☆☆☆ [ROM] [GB] LiquidNext 1.9.2 (17/10/11) ☆☆☆

Guest Suxsem

Guest ozfunghi

I have a problem with battery drain. without data it's normal, but with data on, even if it's in standby, the battery drain is about 15-20% hour.

Surfing the Net it went from 16 to 0% in 5 minutes. This happens with both normal and undervolted kernel. I usullay use it at 921-128 ondemand.

I tried to recalibrate battery and use it at 768 Mhz but the broblem remains.

sorry for my bad english.

Make sure wifi and 3G are never on at the same time. That might help a bit. Also, there is surfing and there is surfing. Visiting an text based site would be a lot less demanding of the hardware than a site with lots of flash animations etc...

Make sure wifi and 3G are never on at the same time. That might help a bit. Also, there is surfing and there is surfing. Visiting an text based site would be a lot less demanding of the hardware than a site with lots of flash animations etc...

I go in mobile sites, i don't use flash and i have problems with my wifi at home so i never use it.

Guest ozfunghi

I think 3G drains the battery more than wifi. Also, which cpu governor are you using? I'm using smartassV2 with 128 min and 883 Mhz max cpu clockspeed. Using undervolted kernel, auto brightness... i now have better battery than original stock rom and better performance. It drains less than 1% per hour when not in use. In use it's comparable with stock ROM i think.

EDIT: oh i see you use ondemand. Try SmartassV2, worked for me.

Edited by ozfunghi

Guest _Shani_

I have couple of questions regarding LiquidNext 1.9.2 for Liquid E.

=> will this rom work with Liquid E (with android 2.2 from Canada)

=> For the installation of this rom, do I need to wipe out all my data on the phone n SD card.

=> If yes, It suggests that I don't backup my data using titanium backup. So which backup software I can use?

Thanks

Guest Dima KN

I have couple of questions regarding LiquidNext 1.9.2 for Liquid E.

=> will this rom work with Liquid E (with android 2.2 from Canada)

=> For the installation of this rom, do I need to wipe out all my data on the phone n SD card.

=> If yes, It suggests that I don't backup my data using titanium backup. So which backup software I can use?

Thanks

=> I don't think there can be trouble with Canadian liquid E(I'am from Russia - no problem with Russian liquid E)

=> Yes you need full wipe

=> You can use titanium backup, but do not backup system data and settings - only software with data

I think 3G drains the battery more than wifi. Also, which cpu governor are you using? I'm using smartassV2 with 128 min and 883 Mhz max cpu clockspeed. Using undervolted kernel, auto brightness... i now have better battery than original stock rom and better performance. It drains less than 1% per hour when not in use. In use it's comparable with stock ROM i think.

EDIT: oh i see you use ondemand. Try SmartassV2, worked for me.

you have liquid a1 or E????

Guest _Shani_

=> I don't think there can be trouble with Canadian liquid E(I'am from Russia - no problem with Russian liquid E)

=> Yes you need full wipe

=> You can use titanium backup, but do not backup system data and settings - only software with data

Thanks

What did you use to backup all ur sms and contacts?

Also ext2 means we need to have 2 partition of sd cards? Is there specific size we have to give each partition?

And if I flash this rom using malez recovery, is there going to be problem?

Edit: Just found out that I can export all contacts to sd card. Still looking for something for msgs.

In the full wipe does it wipe out sd card too?

Edited by _Shani_

Thanks

What did you use to backup all ur sms and contacts?

Also ext2 means we need to have 2 partition of sd cards? Is there specific size we have to give each partition?

And if I flash this rom using malez recovery, is there going to be problem?

Edit: Just found out that I can export all contacts to sd card. Still looking for something for msgs.

In the full wipe does it wipe out sd card too?

For sms use sms backup... it's free on market... i suggest you using 4.002.14 emea gen1... so if you have problem with canadian leak... reflash first 4.002.14... and partition your sdcard with malez recovery, 256 mb swap and ext2 i made 1024 mb on an 8 gb sdcard.

Guest _Shani_

For sms use sms backup... it's free on market... i suggest you using 4.002.14 emea gen1... so if you have problem with canadian leak... reflash first 4.002.14... and partition your sdcard with malez recovery, 256 mb swap and ext2 i made 1024 mb on an 8 gb sdcard.

Thanks, I am using sms backup to backup all my msgs to gmail.

what is 4.002.14 emea gen1?

what is 256mb swap?

so u did 2 partition of 8gb card, 1gb and 7gb(or leftover)?

On liquid E you don't need swap. 256 mb of ext2 is a good value. You must partition your sd from malez recovery. Everything on sd is deleted.

Thanks, I am using sms backup to backup all my msgs to gmail.

what is 4.002.14 emea gen1?

what is 256mb swap?

so u did 2 partition of 8gb card, 1gb and 7gb(or leftover)?

On liquid E you don't need swap. 256 mb of ext2 is a good value. You must partition your sd from malez recovery. Everything on sd is deleted.

Yes, sdcard partition config. For liquid E is, swap 0 Mb (so, no swap on Liquid E) ... ext2 (More app you have more Mb you need, with 100 apps I have 1024 Mb and 700Mb is free on 1024 Mb ext2 partition) ... so for me minimum, you need his 512 Mb on an 2Gb sdcard.

Sdcard partition config. For Liquid A1, is... swap 256 Mb, Ext2 like for Liquid E;) .

