☆☆☆ [ROM] [GB] LiquidNext 1.9.2 (17/10/11) ☆☆☆

Guest Suxsem

Guest andreas_lang

Hi,

I just flashed the LiquidNext 1.7 and also applied the two updates 1.7.1 and 1.7.2. Before I had LCR-F version 1.7.3 based on Acer_Liquid_4.002.14_EMEA-GEN1.

While in general the OS works great and is far better than before there is a big problem. The phone asks me after I enter the normal PIN for an additional network PIN which is usually a sign for a SIM locked phone. My phone has never been SIM locked. I purchased it without limitations to any carrier and used it before with multiple SIM cards in different countries (Germany, Switzerland). Now I am not able to make any calls anymore (except probably emergency call).

Did anyone have similar problems and found a solution? Searching here in the forum on how to remove a real SIM lock worries me a little bit since some of the people didn't manage to remove it at all. Especially if it was activated after flashing a ROM.

I f you need anymore information let me know.

Hi,

I just flashed the LiquidNext 1.7 and also applied the two updates 1.7.1 and 1.7.2. Before I had LCR-F version 1.7.3 based on Acer_Liquid_4.002.14_EMEA-GEN1.

While in general the OS works great and is far better than before there is a big problem. The phone asks me after I enter the normal PIN for an additional network PIN which is usually a sign for a SIM locked phone. My phone has never been SIM locked. I purchased it without limitations to any carrier and used it before with multiple SIM cards in different countries (Germany, Switzerland). Now I am not able to make any calls anymore (except probably emergency call).

Did anyone have similar problems and found a solution? Searching here in the forum on how to remove a real SIM lock worries me a little bit since some of the people didn't manage to remove it at all. Especially if it was activated after flashing a ROM.

Hello,

I have the same trouble sometimes (it depend of the release ...) and i don't know why. :mellow:

But you just cancel for the second PIN for additional network, and it's working fine. :rolleyes:

jm78

Guest andreas_lang

Hi jm78,

just did a test again:

- German SIM card (in Switzerland): Does as you say.

- Swiss SIM card (in Switzerland): I press dismiss for the second network PIN but still no mobile connection.

I can go to France with my Swiss card to see if it is also connected to roaming somehow but I doubt it.

Seems like a weird bug. I'll try to do a clean reinstall this evening. If that also does not work I'll file a complete bug report in the bugtracker.

Guest ManniX.ita

Hi,

This is known bug, it's just a low priority one.

The phone always do a "soft reboot" after each boot (with this rom only), with or without the SIM unlock request you can see an abnormal launcher restart after the first pin unlock request.

I think it's not related to your problem, I have it and I can call without any problem at all.

Probably something is messed up with networks list of Switzerland.

Guest Liquidator

OK, I posted this issue in another topic already but I believe it is LiquidNext related so I post it here as wel.. since july 30th all pictures I take with my phones camera look weird, the colors are solarized. This happens with well-lit surfaces, dark objects look normal.

To fix it, I tried flashing everything anew: Acer's 4.008.08 ROM to start with. With just this ROM flashed, I tried the camera. The problem was still there.

Then I flashed LN 1.7, and updated to 1.7.2. The problem was still there.

I installed the old camera app with Thepasto's script, but it didnt help.

So it might be some weird hardware problem. But I don't really believe that, because it just seems that de diaphragm is always opened to much so too much light somes in, which creates the funny colors. Also, the problem becomes less whem I turn "Lens Shadow" off, whatever that may be.

Sometimes when I startup the camera everything looks fine but then the colors go funky again.

So, is there anyone who has a clue how to solve this problem? Is there some system file that governs diaphragm values? or is there a camera driver that might cause the problem?

I would really love to be able to use my camera again, cause its usually the only camera I have with me!

Thanks!

Guest thepasto

To fix it, I tried flashing everything anew: Acer's 4.008.08 ROM to start with. With just this ROM flashed, I tried the camera. The problem was still there.

