☆☆☆ [ROM] [GB] LiquidNext 1.9.2 (17/10/11) ☆☆☆

Guest Suxsem

Great rom, but battery drain is the point to focus!

Without a doubt!!! Battery drain IS the point to work a lot

What happens with battery drain:

- On airplane mode, 8h (standard CPU frequency, NO swap, NO V6 scrip, just standard apps on RAM like GO SMS, Launcher, Cyanogen/LNP): 2% / hour of drain. This seems too much as before (Froyo T&L) I had < 1%/hour

- On normal use: LCD (30-35% of brightness, light sensor off) uses 60-65% of battery drain, even using intensively the WIFI or other things. The LCD (don´t know why) is the big guilty here!

I believe there is something wrong with the LCD/graphics driver/light sensor that is using constantly a lot of battery! On other ROMs LCD was only a small part of battery drain, now is the main (with difference!) problem.

Guest endamaco

Someone could tell me wich are the settings of the minfree in 1.8?

I think that is too aggressive:

if I'm downloading something from the market and I open another app (so the market goes on background) the download is deleted and I have to repeat from the beginning; moreover if I'm uploading a photo to facebook and I put facebook in background the upload is killed

Guest mighty2666

hello everybody, 1.8 is a really good realease! anyway it seems that gps isn't working for me, I flashed tne .14 original acer bin and then the 1.8 release...

Guest fpkekko

if I'm downloading something from the market and I open another app (so the market goes on background) the download is deleted and I have to repeat from the beginning; moreover if I'm uploading a photo to facebook and I put facebook in background the upload is killed

same for me...:huh::huh:

Guest thepasto

I think it is not a minfree settings problem... It's a ram problem. Everything is killed because you need free ram :) If you have swap enabled maybe it should be like you said above, but swap may slow down your system.. To change minfree there are several ways, so just use the one you prefer :D

Guest Andi-HH

anyone else with the problem, that the phone doesn't wake up any more? happened 2 time till now...

For me battery life is okay, but sometimes there is a strange increase of draining.

Guest ManniX.ita

anyone else with the problem, that the phone doesn't wake up any more? happened 2 time till now...

For me battery life is okay, but sometimes there is a strange increase of draining.

Yes, same boat here.

Guest endamaco

I think it is not a minfree settings problem... It's a ram problem. Everything is killed because you need free ram :) If you have swap enabled maybe it should be like you said above, but swap may slow down your system.. To change minfree there are several ways, so just use the one you prefer :D

I have no swap

Guest padre.zack

My Wifi keep on Obtaining Ip address and after a while it dced.. i checked my DHCP nothing wrong... any help? I re-flashed to my old rom and wi-fi is pretty much working.. and when i reflash to Liquid next 1.8 still wifi have problem.. I wipe all and reflash again.. Wi-Fi still obtaining Ip and DCed... Help?

Guest Andi-HH

My Wifi keep on Obtaining Ip address and after a while it dced.. i checked my DHCP nothing wrong... any help? I re-flashed to my old rom and wi-fi is pretty much working.. and when i reflash to Liquid next 1.8 still wifi have problem.. I wipe all and reflash again.. Wi-Fi still obtaining Ip and DCed... Help?

A few hours ago my wifi worked, but now it doesn't work anymore, don't know why...

Guest fpkekko

A few hours ago my wifi worked, but now it doesn't work anymore, don't know why...

Try to restart your phone...

when i restart my phone, wifi work but when i disconnect it and try to reconnect , wifi doesn't work :( :(

Guest Dima KN

One more time about GPS. It works from time to time. When it doen't work I get a lot of logs like this:

D/libloc ( 362): Event RPC_LOC_EVENT_STATUS_REPORT (client 0)

D/libloc ( 362): Fix session state: RPC_LOC_FIX_SESSION_STATE_BEGIN

D/libloc ( 362): loc_eng_deferred_action_thread signalled

D/libloc ( 362): loc_eng_deferred_action_thread event 256

D/libloc ( 362): loc_eng_process_loc_event: 100

D/libloc ( 362): loc_eng_deferred_action_thread. waiting for events

D/libloc ( 362):

D/libloc ( 362): Event RPC_LOC_EVENT_SATELLITE_REPORT (client 0)

D/libloc ( 362): sv count: 0

D/libloc ( 362): loc_eng_deferred_action_thread event 2

D/libloc ( 362): loc_eng_process_loc_event: 2

D/libloc ( 362):

D/libloc ( 362): Event RPC_LOC_EVENT_PARSED_POSITION_REPORT (client 0)

D/libloc ( 362): Session status: RPC_LOC_SESS_STATUS_GENERAL_FAILURE Valid mask: 0x1

D/libloc ( 362): Latitude: 0.0000000 (intermediate)

D/libloc ( 362): Longitude: 0.0000000

D/libloc ( 362): Accuracy: 0.0000000

D/libloc ( 362): loc_eng_deferred_action_thread event 1

D/libloc ( 362): loc_eng_process_loc_event: 1

D/libloc ( 362):

Guest Andi-HH

Try to restart your phone...

when i restart my phone, wifi work but when i disconnect it and try to reconnect , wifi doesn't work :( :(

I removed the saved network information and connected again with retyping the password, now it seems to work.

Just restarting didn't help.

Edited by Andi-HH

Guest thirtytwodave

i ran into a weird problem last night. While i'm using my bluetooth headset and i send a message while in a call my speaker turns on and i have to hit the bluetooth button a few times to get it back

Daaaam, I updated this morning just 'cos I was bored, and now 1.9.2 is out... that'll teach me to be more patient :D

Will wait to hear if new version is more/less/equally power-hungry than the 1.8.26 before updating. At any rate, great job Lens, as always! You rule man!

What are you talking about?

Edited by gnommo

Guest gst0098

Hi to all,

I have again the aero-mode switching on and off repeatedly in a crazy way making the cell completely useless. I always had this problem with all GB custom roms, and also with CM6.1.1, is there any way to overcome this behaviour ? Otherwise I'm stuck with t&l.

I'm using of course the latest release.

So far this is the best rom for liquid A1, apart for this problem that apparently does not affect all liquids out there.

Thanks in advance,

Giuseppe