☆☆☆ [ROM] [GB] LiquidNext 1.9.2 (17/10/11) ☆☆☆

Guest Suxsem

Guest daimadoshi85

Hi all. I followed the wiki to enable swap and v6 charger, but I noticed that I have to enable swap on every boot. How can I set to enable swap automatically on startup? In wiki there's written about a .noswap file, but I didn't have this file on the data directory :| any ideas?

Guest yapa73

It is perfect at 1.4x, and just now I flashed 1.7.1 and I immediately discovered that it becomes extremely laggy. For example, when I use Regina Launcher it lags pretty serious. But that doesn't appear at 1.4x at all! Also if i open another app when I am listening to music , my phone freezes and my earphone produce 'NgNgNg' sounds. This is terrible! It doesn't exist on any other rom, even LN1.5!!!

Liquid on A1, you must run the ThePasto guide on the Wiki LiquidNext, V6 Supercharger Settings.

If you do not do this it is normal that you suffer from terrible lag;-)

second to improve battery performance, flash, no wipe, the 1.7.1 above, 1.7.2.

third, if you want to take better pictures in low light and fix the lag in video streaming, Flash (no sign check) the camera stock (http://www.multiupload.com/GSVUHHBDWF).

You will see that you are fully satisfied.

Guest yapa73

Hi all. I followed the wiki to enable swap and v6 charger, but I noticed that I have to enable swap on every boot. How can I set to enable swap automatically on startup? In wiki there's written about a .noswap file, but I didn't have this file on the data directory :| any ideas?

open terminal emulator and type these commands:

su

swapon /dev/block/mmcblk0p3

rm /data/.noswap

reboot

when it is restarted, it checks whether it is activated with the command:

free

PS. make sure you do not have the compcache enabled ... if it is, turn it off.

Edited by yapa73

Guest kaerry

Find a solution for battery drain, enable v6 supercharger only with option 1 and 12, then select "strict lowmem" in a2sdgui. No lag and good battery drain in stand-by, i have 20 hours of lifetime with a full charge

Guest Nighthawk McKenzie

Ty. I am using LN 1.7.2 atm, so going to the stock app is not an option right now ... but i know what you mean.

and this leads me to another idea: is it possible to "extract" the stock contact app and install it on LN 1.7.2?

maybe that would already solve my "problem" :-)

anybody here with a stock rom installed who could probably do that? of course i could go back to stock rom ... but then i would still not know how to do that - beside not knowing if it would make any sense at all :)

Perhaps I shouldn't have stated 'stock' contact app. I meant the default "Contacts" app that is installed with LN 1.7.2. Go to your AppDrawer and it should be there. From my understanding the Contacts app in LN is no different than in any stock rom. If you are using a third party dialer (Like GoDialer or something) there should be options in GoContacts that will allow you to flip visibility on and off in the same way.

Guest Liqushi

This can be solved by installing the Back 2 Stock Camera Update.

If im not wrong its a codec issue that came with the new camera app or something .... not sure.

Perect it worked!

Sent from my Liquid using Tapatalk

third, if you want to take better pictures in low light and fix the lag in video streaming, Flash (no sign check) the camera stock

Better pictures in low light with the camera stock? :) can´t disagree more, the Metal camera is the best camera (with difference) for Liquid, I can post hundreds of pictures comparing :)

Find a solution for battery drain, enable v6 supercharger only with option 1 and 12, then select "strict lowmem" in a2sdgui. No lag and good battery drain in stand-by, i have 20 hours of lifetime with a full charge

20h of lifetime is not even a day! With 1.7.2 as it is I get almost 35-48h with a mixed use of some wifi, calls, sms and I find it way less than desirable...

Liquid A1 suffers of short memory and therefor always using the CPU / SD Swap to improve things, ultimately spending a lot of battery with those mechanisms... I bet the Liquid E is a lot better on that.

Guest thirtytwodave

My LEDs work fine until i install LNP. Do i need to install it and if i do how can i fix the LEDs. i uncheck all the led settings in LNP but it doesn't make a difference

Guest daimadoshi85

I have to do this every time! There's is no .Noswap file on /data to delete! But swap is not present on reboot.

open terminal emulator and type these commands:

su

swapon /dev/block/mmcblk0p3

rm /data/.noswap

reboot

when it is restarted, it checks whether it is activated with the command:

free

PS. make sure you do not have the compcache enabled ... if it is, turn it off.

