☆☆☆ [ROM] [GB] LiquidNext 1.9.2 (17/10/11) ☆☆☆

Guest Suxsem

Guest siwahem
I'm using Maildrod but my battery drain is good

Gonna test out maildroid and see if i get the same issue, I've only tried enhanced email so far and had the same battery drain.

Guest zebbe77
does anyone have a issue with the screen orientation? i just cant seem to get it to rotate.......

Welcome to Modaco, some launchers don't support rotation. I'm using Go Launcher Ex and I can't rotate but in other apps it works fine(webbrowsing, SMS). If you use ADW Launcher you can rotate I think.

Edited by zebbe77

Guest thepasto
No email account here...

I think it should be some other apps related.. Anyway Did you noticed if you get this problem on clean rom?

does anyone have a issue with the screen orientation? i just cant seem to get it to rotate.......

Enable rotation in settings->cyanogenmod->display

anyone can tell me pls:

how to set the 1.2.2 for LNP setting LED?

because my call LED is not correct. when i have a miss call.

it blink in the top have two led.

one is miss call led, another one is message led. :)

i want to know how to set the LED correctly?

or is it not fix in 1.2.2 ?

and in 1.2.2 is no LIVE WALLPAPER in this rom. B)

To fix leds:

Open LNP

Enable led service

enable fix sms and call led

you can dis/enable softkey notification as you like

To have live walls just open market and download any Live Wall you need :D

Guest warlordcj
Welcome to Modaco, some launchers don't support rotation. I'm using Go Launcher Ex and I can't rotate but in other apps it works fine(webbrowsing, SMS). If you use ADW Launcher you can rotate I think.

Tried the ADW launcher only rotates the homes screen and auto sensor doesnt seem to work

Guest warlordcj

I think it should be some other apps related.. Anyway Did you noticed if you get this problem on clean rom?

the settings in display are on but the screen doesnt seem to sense the way im holding the phone

and how do did you get your LED lights to work??

Just flashed a clean rom... will tell you in few hours if something changes...

well battery life is way better after i updated to 1.2.2, during night it drains 1-8% depending if im using airplane mode or not, everything is working perfectly so far, no issues to report on my side :)

thanks! B)

Guest Chewy11

phone just went into bootloop

multiple reboots and still bootloop...:) even safe mode does not load...

backing up SD

then gonna flash bin ....been months

Edited by Chewy11

Guest OliverG

I'm having some trouble with this rom. Random reboots for starters. And sometimes the phone freeze, and i have to pull the battery. Also, the battery drain goes berzerk from time to time, draining the battery in just a couple of hours. None of the problems seems to be related to a third party app, since it happend right after a clean install too.

Edited by OliverG

Guest Nighthawk McKenzie

Here are my experiences with 1.2.2, which I share in case my situation may help an other.

Upgrading from 1.1.2 failed. Would sit on the 'Community Rom' screen indefinitely. I suspect this was my own doing, as I use an app called Link2SD and the ext3 partition for my apps (don't like the Froyo APPS2SD) I noticed during the update SYMLINKS were being created for Busybox and while I am not a developer, I sense this didn't play nice with my setup.

So I;

1. Re-flashed 4.002.14.EMEA.GEN1_A22F_A_bin

2. Re-installed Malez recovery

3. Re-formatted/partitioned SD card

4. Wipe All, one by one

5. Flashed LiquidNext 1.2.2, reboot

It rebooted itself about three times before the pretty blue android splash screen came up (which caused a short term panic - thought I was in a bootloop). But, it came up, and everything worked out ok.

LiquidE, 512MB Rogers

Edited by Nighthawk McKenzie

Guest thirtytwodave
I'm having some trouble with this rom. Random reboots for starters. And sometimes the phone freeze, and i have to pull the battery. Also, the battery drain goes berzerk from time to time, draining the battery in just a couple of hours. None of the problems seems to be related to a third party app, since it happend right after a clean install too.

