
so howto if I want to reflash to SE stock kernel, where I have to download it?

thks

Trip has a Back To Stock zip ( BTS ZIP ) that will revert to the stock kernel.... Personally, make a back up of your current rom FIRST before flashing a kernel...Then if you do not like the kernel, just restore your back up and its all back.

Since we only bypass the bootloader, the miniloader and kernel image are not set on the phone, just a temporary add-on flashed with xrecovery.

BACK UP FIRST!!! ;)

Best regards,

Chris

Guest BuglyAstard

I have 2 x10s, one with iris 1.5.6, and the other with cm6 1.5. They are both running this kernel with no problems, my battery is even staying cool which I was having a problem with. The only nitpick is that the camcorder video is not real smooth to me, is freezes and blurs a bit sometimes.

Guest cybugs
Trip has a Back To Stock zip ( BTS ZIP ) that will revert to the stock kernel.... Personally, make a back up of your current rom FIRST before flashing a kernel...Then if you do not like the kernel, just restore your back up and its all back.

Since we only bypass the bootloader, the miniloader and kernel image are not set on the phone, just a temporary add-on flashed with xrecovery.

BACK UP FIRST!!! ;)

Best regards,

Chris

oic.. so everythings which are flashed by xrecovery will included when we backingup. and will restored also when we restoring it rite?

except baseband pack coz it only can flashed with flashtool.. I mean it cannot flash with xrecovery *cmiiw

thanks for your explanation anyway.. sorry for my bad english :P

Guest JingleJo
- battery drain is high

- 3g/edge data very instable

- wlods sometimes

- turn on screen delay

- on battery 20% the x10 reboots all the time

My guess is that because the CPU is overclocked at 1113 Mhz, it will reboot at around 20%

Hasn't happened to me because i use setCPU app to set the max frequency at 998Mhz.

it is enough and i think 1113Mhz is just too much and a battery hog.

Guest MiropeG
Is this kernel compatible with TripNMIUI 1.6?

Yes. I have 1.6 + 49bb + FKmod3.47 working :P

But i go back to 1.5.6; sms ;) i need it. above was a test looking for a shortcut to sms.

Guest Cevis

I tried this kernel on TripnMiui 1.5.6. I'm having problems when I'm playing music. When I try to unlock the phone after few minutes, it freezes and I have to take off the battery. I think the problem could be something related to the 128 mhz underclock... Some one else has experienced that?

Guest Cevis

I installed using Xrecovery... I just flashed the .52 bb, bb patch like they said above... But now I changed to 245 min on Setcpu and works fine (til now).

Guest DauL

there is a new update out here. Check XDA

128MHz CPU Clock removed. (Because it is unstable at the time of return)

64MB swap area

app2sd fixed

regards

Guest a1exander

Updated first post with the new kernel and a "back to stock" flash package for those who want to revert back to stock kernel. ;)

Guest scattaman
Updated first post with the new kernel and a "back to stock" flash package for those who want to revert back to stock kernel. ;)

Do I just flash the updated one over the build I already have or should I go back to stock first then flash the update?