☆☆☆ [ROM] [GB] LiquidNext 1.9.2 (17/10/11) ☆☆☆

Guest Suxsem

Guest zorginho

WOOOOOW i'm trying LN 1.7.1

conditions:

no swap & compcache

no lock home in memory in cyanogenmod -> performance

aggressive 1 from v6 script tweaker

the rom is blazing faaast never seen that before!!

TNX SUXSEM & THEPASTO i luv u!

Guest sette7nani

Try to flash 1.7.1 on top of 1.7.2. And you will get only 2% per hour when stand by.

Every thing remain the same, new camera. only the version number downgraded.

I am using this "1.7.1" for 2 days without any problem.

I can CONFIRM that flashing 1.7.1 over 1.7.2 decrease battery drain.

Waiting the end of Suxsem vacations :) i stay here !

thank you danny99 for this hint :)

Guest supernovasx

A friend of mine send me an video take with is telephone. I tried to play it and the image stands still and the sound plays normal, any idea what I can do about this? Thank!

Guest thepasto

@A1 users

Got swap and v6 script running togheter as well. Fast as hell and this time really lagfree. No more hangs or reboots caused by OOM.

Solution will be published this evening if testers feedbacks will agree with what i said above :)

Guest kenelm

@A1 users

Got swap and v6 script running togheter as well. Fast as hell and this time really lagfree. No more hangs or reboots caused by OOM.

Solution will be published this evening if testers feedbacks will agree with what i said above :)

really good news!!! thanks you thepasto and sux!

Guest kelu85

@A1 users

thepasto please you can post the solution in italian language too... in a spoiler?

Guest bellanano

I confirm that 1.7.1 has a good battery drain, like froyo roms and it's very fast and lagfree.

Still present the wake up display bug ( --> bug not present with usb or charger plugged )

Someone know how can i move only one or two apps on the telephone internal memory, with all other apps onsd with app2sd ?

Guest zorginho

maybe i've found a bug, sometimes the mp4, (or other format videos including youtube ones) is very slugghish, (maybe after that ive taken a video with camcorder).

thepasto and suxsem plz check that

Guest Master_T

maybe i've found a bug, sometimes the mp4, (or other format videos including youtube ones) is very slugghish, (maybe after that ive taken a video with camcorder).

thepasto and suxsem plz check that

I think the hardware-accelerated video decoding is broken, which means high bitrate/resolution videos will be sluggish, and video decoding will use a lot of power. It was the same problem with the slow camcorder, I hoped it would be fixed alongside with the camcorder, but apparently not.

Edited by Master_T

Guest dguerre

Hi,

I'm having trouble with my phone. In the last few days it starts overheating and draining the battery really fast (empty in a matter of minutes). I tried to see if maybe there's and app that is running wildly in the background but can't see anything, I also tried wiping the battery stats with no luck. I'm using version 1.5.3.

If anyone has any idea what could it be i'll be very gratefull. I'll try to find sometime this weekend to update to the most recent version.

Guest treyguitar

I think the hardware-accelerated video decoding is broken, which means high bitrate/resolution videos will be sluggish, and video decoding will use a lot of power. It was the same problem with the slow camcorder, I hoped it would be fixed alongside with the camcorder, but apparently not.

It was fixed with stock camera app but is broken again from 1.7.2 with metal camera, try to flash the zip I posted before to get the stock camera and codecs back.

Guest Winston Ma

Hi. I downloaded your file but failed to flash in maltz recovery. Could you tell me the step by step. Thanks.

It was fixed with stock camera app but is broken again from 1.7.2 with metal camera, try to flash the zip I posted before to get the stock camera and codecs back.

Guest scorbut

It's maybe little bit better, but there is still problem with huge battery drain when screen is turn on.

Try to flash 1.7.1 on top of 1.7.2. And you will get only 2% per hour when stand by.

Every thing remain the same, new camera. only the version number downgraded.

I am using this "1.7.1" for 2 days without any problem.

Guest sette7nani

@A1 users

any good news for the A1 users? :)

Guest ManniX.ita

Any news about V6 and swapfile?

I removed the swap partition but the background apps are killed almost immediately, the device is slightly faster yes but not very usable.

Also I have some strange lag that looks tied to the sdcard, I can see it especially when I install/uninstall apps (seems worst with the new market).

On my phone I can reproduce it with "SD Tools" from Market, tell me if you have the same behaviour.

With 1.6 the SD benchmark was silk smooth, now when the bench starts the bar on the right side for writing data does only 10-15 pixels and stops.

i have to wait 30s - 2mins, sometimes more, before the bench continues and in the meantime I have the popup "system not responding" etc

Let me know if you have the same problem.

Guest treyguitar

Can't flash rollback. It gives an error in malez.

Ok so I did this:

downloaded 1.7.2 update

opened the update zip in winrar

replaced all files in system/lib with same files from 1.7

replaced /system/etc/media_profiles.xml with same file from 1.7

replaced /system/app/camera.apk with same file from 1.7

then moved the new update file in sd root

if you're lazy to do this use the updated file I'll link below from now on

adb remount

adb shell

rm -f /system/lib/libOm*

then reboot in recovery and flash the modded update

worked for me

The other zip I linked was a different one cause in 1.7.2 suxsem did a wi-fi update script, i tried to remove that but actually didn't worked... so here's the file I flashed and working. If rom don't start after 5 minutes remove battery and try again.

liquidnext 1.7.2 rollback

Guest mmick

Guys, here there are my view about the present state of these ROMS:

A) Video codec is broken on each 1.7.x:

- MP4 PLAY/REC/YOUTUBE is on software mode (Both default camera / metal camera)

- newest Skype video doesn´t work (everything black), both mine (Liquid´s camera) and PC´s webcam. Most 2.2/2.3 phones out there have no problems, at least with incoming video.

B- Battery draining still high / very high:

- with 1.7.1: FLIGHT MODE (1%/hour) and GSM (2%/hour). With 1.7.2 somewhat less battery drain.

- following the advice here, flashed 1.7.1 above 1.7.2 ( 1.7.1 > 1.7.2 > 1.7.1) and now battery is 2x worse!

C) How do I know I have swap? I had Acer default ROM and then I flashed 1.7.x

- I *don´t want* swap as it uses microSD and keeps it on! That way battery drain is very high!

- I have S100 (256Mb RAM), what is the best V6 script option to keep things fluid + good battery?

D) On Froyo the phone took (way) longer to charge but battery seemed to last longer too, any ideas why? I didn´t do anything with battery stats or whatever.

Edited by mmick

Guest aceranto

I flashed it but still have problem with You tube

Ok so I did this:

downloaded 1.7.2 update

opened the update zip in winrar

replaced all files in system/lib with same files from 1.7

replaced /system/etc/media_profiles.xml with same file from 1.7

replaced /system/app/camera.apk with same file from 1.7

then moved the new update file in sd root

if you're lazy to do this use the updated file I'll link below from now on

adb remount

adb shell

rm -f /system/lib/libOm*

then reboot in recovery and flash the modded update

worked for me

The other zip I linked was a different one cause in 1.7.2 suxsem did a wi-fi update script, i tried to remove that but actually didn't worked... so here's the file I flashed and working. If rom don't start after 5 minutes remove battery and try again.

liquidnext 1.7.2 rollback