I had the same problem i had to wipe and do a full install of 1.2.2

Guest Ego.C

it's perfect for me! B)

Just the sd mass storage function on my phone cannot be used (can be use in 1.2.1, cannot be used after upgraded to 1.2.2 in OTA).... :)

Guest Xtrem krnage

Apart USB mass storage who need the phone to be in recovery to work, all is perfect. Just retested games who lagged with compcache set on 18% and they work like a charm :)

Keep up the good work

Guest mmick

Thank you for this ROM! I am thinking on installing this ROM but there is one thing I need and I would like to ask:

- Can I install metal's camera app? It is so much better than CM's (or other) camera app and I need it badly... :-(

About battery drain/suggestions:

- Snapdragon is set to 250Mhz (more or less) at idle, can it run slower than that? A friend with an ARM11 based Qualcomm smartphone installed a customised Gingerbread ROM that sets his CPU down to 32Mhz on idle (along with another optimised frequencies and power table) and he says that idle battery has improved around 33-50% (his phone used to last 2 full days and now, with the same use, 3 full days)

- optimise (if possible) the power tablet (less voltage at same frequency)

- adapt Metal camera to these ROMs: this phone is far from a camera phone but Metal app really improves everything and made me change the use from MMS only photos to even use my Liquid on vacations...

- improve video fps: what do you think it can be the problem? Drivers? App?

Guest Ximo F. Verde

I decided to go for a full wipe/flash in order to assess my situation. So i got a fresh, clean as possible (with the exception of launcherpro and a couple of power widgets) LiquidNext 1.2.2. I wiped b4 and after flashing 4.002.14.EMEA.GEN1_A22F_A, with 512MB ext2 and 256MB swap partitions done right b4 flashing 1.2.2. I didnt (as noted in the instructions) updated/backedup google apps, just installed freshly google maps from the market. With the phone optimally setup and no OC, i went for a short drive using navigation and to my despare, the phone REBOOTED AGAIN after 15min on the road!! Sad news indeed.. I didnt have any report on data/dontpanic so the only thing a could do was get a logcat which i attach here. If anyone is interested in taking a look at it, it would be great.. From the look of it, my liquid doesnt like LiquidNext so much.. Anyways, any help appreciated

Peace

logfile.txt

Guest mmkim

To fix leds:

Open LNP

Enable led service

enable fix sms and call led

you can dis/enable softkey notification as you like

To have live walls just open market and download any Live Wall you need :)

thank you for your attention.

i tested it. but i know this funtion is not fix. thank you.

Guest gedzju

Very good ROM ! Everything works fine except camcorder need to be upgraded to liquid metal app. I installed OS_Acer_4.002.14.EMEA.GEN1 bin. Then wipe everything one by one. Then flashed to LiquidNext 1.2.2. I charge my battery 100%, go to malez recovery and wipe battery stats. Now my baterry drains in 2-3 days so I think it's quite good result. I listen music, write SMS, have short calls :)

Guest sexbob

One thing that i notice, is that when i receive a phone call, it takes sometimes 15 seconds to appear the rotary display to answer or to decline. and some times the phone application(the default) crashes.

That is a bit annoying.

Other thing is that liquid next app is always requesting superuser permissions. why?

thanks.

Guest kubrick89
One thing that i notice, is that when i receive a phone call, it takes sometimes 15 seconds to appear the rotary display to answer or to decline. and some times the phone application(the default) crashes.

That is a bit annoying.

Other thing is that liquid next app is always requesting superuser permissions. why?

thanks.

Becouse it's used to fix many things like leds and prox sensor...

Oh... after flashing 4.002.14.EMEA.GEN1_A22F_A > Malez > LN 1.2.2 battery drain problems seem to be disappeared... :)

Guest AcerFerrari
Can you explain what's the problem with oc? If you have freezes or reboots when you try to set freqs over 768mhz i think it's your device related issue.. because oc is a kernel part and it's the same for everybody here. If in your device freqs are over 768 are not displyed is another problem.. Tell me more and we could find a solution

Well, b4 I am using LN, I have been using CM7 (kang), T&L, FroyoMetal and sense ports by gnufabio. After my previous post and I flashed LS Stream, AOSP and LN, but still didn't work.

I can oc to 921MHz and my liquid (2) can even OC to 1228MHz (ps: I broke my Acer Liquid, not wanting to be scolded by my parents, I bought another Acer Liquid) b4, but now it's only 768MHz, for both.

Guest zebbe77
So is this like way more stable and faster then those miui releases?

It's long time ago I tried Miui, but I can tell you that this one is fast and stable.

Edited by zebbe77