4.002.14 is the bin froyo from acer you need, on liquid E you download from acer server, for Liquid A1 you need McBoy design version for Liquid A1 and flash with ADT. If you have american version, or asian version, on liquid E you need to extract bin file from Acer Installer and flash with ADT.

Guest Stangoesagain

Don't we have "All things about Liquid thread" in this forum that has links to all official Acer ROMs? Locating Acer's own servers was a pain in the ass for me on more than one occasion.

Guest _Shani_

Yes, sdcard partition config. For liquid E is, swap 0 Mb (so, no swap on Liquid E) ... ext2 (More app you have more Mb you need, with 100 apps I have 1024 Mb and 700Mb is free on 1024 Mb ext2 partition) ... so for me minimum, you need his 512 Mb on an 2Gb sdcard.

Sdcard partition config. For Liquid A1, is... swap 256 Mb, Ext2 like for Liquid E;) .

4.002.14 is the bin froyo from acer you need, on liquid E you download from acer server, for Liquid A1 you need McBoy design version for Liquid A1 and flash with ADT. If you have american version, or asian version, on liquid E you need to extract bin file from Acer Installer and flash with ADT.

Thanks

I have 16gb card, so I can provide at least 1 gb for apps.

As for bin, I have build number: 4.004.04_PA_FIDO which is froyo os from acer canada's website.

I didn't apply last update (removes 311 support) from the site as it was giving trouble to some people.

So applying 4.002.14 wouldn't give problem, as it looks like older version and it is from different region?

Also how can you wipe all things manually?

Edited by _Shani_

Guest Stangoesagain

There's "wipe" menu in Malez recovery. People recommend manually wiping each item instead of "wipe all" option. That wipes data from the phone memory, not SD card.

Don't forget to copy all you data off the SD card before setting any ext partition through Malez which will reformat your entire card and you will lose everything that was on it, With 16GB card that could be the mother of all wipes ;)

Also be very very careful with flashing Acer's bins, you can brick the phone in the process, and by brick it means brick - unrecoverable. Make sure everything is in order and there will be no disruptions from power failures or lousy USB cables. If something goes wrong do not pull out phone batteries or anything like that, you have to complete the ongoing process, it can't be restarted from scratch. The only advice I've seen is to reconnect the cable again, the running bin is supposed to be able to resume.

Once you are past that everything will become safe again.

Maybe you already know all that but just in case...

Guest Stangoesagain

Oh, I am also not sure about 1GB ext partition - you have enough space for that, sure, but the phone might need to work extra hard to access such a huge partition all the time. Personally I feel 512Mb is a bit too much, it already takes a long time to load app info into programs like "Titanium back up" or "Manage applications" itself, it's just not as fast as reading them from internal memory.

There might be different opinions on this, though.

Guest _Shani_

There's "wipe" menu in Malez recovery. People recommend manually wiping each item instead of "wipe all" option. That wipes data from the phone memory, not SD card.

Thanks

So to wipe all things manually, I can use "wipe" from malez recovery?

Edited by _Shani_

Guest Stangoesagain
So to wipe all things manually, I can use "wipe" from malez recovery?

Yes

Where's the next update mate?

I can't speak for Suxsem but I guess the next thing is ICS, and ours won't be the first CM ROM. Maybe a few weeks after that, what's the history of Acer CM based roms? How fast do they usually come out?

Personally I don't expect any Christmas presents here.

Yes

I can't speak for Suxsem but I guess the next thing is ICS, and ours won't be the first CM ROM. Maybe a few weeks after that, what's the history of Acer CM based roms? How fast do they usually come out?

Personally I don't expect any Christmas presents here.

You are not right. CM Stable based on ICS will be released no earlier than 3 month. And I think that our device is not ready for ICS cause of system requirements.

Guest _Shani_

So flashing 4.002.14.EMEA.GEN1_A22F_A over 4.004.04.PA.FIDO will be fine? Will there be any trouble?

Guest _Shani_

So flashing 4.002.14.EMEA.GEN1_A22F_A over 4.004.04.PA.FIDO will be fine? Will there be any trouble?

So I flashed 4.002.14 bin and it worked fine. And then I put this rom on my Liquid E, which didn't give me any trouble as well.

This rom is great.

Thanks

Guest Stangoesagain

You are not right. CM Stable based on ICS will be released no earlier than 3 month. And I think that our device is not ready for ICS cause of system requirements.

Didn't they just ported ICS to G1? It's very slow and nothing works but it's just the beginning.

Or maybe they will never get the drivers to work with ICS native apps, like camera. I don't know.

Guest Stangoesagain

Did you change Language to English US instead of default English HUD before you opened market for the first time? You should do it from the first welcome screen, before you sing in to Google.

Guest fear_factory84

Since I had occasional hangups and freezes on my liquid a1 with LiquidNext 1.9.2 (base bin 4.002.14), I've reverted latest thepasto's commits on the kernel and disabled all automatic cpu voltage scaling systems (that are disabled on stock acer kernel).

I'm testing it since yesterday, if anyone would test it, flash in recovery this on top of LiquidNext 1.9.2:

LN-1.9.2-fearkernel-0.1.zip (2.5 MB) http://www.multiupload.com/VEB9ZGPKYW

if you want to revert to LiquidNext 1.9.2 kernel:

LN-1.9.2-origkernel.zip (2.55 MB) http://www.multiupload.com/ACV0YTOEFE

That's what I've modified on kernel sources:

fearkernel0.1.patch (13.54 KB) http://www.multiupload.com/CWNOI3Z1FO

Please let me know how it works..

If you have no hangups or freezes with normal LN 1.9.2 don't try this ;)