☆☆☆ [ROM] [GB] LiquidNext 1.9.2 (17/10/11) ☆☆☆

Guest Suxsem

Guest ironjf

hey for those who still has lag issue: i want to remember to you that u dont have to check the option to have the home in memory, and you must disable swap and compcache!!!

and the 1.7 will fly

Disabled swap and it's back to superfast :-) Thanks

Guest jaydyou

Disabled swap and it's back to superfast :-) Thanks

It seems to be better without swap. I have disabled swap in A2SDGUI, but after reboot its enabled again. Any suggestions?

Hell, this one is SO LAGGY! Nothing really helps. And 3D drawer in LauncherPro... Oh my... I can draw it faster on paper with pencils!

And soft reboots... Oh shi...

Guest chiksum

I do get lag, but when i disable V6 script tweaker and phone become smooth.

The new market is slow.

Edited by chiksum

Guest yapa73

hey for those who still has lag issue: i want to remember to you that u dont have to check the option to have the home in memory, and you must disable swap and compcache!!!

and the 1.7 will fly

ok, now disabled swap ;)... testing ;)

Guest mmick

I have been using 1.7 heavily from 2 days ago, my opinion:

- excelent ROM and Wifi is really fixed (at least I had zero issues)

What can (should) be improved:

A) camera is very very very bad (for those who already tried the Metal Camera on Froyo)

- no spot or center-weighted exposure meetering: if you use the Liquid to take a picture of SOMETHING with the sky on the background you´re "dead".

- no anti-shake option: it doesn´t climb the ISO as it should so most indoor pictures are blured

- bad white meetering: most times pictures are dull

- exposure setting (+1 +2 ...+16) does not work: Pictures with sky, the object is dark (even on a cloudy day!)

- video recording: low framerate on the "viewfinder", I haven´t tested the playback yet

B) the default launcher:

- still asks which browser or SMS I should use after a reboot. It does not save the option

- lots of times when I try to add an app/contact at a screen (at the bottom line, above the CALL; APP DRAWER; BROWSER), it "transfers" those icons to the next TWO panels (not even to the next one but two LOL)

C) The Liquid Next app:

- it uses too many RAM IMHO (for my Liquid S100 with just 256Mb RAM...). It could be 2 different apps, the "RAM one" + the UI app that configures it that will *not* stay on RAM

- lots of messages about LN asking permittions to Superuser. (I turned that feature on Superuser so I don´t receive the message)

D) if it is possible, drop the lower Snapdragon frequency to 128Mhz and lower the voltage at that speed. It helps saving battery too.

E) when I move an app from the internal flash to the SD, it first returns an error! After the 2nd time it moves well. This didn´t happen on 1.6.1!

F) IMPORTANT!!! For the third time (3 out of 3), if I get to 0% battery (and the phone shutsdown for itself) and I put it to charge with the phone OFF, afterwards when I turn it ON (independent if I put 10, 30min after putting to charge, or even when it´s full) it stucks on the grey screen and won´t boot! I have to take the battery out + take the cable out + turn on + plug the cable again.

A part of these problems I think the ROM is fantastic, I don´t recall any other issue I had with 1.7! It is working great, it consumes about the same battery than my previous Froyo (can always consume less).

Edited by mmick

Guest Trouveur

It seems to be better without swap. I have disabled swap in A2SDGUI, but after reboot its enabled again. Any suggestions?

Far better with swap disabled. But yes it is enabled again after reboot.

Guest Trouveur

B) the default launcher:

- still asks which browser or SMS I should use after a reboot. It does not save the option

I am pretty sure you put your browser and your SMS app on SD. That's why at each reboot the launcher "forgets" which app to use. Put in back on internal memory or use link2sd and all will be fine. :-)

Guest mmick

I am pretty sure you put your browser and your SMS app on SD. That's why at each reboot the launcher "forgets" which app to use. Put in back on internal memory or use link2sd and all will be fine. :-)

Nop, all important apps (widgets, sms, browser, etc) are on the internal memory.

Guest ikirt

This update is running well, I have only run into one issue, it seems that sometimes when my screen dims after non use and I try to wake it up, my screen starts to flicker light to dark. Temp fix is to lock the screen and everything is back to normal.

Other than that, thank for updating the version of CM you are using :) hidden APs work now :)

Guest Delnar_Ersike

Public notice: don't forget to delete the .andoroid_secure folder from your SD card before flashing the ROM, otherwise: a) every time you try move an app to SD that you had on SD before, you'll get an error the first time and it'll only move to SD on the second try; b) if you have an app on your SD card that you had previously on your SD as well (you went through the whole error-on-first-try-success-on-second-try thing), that app will pretty much take up double the space on your SD card, as both the older, unused .asec and the newer .asec are present on the card.

