☆☆☆ [ROM] [GB] LiquidNext 1.9.2 (17/10/11) ☆☆☆

Guest Suxsem

I tested an issue today that I already suspected since 1.7.x versions: flash video and video performance in general is much worse than with on Froyo. When I had the standard Froyo at standard CPU speed I could play 480p streamed flash video rather easily but now, video is slow as video codecs now mostly work thru software mode...

I make the question if the video layer is broken and now most things use the CPU and, therefore video is jerky + those battery numbers saying the LCD takes the biggest part of the juice...could it be a broken driver?

I tested an issue today that I already suspected since 1.7.x versions: flash video and video performance in general is much worse than with on Froyo. When I had the standard Froyo at standard CPU speed I could play 480p streamed flash video rather easily but now, video is slow as video codecs now mostly work thru software mode...

I make the question if the video layer is broken and now most things use the CPU and, therefore video is jerky + those battery numbers saying the LCD takes the biggest part of the juice...could it be a broken driver?

Video performances are good for me, I didn't see any difference with froyo.

Camcorder instead is much slower: 20fps vs 10fps

Edited by gnommo

gnommo: last night I tried webpages with a single flash frame and it worked fine, but the website I used to use to watch TV (flash) has some publicity and on Froyo it worked well, now it stops and breaks, it works if only the flash movie is on the webpage. Conclusion: now video performance is enough for a single flash frame, but definitely worse than on Froyo that handled more flash frames at once.

Last night occurred one situation that happens sometimes: on plane mode, CPU Max 576Mhz, no apps running than the default ones and battery gone from 91% to 47% in 6h! This happens sometimes and once again the screen is said to eat 60% of the juice. It is fast and the best ROM EVER but definitely has some serious battery issues...

Guest LiquidEr

Excuse me, can I use Titanium Backup to backup all my apps and switch from Liquidnext 1.7.2 to 1.8 ?

otherwise, how can i restore all my apps+data?

hope somebody is able to help :)

thanks!

Guest Pi3rluigi

Excuse me, can I use Titanium Backup to backup all my apps and switch from Liquidnext 1.7.2 to 1.8 ?

otherwise, how can i restore all my apps+data?

hope somebody is able to help :)

thanks!

You can ONLY restore apps and data not system data.

Other issues I´ve found (and also happened on 1.7.x)

- battery seems to charge a lot faster (3h) than with Froyo (3.5-4h). Is it charging it fully? I´ve tried both erasing / not erasing bat stats and results are the same

- the proximity sensor is TOOO sensible. If my face is 0.5-1mm above the sensor it turns ON the screen with 2 results: 1) Most of my calls are frequentely stopped/paused due to my face touch the screen. I´ve tried to change Liquid´s position, another hand and even my girlfriend tried to make calls and results are always the same 2) as the LCD keeps going ON & OFF it uses more battery.

In sum what are the issues I´ve found until now with 1.8.0 & 1.7.x:

1) LCD spends a lot of battery with the same settings as before (Froyo). Before I had 15-20%, now with LCR 55-60%

2) the proximity sensor is TOOO sensible (it is annoying...extremely annoying LOL)

3) battery seems to charge a lot faster (which is strange as I charge it turned off all the time, on the same place, same charger)

4) GPU acceleration seems slower than with Froyo (I speacially notice playing heavy videos and with flash video)

5) Phone uses a lot of battery during the night (this does NOT happen all the time. Tonight for example, I left it on "Airplane mode", @max 576Mhz, quit all non-essencial background apps as always. In 6-7h it went down >25% of battery!). I saw 60% due to LCD? In theory it was off all night...

6) Phone uses more battery during the day (With Froyo, at work, 2G, back data off, etc it would go down <1%/hour. With LCR it goes down 2-3%/hour)

Isn´t the Android 2.3.5 suppose to have better energy savings? :D And yes, my battery is fine as I installed Froyo again (fresh clean) and results are as I referred. But Froyo sucks so bad compared to LCR... :P

Edited by mmick

Guest thirtytwodave

I guess i am lucky i have 18hrs40mins with 4% percent remaining thats running wifi,3g and bluetooth .Bluetooth runs for 4-5hrs a night and about 7-8 phone calls a min or less

Other issues I´ve found (and also happened on 1.7.x)

- battery seems to charge a lot faster (3h) than with Froyo (3.5-4h). Is it charging it fully? I´ve tried both erasing / not erasing bat stats and results are the same

- the proximity sensor is TOOO sensible. If my face is 0.5-1mm above the sensor it turns ON the screen with 2 results: 1) Most of my calls are frequentely stopped/paused due to my face touch the screen. I´ve tried to change Liquid´s position, another hand and even my girlfriend tried to make calls and results are always the same 2) as the LCD keeps going ON & OFF it uses more battery.