If you have that problem also with stock rom, i think it's hardware related. With .08 just flashed you shouldn't have problems.. At least can't be ln problem :D

Guest Liquidator

Hm that sounds logical. Do you have any idea what I could try to repair it? From what I can see, it seems that everything is working, just not in the correct way..

If you have that problem also with stock rom, i think it's hardware related. With .08 just flashed you shouldn't have problems.. At least can't be ln problem :D

Guest thepasto

Hm that sounds logical. Do you have any idea what I could try to repair it? From what I can see, it seems that everything is working, just not in the correct way..

i think hardware problem can be solved only by acer... At least i don't have any clues about an homemade repairs :D

Guys, I just got a virus through adf.ly. You can see a report here -

I know that you want to make some money for your hard work, but this service is potentially dangerous.

Guest yapa73

Guys, I just got a virus through adf.ly. You can see a report here - http://www.virustota...1457-1312989520

I know that you want to make some money for your hard work, but this service is potentially dangerous.

using the servis we musn't clic on adsense, but only to the skip.ad ... aniwhere if you use directly with lnp, jon problem... files.exe not disturb android...,or linux... be carfull only with winzooz, click only on skip.ad when it's apear.

Guest rocky58

Hi all,

I have the 1.7.2 rom version on my Liquid A1 and I have this problem:

- now very frequently after I insert the PIN code starts the home and the phone freeze, I must remove battery or wait until the phone reboots itself.

Before this was occasionally, but now is so frequent that the phone is almost unusable.

With previous LiquidNext version this never happend....

Help me please

Guest Dima KN

Have strange problem with adobe reader.When I enable auto brightness in CM settings and then start reader screen begin to flicker(brightness raises and falls).

Guest MihailJdanov

thepasto, How to edit settings.apk to remove unnecessary menu items such as "flashing trackball" and others? I tried using apktool, but nothing happens, only some characters in place of modified menu items (@235644567 - something like that). Thanks in advance

Sorry for my English, i'm from Russia.

Guest endamaco

9 hours and a half.. battery from 100% went to 31%..

Display with only 17 minutes (as said in the statistics of android) has the 43% of usage of battery.. something is wrong in the display!!

Brightness is set to manual

Guest thepasto

thepasto, How to edit settings.apk to remove unnecessary menu items such as "flashing trackball" and others? I tried using apktool, but nothing happens, only some characters in place of modified menu items (@235644567 - something like that). Thanks in advance

Sorry for my English, i'm from Russia.

We have sources so seems there's still something about n1 in our overlay. If you want to check that you can find it in our device tree in overlay folder.

Guest endamaco

9 hours and a half.. battery from 100% went to 31%..

Display with only 17 minutes (as said in the statistics of android) has the 43% of usage of battery.. something is wrong in the display!!

Brightness is set to manual

Even if today I've not used very much the phone and it has been almost all the time with the screen off: just a couple of sms and a couple of minutes calling (very boring day) the screen has taked the most percentage of use of the battery

Guest Denny99

Even if today I've not used very much the phone and it has been almost all the time with the screen off: just a couple of sms and a couple of minutes calling (very boring day) the screen has taked the most percentage of use of the battery

My phone uses more battery after no restart/turn off about 3 days.

Day 1 - 1.5% / hr

Day 2 - 3% / hr

Day 3 - 5 % / hr

I have did a "Hot reboot" in Day 3 and about 200 MB Ram are free.

No new apps installed these days. No additional apps openned these days.

The battery drain get worse. I am using 1.7.1 on my Liquid E now.

Guest flasherPSM

1.7.2 seems very lag.... always get no response... 1.6.x seems the best

I also have scrolling lag or sometimes no response when trying to scroll

Have strange problem with adobe reader.When I enable auto brightness in CM settings and then start reader screen begin to flicker(brightness raises and falls).

Had the same problem with auto brightness, but in general, not app specific

Edited by flasherPSM