☆☆☆ [ROM] [GB] LiquidNext 1.9.2 (17/10/11) ☆☆☆

Guest Suxsem

Guest lvcargnini

Hi I fresh burn the latest bin EME modified for S100 (256 Mb RAM), after installed the LN 1.9, but currently my system is completely unusable, extremely slow and the screen after 4 acces doesn't reactivate anymore.

So for now if someone has a solution to the blank screen and/or performance issue please tell me.

in terminal emulator to gain root privileges you need to run the su command before everithing else

still not working. nothing changed with roo-access or mounting RW. still get this error, when updating sdman manualy:

sdman.tar.gz 100% |*******************************| 5217 0:00:00 ETA

tar: invalid tar magic

mv: can't rename '10sdman': No such file or directory

mv: can't rename 'sdman': No such file or directory

btw: what does it mean?

Guest fear_factory84

Going into cm settings and select home stay in memory, then i use a new script which speed up liquid instead sdman's swap and lwmk settings

I use v6 supercharger also with 1.9, and it works like in past versions.

Second day of full usage. I love the increased phone space, before 1.9 I had under 90meg free, now I have 120+ free with the same apps installed. The downside is battery life has dropped, from 8 hours of hard use (playing podcasts at 1.5x speed for 6 to 7 hours), to just over 5 hours. I can't fault anything else and I have no need to downgrade to 1.8. I wonder what changes led to the battery life drop? I did change the low cpu speed from 128 to 255 as I read that made a difference (I did notice that previous to hard usage the phone was draining battery heavily just idling, although I was in a bad reception area at the time which could mean the radio had to use more power to maintain a good signal). I also wonder what the new governors for cpu are like. I don't remember there being smartass and smartass v2 in the 1.8 release, although to be honest I left it set to ondemand as that was the best governor in setcpu.

you probably have data moved to sd (not only apps).. that could justify battery drain.

Check it and eventually disable it using sdman.

Guest Daneel_87

still not working. nothing changed with roo-access or mounting RW. still get this error, when updating sdman manualy:

sdman.tar.gz 100% |*******************************| 5217 0:00:00 ETA

tar: invalid tar magic

mv: can't rename '10sdman': No such file or directory

mv: can't rename 'sdman': No such file or directory

btw: what does it mean?

it seems the update file it downloads is corrupted and can't be extracted

Guest Stangoesagain

Pardon me for asking, but what exactly is sdman? Is it an app of a script that runs in the background? How does one control it? From a terminal emulator just like V6? Does it come with the ROM or does it come with LNP, or is it in CM settings?

I'm trying to figure out the safe way to upgrade from 1.8 and sdman is kinda cloudy to me. When does it have to be installed/run/configured? Before restoring apps with Titatium or can they be moved manually like with Apps2SD that we used on stock Froyo. What happens when you select "move to SD" from Settings/Manage Applications? Where do apps move - to the Ext2 or to the FAT part for SD? How can one keep apps on SD but their data in the phone memory, if keeping them all on SD drains the battery? Does battery drain happen when apps are on Ext2 or on Fat or equally on both?

Basically, how does app management work with sdman?

Titanium Backup also has something like "restore apps to previous" location option - how should apps be restored correctly on 1.9+sdman?

With so many complaints about FCs and reboots I'm afraid to upgrade unless I know what I am doing, so many things can go wrong.

Guest Daneel_87

sdman was written by LN developers to replace a2sd, it is included into the rom, and you can control it through LNP

since it's a different script, it's recommended to wipe ext when moving from 1.8 which used a2sd

once activated it works like a2sd and you can restore apps like before

Guest Stangoesagain

I'm not sure that *before* I restored apps the right way. Now they seem to be all over the place and I want to avoid this situation after 1.9 upgrade.

A2SD had a gui app that now shows that apps are on sd but there's no highlight on the button that indicates that something is not right but I don't know what and don't know how to fix it.

I want to avoid similar problems with SDman. Control through LNP - does it mean there are checkboxes or does it open in terminal like v6 tweaker?

Guest Daneel_87

I'm not sure that *before* I restored apps the right way. Now they seem to be all over the place and I want to avoid this situation after 1.9 upgrade.

