Hardware Fault Back Button fault - easy replacement

Guest Cardblower

Guest Cardblower

Hi All,

just thought I would share my experience with changing the button circuit board in the Desire.

My "back" button was needing a harder and harder press, so it was time to seek a replacement.

I managed to find a UK supplier on Ebay luckily (its referred to as HTC DESIRE G7 OPTICAL TRACKBALL & KEYPAD MEMBRANE FLEX).

There's a video on YouTube -

that will show you exactly how to dismantle the Desire.

Removing the old part and replacing with the new was extremely easy, so I would encourage anyone who's Desire is out of warranty to give it a go should they come across a similar problem.

regards to all

Andy

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bigthunderkid
Hi All,

just thought I would share my experience with changing the button circuit board in the Desire.

My "back" button was needing a harder and harder press, so it was time to seek a replacement.

I managed to find a UK supplier on Ebay luckily (its referred to as HTC DESIRE G7 OPTICAL TRACKBALL & KEYPAD MEMBRANE FLEX).

There's a video on YouTube -

that will show you exactly how to dismantle the Desire.

Removing the old part and replacing with the new was extremely easy, so I would encourage anyone who's Desire is out of warranty to give it a go should they come across a similar problem.

regards to all

Andy

hey Andy,

As an alternative to the physical "back" button, or any of the other physical buttons, you might want to try an app called Button Saviour - it's on Market for free but your device needs to be rooted to use it. Personally it didn't suit my usage of the phone only because of the way I have setup my homescreens however you may find it useful.

cheers

Pete