Guest stepsss

Try this:

when ur phone is running, connect it to the power supply (or pc via USB) to load it.

when its fully loaded unplug the cable and then turn off the phone (just turn it off AFTER the cable is unplugged)

when the phone is off, plug the cable again, phone will start loading again. wait until the led does stop flashing (it will be on permanently then).

after this unplug the phone again and start in recovery mode (malez recovery is installed i guess?)

go to the wipe menu and choose "battery wipe" -> do it.

now restart the phone. battery drain should be better now - at least that helped for me (though battery drain could still be better, but now my phone is up for about 2 days before it needs charging again - was half before i did the above thingy).

hope that helps ^^

thank you for your suggestion, but it seems that it does not work on my liquid :(

is there anyone having another solution??

it is quite troublesome when the phone cannot last for whole day

thank you

Guest siggey

I have to do this every time! There's is no .Noswap file on /data to delete! But swap is not present on reboot.

Have you installed a2sd GUI? And if yes, is there swap enabled?

I'm on A1 with 256 Mb of swap, no compcache, governor On demand, 921 MHz. Since 1.7.2 I have a lot of lag, even after the wiki steps. So I made some tests and I get a reasonable fast rom and a normal battery drain simply choosing the option 8 in v6 supercharged scripts. Strange but true.

Edited by siggey

Guest SerialBlack

This may sound like a really dumb question....I have used this ROM with no issues for some time. However, do to the ignorance of other people, my phone was crushed. mad.gif That being said, I had to get a new phone, and they no longer offer the liquid E through rogers....so I ended up getting the Dell Streak 5. My question is, would it be possible to port this ROM to the dell phone? There isn't many ROMs out there for the streak, and I really loved how this one looked and ran. If the all mighty Dev (buttering up a bit wink.gif) could do that, not only would it be the sweetest ROM for the streak, but I would have no problems donating for the work.

Guest thirtytwodave
This may sound like a really dumb question....I have used this ROM with no issues for some time. However, do to the ignorance of other people, my phone was crushed. mad.gif That being said, I had to get a new phone, and they no longer offer the liquid E through rogers....so I ended up getting the Dell Streak 5. My question is, would it be possible to port this ROM to the dell phone? There isn't many ROMs out there for the streak, and I really loved how this one looked and ran. If the all mighty Dev (buttering up a bit wink.gif) could do that, not only would it be the sweetest ROM for the streak, but I would have no problems donating for the work.

I don't know who told you Rogers isn't carrying any more but you can buy them no contract for $249.99. Here is the link http://www.rogers.com/web/link/wirelessBuyFlow?forwardTo=PhoneThenPlan&productType=normal&productId_Detailed=S100BLKR&N=52+11

Guest daimadoshi85

Have you installed a2sd GUI? And if yes, is there swap enabled?

I'm on A1 with 256 Mb of swap, no compcache, governor On demand, 921 MHz. Since 1.7.2 I have a lot of lag, even after the wiki steps. So I made some tests and I get a reasonable fast rom and a normal battery drain simply choosing the option 8 in v6 supercharged ™ scripts. Strange but true.

Yes, I tried it, and it's the same, on reboot I have to reenable swap :| Also, following the wiki, I have the same problems as you, a lot of lags, and after some hours, the phone hardly responds to every interaction. Do you think that I have to choose the option 8 too? Zeppelinrox, please help us! Suxsem, come back home :P

Edited by daimadoshi85

Guest SerialBlack

I don't know who told you Rogers isn't carrying any more but you can buy them no contract for $249.99. Here is the link http://www.rogers.co...100BLKR&N=52+11

None of the stores around here have them, nor would they order it, they have been fazed out for the newer MT. You CAN order one from the site, but it wasn't offered with the "out of warranty" program, and I would have had to wait 3-5 days, and that was something I just couldn't do at the time. Horrible timing, but the dell is nice, I just really like this rom

Guest siggey

None of the stores around here have them, nor would they order it, they have been fazed out for the newer MT. You CAN order one from the site, but it wasn't offered with the "out of warranty" program, and I would have had to wait 3-5 days, and that was something I just couldn't do at the time. Horrible timing, but the dell is nice, I just really like this rom

On official cyanogenmod site you can find a lot of fully supported phone, and if you want cm7 buy a phone that already have the rom...

Can I ask why the LCD uses 63% of total battery *IF* the screen is mostly OFF, 30% brightness, 1 minute to turn off?

This was mostly on standby and the screen never lighted by itself. When I did some calls the screen was off (proximity sensor worked)

screenshot1313920858394.th.png

Edited by mmick

Guest tk8232

anyone with a liquid e 512 mb phone please check, if the rom recognizes all of your memory. i have a liquid e with 512 mb and only 256 mb are used. half the memory is not usable.