Anyway, I seem to be encountering a weird error on my A1 after trying to install apps after flashing LN-1.7: most of the time when I try to restore apps from Titanium Backup Pro, install apps from the Market or sideload an app from my SD card, the device will soft reboot. Sometimes, it'll never come out of the boot animation, forcing me to take out the battery to restart the device. As usual, I did an adb logcat while recreating all three situations (installing an app from market, installing an app from Titanium Backup Pro, installing an app from SD). In all three cases, the same error was thrown:

E/PackageManager( 1226): Couldn't create temp file for downloaded package file.

Two things make this even weirder: for one, only certain apps seemed to throw this error (ie. LNP from market, Spare Parts+, AdFree), and though it might be a stretch, I think this has something to do with write permissions, as all the apps that threw the error interfaced with system settings somehow (though MarketEnabler didn't throw the exception during installation, even though it is a SIM code spoofer).

The second weird thing is I remember encountering the same error, only it occurred with all apps, when I tried marrying someone's DarkTremor scripts+A2SDGUI app package with LN-1.6.1. The problem turned out to be the DarkTremor scripts package, yet when I compared the DarkTremor scripts in LN-1.6.1 and LN-1.7, they appeared to be the exact same.

Furthermore, the problem persisted even after I downloaded the "official" DarkTremor scripts .zip and flashed it on top of my "customized" LN-1.7 (nothing special: just a few system apps, like Email, File Manager, and Android Terminal removed, the font changed to Ubuntu font, a ringtone added to the system/media directory, AppWidgetPicker.apk and a CM7 theme called GreenHornet added to the system apps, and couple extra apps added in /data/app, along with the necessary modifications in updater-script to have said apps flash along with everything else; I create my own customized versions of all ROMs I download, and though the package is no longer signed, at least I save on time by pushing everything during the ROM flash instead of afterwards via lots of "adb push"'s).

EDIT: Problem persists in LN-1.7.1. More examples of apps that cause this problem: AutoKiller Memory Manager, ClockSync, CacheCleaner, Startup Manager. I also noticed that most of soft reboots that got stuck in the animation loop occurred when the phone was charging or plugged in to my computer.

Edited by Delnar_Ersike

Guest Suxsem

Public notice: don't forget to delete the .andoroid_secure folder from your SD card before flashing the ROM, otherwise: a) every time you try move an app to SD that you had on SD before, you'll get an error the first time and it'll only move to SD on the second try; B) if you have an app on your SD card that you had previously on your SD as well (you went through the whole error-on-first-try-success-on-second-try thing), that app will pretty much take up double the space on your SD card, as both the older, unused .asec and the newer .asec are present on the card.

thanks, this helped me too XD

Anyway, I seem to be encountering a weird error on my A1 after trying to install apps after flashing LN-1.7: most of the time when I try to restore apps from Titanium Backup Pro, install apps from the Market or sideload an app from my SD card, the device will soft reboot. Sometimes, it'll never come out of the boot animation, forcing me to take out the battery to restart the device. As usual, I did an adb logcat while recreating all three situations (installing an app from market, installing an app from Titanium Backup Pro, installing an app from SD). In all three cases, the same error was thrown:

E/PackageManager( 1226): Couldn't create temp file for downloaded package file.

Two things make this even weirder: for one, only certain apps seemed to throw this error (ie. LNP from market, Spare Parts+, AdFree), and though it might be a stretch, I think this has something to do with write permissions, as all the apps that threw the error interfaced with system settings somehow (though MarketEnabler didn't throw the exception during installation, even though it is a SIM code spoofer).

The second weird thing is I remember encountering the same error, only it occurred with all apps, when I tried marrying someone's DarkTremor scripts+A2SDGUI app package with LN-1.6.1. The problem turned out to be the DarkTremor scripts package, yet when I compared the DarkTremor scripts in LN-1.6.1 and LN-1.7, they appeared to be the exact same.

Furthermore, the problem persisted even after I downloaded the "official" DarkTremor scripts .zip and flashed it on top of my "customized" LN-1.7 (nothing special: just a few system apps, like Email, File Manager, and Android Terminal removed, the font changed to Ubuntu font, a ringtone added to the system/media directory, AppWidgetPicker.apk and a CM7 theme called GreenHornet added to the system apps, and couple extra apps added in /data/app, along with the necessary modifications in updater-script to have said apps flash along with everything else; I create my own customized versions of all ROMs I download, and though the package is no longer signed, at least I save on time by pushing everything during the ROM flash instead of afterwards via lots of "adb push"'s).

EDIT: Problem persists in LN-1.7.1. More examples of apps that cause this problem: AutoKiller Memory Manager, ClockSync, CacheCleaner, Startup Manager. I also noticed that most of soft reboots that got stuck in the animation loop occurred when the phone was charging or plugged in to my computer.

now with the v6 script tweaker you can try to choose a less or more aggressive settings so the phone will not go in out of memory problem and will not reboot :)

Guest yangg

Hi after i install 1.7 my sd card doesn't work anymore. Why did u wipe it ?!!!!