A2SD had a gui app that now shows that apps are on sd but there's no highlight on the button that indicates that something is not right but I don't know what and don't know how to fix it.

I want to avoid similar problems with SDman. Control through LNP - does it mean there are checkboxes or does it open in terminal like v6 tweaker?

nice checkboxes for simple operations like moving apps, data, dalvik and setting swap, terminal for other things

a2sdgui doesn't work wth sdman

Edited by Daneel_87

Guest Stangoesagain

Thanks, I'm pretty close to visualizing a step-by-step procedure for a safe upgrade.

Another question - on 1.8 the first time I run Market it prompts me to install a bunch of Google apps and that happens before downloading LNP and configuring SDman (or a2sdgui on 1.8). Where will these apps go? Would SDman move them to SD itself or should it be done manually from Settings/Manage Applications later?

On any new app install - do they go to SD, if it's a default destination set in sdman? Or should all location control be done through Android Settings? Some need to be in phone memory, like widgets and Google+, others could be on SD. Among those on SD, some could be on FAT, some could be only on Ext2. Android Settings can't tell the difference when I look at individual apps or hit "on SD card" tab, but I trust it won't be moving anything to FAT.

Guest devilishone

you probably have data moved to sd (not only apps).. that could justify battery drain.

Check it and eventually disable it using sdman.

Interesting. I couldn't get sdman to run after the install so I have never been able to use it. I will see about fixing that situation and see how much it could fix the battery drain.

Guest Daneel_87

Thanks, I'm pretty close to visualizing a step-by-step procedure for a safe upgrade.

Another question - on 1.8 the first time I run Market it prompts me to install a bunch of Google apps and that happens before downloading LNP and configuring SDman (or a2sdgui on 1.8). Where will these apps go? Would SDman move them to SD itself or should it be done manually from Settings/Manage Applications later?

On any new app install - do they go to SD, if it's a default destination set in sdman? Or should all location control be done through Android Settings? Some need to be in phone memory, like widgets and Google+, others could be on SD. Among those on SD, some could be on FAT, some could be only on Ext2. Android Settings can't tell the difference when I look at individual apps or hit "on SD card" tab, but I trust it won't be moving anything to FAT.

when using sdman, apps installed on internal are moved to sd-ext, in android preferences those apps are on phone, if you set sd they are moved to fat, in fact sdman just links /data/app on a directory on the ext partition.

Guest treyguitar

Upgraded to 1.9.1 without wiping anything and got no network... even after some reboots. Wireless network setting is grayed out, seems like it's not getting the SIM card. I'll try to reflash and, if still broken, to wipe.

i had problem since i use 1.8, some game dont works, NFS Shift, and now 1.9 both NFS SHift and Aspalth and also flight control doesnt work, shown blacnk screen everythime... please help... this rom is owesome, but i need this get to works

thank you

Guest Stangoesagain

when using sdman, apps installed on internal are moved to sd-ext, in android preferences those apps are on phone, if you set sd they are moved to fat, in fact sdman just links /data/app on a directory on the ext partition.

I suppose a2sd does the same thing on 1.8, but why then I quickly ran out of internal memory when I was restoring my apps? Was it a2sd fault or did I do something wrong?

Guest ghettoracer

i first started using LN 1.9 few days ago going complete wipe clean install. now i just updated to 1.9.1. all is well except for Metal Camera. it is not available on my phone. i reboot, and can not find it. another thing i just notice today is CM7's Lockscreen > Widget options > Locscreen gestures > Build gestures when i try to "add gestures" it crashes with the message "(process com.cyanogenmod.cmparts) has stopped unexpected." is this function working for everyone else?

update: so, with 1.9 i was not able to use Metal Camera, however under Settings > LN > user Metal Camera app when i toggle that it would show the stock camera. when i updated to 1.9.1 i still don't have Metal Camera and worse when i toggle it with Settings > LN > user Metal Camera app the stock camera disappeared as well.

i decided to checked /system/app and noticed a file name camera.stock_lock and after renaming that to camera.apk the camera works again. does anyone know what i find download Metal Camera from?

Edited by ghettoracer