Acer Iconia Smart - need help rooting

Hi guys,

I have my hands on a Acer Iconia Smart (S300) running Android 2.3.3 (ROM Acer_S300_1.000.03, baseband A5-01.02.00, kernel 2.6.35.7-perf)). I'm unable to root it as usual metods failed (Z4, universal androot, superoneclick, gingerbreak). If anyone can help me I'll share the dump...

I already have a dump of the system (via adb pull) : http://www.multiupload.com/U1SW10AMVX

Thanks for your help !

Regards,

Edited by Guest

• 5 weeks later...
Guest TigerTael
I had some help from a dev and yes he managed to build a superboot to root the system. It is "experimental" but it worked fine :blink:

Okay cool.

Edited by TigerTael

OK thanks for the help offre !

It's nice to see somebody else using this baby :blink:

What bin are you running ? Mine is 1.000.08_01.04.00_EMEA_GEN1 and there is 1.000.09_01.04.00_AAP_GEN2 that has been released by LIQUID_USER in the liquid forum a few days ago.

Guest TigerTael
OK thanks for the help offre !

It's nice to see somebody else using this baby :blink:

What bin are you running ? Mine is 1.000.08_01.04.00_EMEA_GEN1 and there is 1.000.09_01.04.00_AAP_GEN2 that has been released by LIQUID_USER in the liquid forum a few days ago.

If you wish to enable some applications to use fullscreen, you need to decompile and edit AndroidManifest.xml and add this to it (By the permissions section):

<uses-feature android:name="com.acer.android.XLONG_SCREEN" android:required="false" />

hmmm there is an easier way : dial *#*#4225#*#* and you'll get a hidden option to disable compatibility mode. It is also possible to acces it thanks to Launcher pro by Adding a shortcut, Activities, settings, Compatibility settings. That way you can have a shortcut on the desktop to access the option.

Guest TigerTael
hmmm there is an easier way : dial *#*#4225#*#* and you'll get a hidden option to disable compatibility mode. It is also possible to acces it thanks to Launcher pro by Adding a shortcut, Activities, settings, Compatibility settings. That way you can have a shortcut on the desktop to access the option.

I think this option must be removed because using that combo results in nothing.

Edit: Aaah, but using Launcher Pro, I was able to turn it off! Thanks man, I didn't even know this existed.

Edited by TigerTael

• 4 weeks later...
Guest FloatingFatMan

I had some help from a dev and yes he managed to build a superboot to root the system. It is "experimental" but it worked fine :)

Is there any chance this rooting method can be released?

• 1 month later...