Giffgaff chech balance USSD code (*100#) force closes phone app

Guest AnonymousPengiun

Guest AnonymousPengiun

I definitely did not have this problem on the stock ROM. Calling *100#, which is the check balance code on giffgaff, always force closes the phone app.

Is this a reproducible issue?

Calling works fine. I am running the Fr17 vanilla edition, with the latest baseband 0405 (?, its the one from the Korean V10s). CWM recovery 3.2.0.0

Guest AnonymousPengiun
0405 isn't the korean baseband... but if you're having problems maybe you should be using the 0405 baseband?

I thought 0502 was the recommended one. Anyway, I would really appreciate if someone with either the 0502 or 0405 would try dialling any USSD code and reporting back the results. Changing basebands unnecessarily is pretty hard, and smartflash keeps giving me timeout errors, so I would rather not use it too much.

Guest jambezuk

Pretty sure 0405 is more widely regarded as the stable one. That said, I think a few people have said they've encountered no problems with the 0502.

I'm actually on cyanogenmod atm so can't help you reproduce. (works fine on cm with 0405).

Guest abwyatt
I thought 0502 was the recommended one. Anyway, I would really appreciate if someone with either the 0502 or 0405 would try dialling any USSD code and reporting back the results. Changing basebands unnecessarily is pretty hard, and smartflash keeps giving me timeout errors, so I would rather not use it too much.

I did report this in the baseband thread. The korean baseband 0502 does cause a FC in the dialer when using USSD codes. In my case I am using Fr18 b2.

Threre is no problem with using USSD in the 0405 baseband. Reverting to 0405 will fix the problem.

Guest AnonymousPengiun
I did report this in the baseband thread. The korean baseband 0502 does cause a FC in the dialer when using USSD codes. In my case I am using Fr18 b2.

Threre is no problem with using USSD in the 0405 baseband. Reverting to 0405 will fix the problem.

Thank you - that's some pretty amazing support there.

Guest AnonymousPengiun

I can confirm that USSD codes work on 0405. The phone crashed the first time during charging though, so if it continues happening I might go back to 0502 and report if it helps. I think that's probably something many people would like to know.

Guest AnonymousPengiun
Works on 0606 (though I'm not using the stock dialer, I'm using Touchpal Dialer).

Yep 606 fixed the issue, works with the stock google dialer very well.