Screen not working after water damage

Guest sjrahman

Guest sjrahman

My ZTE Blade dropped into the toilet lol... i took it out straight away and turned it on. It worked so i turned it off, took the phone home and took dried the phone completely. After doing this the screen doesn't turn on when i power the phone up, the phone is working, the lights on the menu and back key etc are on but the screen is as though the phone isnt on. What do i do?

Guest k0zmic
My ZTE Blade dropped into the toilet lol... i took it out straight away and turned it on. It worked so i turned it off, took the phone home and took dried the phone completely. After doing this the screen doesn't turn on when i power the phone up, the phone is working, the lights on the menu and back key etc are on but the screen is as though the phone isnt on. What do i do?

Remove any of the components you can e.g. Battery, SD Card and phone. Put near Silica gel or a tub of rice. This will absorb the moisture.

Guest sjrahman
Remove any of the components you can e.g. Battery, SD Card and phone. Put near Silica gel or a tub of rice. This will absorb the moisture.

As the phone is working is there possibility that the screen has short circuited because i turned it on while there was still moisture in it?

Guest k0zmic
As the phone is working is there possibility that the screen has short circuited because i turned it on while there was still moisture in it?

Possibly, not sure what else you can do TBH.

Guest mcfly666

Take the phone apart completely to componant level, screen, mainboard, ect (fyi do this whenever a phone gets wet asap) place all parts in a dry/slightly heated place for a day or two, airing cuboard, radiator, ect. After that check to see if there is any corrosion anywhere and clean if needed with isopropanol.

Check to see if the phone works, if not repeat the above. If your lucky you've not done any permanant damage, my guess the moisture has got inside the screen. might be ok if you can get it out.

Edited by mcfly666

Guest sjrahman

Naa i think its time to give up... i stripped it completely only motherboard and TFT screen exposed. Dried it up, left in bag of rice to get rid of all moisture but the screen is not turning on :D... i think the screen needs to be replaced

Guest ThrashMan

Top tip!

Switching it on after fishing it out the bowl was a bit of a dumb move tho :D

Guest Pondlife
Switching it on after fishing it out the bowl was a bit of a dumb move tho :D

Wasn't the best, very common reaction though, assuming it was on when it went down the loo it might not have made it worse anyway.

Guest sjrahman

Thinking of buying a huawei u8800. 800 mhz processor and overclockable to 1.5ghz, Adreno 205 GPU, can handle flash, 720p recording. Looks quite good

• 1 year later...
Guest bilal786

hey i also dropped mine in the toilet ,unfortunately, my screen wouldnt work at first but the then i just hairdryed it constantly and it worked!.....but i was wondering if anyone could help me, since i dropped it in the toilet my wifi has been restricted and i cant connect to the router if im not in the same room as it. the connection shows up on my phone but all it says is, connecting->disconnected

please help,this is really annoying me!

• 3 years later...
Guest amanda82098

i'm a klutz and spilled some water on my ZTE phone. Screen immediately started flickering and soon quit working although the lights and such still did. I'm trying the hairdrying method- Hope it works. can you tell me how long you blowdried yours?

Edited by amanda82098
not finished

• 1 year later...