I even try to boot in recovery to format again and it dosen't work so i can't install anything !!!!!!

Edited by yangg

Guest Suxsem

I have been using 1.7 heavily from 2 days ago, my opinion:

- excelent ROM and Wifi is really fixed (at least I had zero issues)

What can (should) be improved:

A) camera is very very very bad (for those who already tried the Metal Camera on Froyo)

- no spot or center-weighted exposure meetering: if you use the Liquid to take a picture of SOMETHING with the sky on the background you´re "dead".

- no anti-shake option: it doesn´t climb the ISO as it should so most indoor pictures are blured

- bad white meetering: most times pictures are dull

- exposure setting (+1 +2 ...+16) does not work: Pictures with sky, the object is dark (even on a cloudy day!)

- video recording: low framerate on the "viewfinder", I haven´t tested the playback yet

B) the default launcher:

- lots of times when I try to add an app/contact at a screen (at the bottom line, above the CALL; APP DRAWER; BROWSER), it "transfers" those icons to the next TWO panels (not even to the next one but two LOL)

C) The Liquid Next app:

- it uses too many RAM IMHO (for my Liquid S100 with just 256Mb RAM...). It could be 2 different apps, the "RAM one" + the UI app that configures it that will *not* stay on RAM

- lots of messages about LN asking permittions to Superuser. (I turned that feature on Superuser so I don´t receive the message)

D) if it is possible, drop the lower Snapdragon frequency to 128Mhz and lower the voltage at that speed. It helps saving battery too.

E) when I move an app from the internal flash to the SD, it first returns an error! After the 2nd time it moves well. This didn´t happen on 1.6.1!

F) IMPORTANT!!! For the third time (3 out of 3), if I get to 0% battery (and the phone shutsdown for itself) and I put it to charge with the phone OFF, afterwards when I turn it ON (independent if I put 10, 30min after putting to charge, or even when it´s full) it stucks on the grey screen and won´t boot! I have to take the battery out + take the cable out + turn on + plug the cable again.

A part of these problems I think the ROM is fantastic, I don´t recall any other issue I had with 1.7! It is working great, it consumes about the same battery than my previous Froyo (can always consume less).

thanks for your feedback :) but

A) IT IS IMPOSSIBLE. tried many times. it is impossible to port acer apps on cyanogenmod rom. we will try with different apps

B) download other launcher like go launcher :)

C) the settings activity run in a different thread of service. the ONLY thing that consume ram is service, but we need it. anyway...we are trying to put proximity fix directly into android framework...so you can choice to not active lnp service (but you will can't usage options like call led fix, softkey led as notification, ecc...)

D) tried. worse results also in terms of battery

E) see previous message

F) this is actually the very (in ONLY MY opinion only :P) bug of the rom but we'll solve it in the next weeks...

Guest Delnar_Ersike

now with the v6 script tweaker you can try to choose a less or more aggressive settings so the phone will not go in out of memory problem and will not reboot :)

Here's my problem with that: to be able to access the v6 script tweaker, LNP needs to be updated. However, whenever I update LNP to gain access to said v6 script tweaker to stop the soft reboots, I get a soft reboot. <_<

EDIT: I think I've zeroed down what apps cause soft reboots: any app that isn't installed to the SD card or that is moved from the SD card to the internal memory causes a soft reboot. Oh, and now in LN-1.7.1, all of these soft reboots are "endless" soft reboots.

Edited by Delnar_Ersike

Guest kenelm

Wh

Where can I launch the tweaker? Thanks!

EDIT: in Liquid Next settings =P

Edited by kenelm

Guest thirtytwodave

Is there any way to up the power on the bluetooth it sounds good. But its about 40cm from between the headset and phone but if i move my leg or arm it cuts out. I had this problem on 1.6 as well

Guest Carljo

I cannot test this ROM, i installed it yesterday, and i got bootloop. Today i see 1.7.1, so i install it, maybe it will fix the problem, but no, bootloop again...

Reinstalled it one time, nothing.

Wiped cache and DalvikCache via Malez, no effect. Bootloop.

What do ?

Guest mmick

I installed 1.7.1 right now :) lets see how it goes :)

Suxsem: thanks for the answer! For the moment it´s the best ROM *ever*! My only sorry is the Metal camera which is really really much better than any other cam app I´ve seen for our phone...

When I installed the Metal Camera on my old Froyo, I tested Default vs Metal and differeces were huge, my girlfriend even asked if they were taken with the same device. Un untrained eye/person even compared:

Default app = 2MP old digicam

Metal app = 5MP digicam rival

Even if it can´t substitute the default app, can it work as a 3rd party camera app? Or wrong APIs? :(

Edited by mmick