In sum what are the issues I´ve found until now with 1.8.0 & 1.7.x:

1) LCD spends a lot of battery with the same settings as before (Froyo). Before I had 15-20%, now with LCR 55-60%

2) the proximity sensor is TOOO sensible (it is annoying...extremely annoying LOL)

3) battery seems to charge a lot faster (which is strange as I charge it turned off all the time, on the same place, same charger)

4) GPU acceleration seems slower than with Froyo (I speacially notice playing heavy videos and with flash video)

5) Phone uses a lot of battery during the night (this does NOT happen all the time. Tonight for example, I left it on "Airplane mode", @max 576Mhz, quit all non-essencial background apps as always. In 6-7h it went down >25% of battery!). I saw 60% due to LCD? In theory it was off all night...

6) Phone uses more battery during the day (With Froyo, at work, 2G, back data off, etc it would go down <1%/hour. With LCR it goes down 2-3%/hour)

Isn´t the Android 2.3.5 suppose to have better energy savings? :D And yes, my battery is fine as I installed Froyo again (fresh clean) and results are as I referred. But Froyo sucks so bad compared to LCR... :P

You are right... And i have the same problems that supposedly was fixed.Wifi with no security my phone doesn't find. Sometimes screen doesn't wake up after a call..

I'm a bit disapointed with Liquid Next, I think first releases was better.

Edited by droug

Guest daimadoshi85

Try changing in LNP the Screen settings:

from help:

Sensitivity and noise must be set between 20 and 75, where 20 means max sensibility and 75 the min. Reccomended: 25 for sensibiilty and 50 for noise.

Guest ManniX.ita

Try changing in LNP the Screen settings:

from help:

I think they are touch screen values, he's looking for something about the proximity sensor.

The button to hold the call can be disabled from Cyano settings if I remember correctly.

I don't have so much troubles with the prox sensor but it was much better in 1.6.

Hi,

I have a strange issue, my phone doesn't wake up sometime and I have to pull out the battery.

I was on 1.7.1 before and no problem, but since I upgrade to 1.7.2 and 1.8 version I had this problem.

Now I downgrade on 1.6.1and still have this no wake up screen issue.

Could it be a hardware problem or because of widgetlocker?

By the way LiquidNext is the best ROM.

Guest Aleksei87

Hi all!

I've installed LN 1.7.2 on my girlfriend's 256mb Liquid last month, and now that there's a new version available i would like to upgrade it. But flashing from recovery wipes data and apps (i did a nandroid backup before). Is there a way to quickcly upgrade the rom while keeping apps and data? On my HTC desire when i update CM7 to a newer version i never wipe my /data partition, and everything is fine

mmick

This value change the sensitivity of proximity sensor.

Nice! Thank you very much, I have to try :D

my phone doesn't wake up sometime and I have to pull out the battery.

I was on 1.7.1 before and no problem, but since I upgrade to 1.7.2 and 1.8 version I had this problem.

I have *exactly* the same problem with the plus that sometimes I have to wipe Dalvik-Cache in order to have a boot or else it freezes booting! When I had 1.7 I had no problems. With 1.7.2 I started with some and 1.8 is *full* of issues.

I also have issues with ADW Launcher: it doesn´t save the settings. I reinstalled the ROM and when I tried to restore it...didn´t. It also seems to eat more RAM than Android´s default as all the time I leave the web browser to the Launcher it has to reload all the widgets again and again.

I reinstalled again Acer´s ROM + 1.8 and same issues freezing on boot now and then, plus sometimes the phone turns off itself.

the most annoying thing about this rom (since 1.7) is, that some apps get forceclosed all the time.

fatbooth for example doesn´t work any more. everytime i try to adjust the facedetection points i get a fc.

it worked fine with the older liquid next versions

the most annoying thing about this rom (since 1.7) is, that some apps get forceclosed all the time.

fatbooth for example doesn´t work any more. everytime i try to adjust the facedetection points i get a fc.

it worked fine with the older liquid next versions

Guest AcerFerrari

It still produces noises( Ng~~~) when playing music. I tried all music apps but still don't work. I 've also tried flashing other roms but it seems that it is the problem of this rom

Anyone have any ideas?

After another full Acer ROM + LN 1.8 ROM flash, some freezes & reboots & non-booting that demanded a Dalvik-cache wipe now it seems that LN 1.8 is somewhat stable.

I still have the issues I mentioned before, battery still drains fast (@768Mhz, no swap, no v6, GSM only, no background data) than ever (on pair with 1.7.1/1.7.2).

IMO ADW Launcher is the responsible for some freezes and lots of times it says ADW stopped working. In 2 days I had 6-7 times that notice... This already happened on every LN1.8 flash. As I am waiting for another great LN version this month I´ll keep this as it is, but honestly this is the most problematic LN ROM I had...