Custom ROMs Vs Stock ROM

Guest agreenjesus

Guest agreenjesus

I'm curious as to whether the custom ROMs are actually better than the stock ROM.

I'm quite impressed with the stock ROM, it doesn't have any serious problems unlike the San Francisco which was impossible to live with. I'd be interested to know what features in the customs ROMs make them worth installing. Forums tend to throw up the negative side of custom ROMs, it'd be good to hear the positive side.

ATM I'm waiting for LG to release 2.3...

Guest Stikkontakt

functions varies from rom to rom, but common to both cyanogenmod and modaco based roms is stability and performance compared to the stock rom. Stock rom has lots of bugs and stability issues.

Guest Merlins

My wife has a LG Optimus on stock rom and I have had MoDaCo ROM and now have Cyanogen. MoDaCo is the fastest but I still prefer Cyanogen for testing even if the nightlies have some "features"... LG Stock is the by far slowest ROM and also least open ROM.

I will upgrade my wife's ROM to MoDaCo soon. I would not wait for a 2.3 version of stock rom.

Guest Qwertymon
I'm curious as to whether the custom ROMs are actually better than the stock ROM.

I'm quite impressed with the stock ROM, it doesn't have any serious problems unlike the San Francisco which was impossible to live with. I'd be interested to know what features in the customs ROMs make them worth installing. Forums tend to throw up the negative side of custom ROMs, it'd be good to hear the positive side.

ATM I'm waiting for LG to release 2.3...

Puals modaco rom is by far the fastest/stablest over all, cyabogen its just a matter of time, and LGs software is kinda poop compared to both really, the work alone paul is doing on this device deserves my membership

Guest hendoschouten

I guess I like customs ROMs 'cause I like messing about with my phones and trying to get the most out of them.

I like both Paul's ROMs and Cyanogen's however if you use Cyanogen's I am not too sure if you can use the FM Radio or the HDMI out???

Definitely looking forward to MoDaCo's take on LG's 2.3 when it *eventually* hits the Intertubes.

Guest mintvilla
I guess I like customs ROMs 'cause I like messing about with my phones and trying to get the most out of them.

I like both Paul's ROMs and Cyanogen's however if you use Cyanogen's I am not too sure if you can use the FM Radio or the HDMI out???

Definitely looking forward to MoDaCo's take on LG's 2.3 when it *eventually* hits the Intertubes.

You can use the hdmi out on cm7 but you cant use the FM radio, that will only come when LG release gingerbread for the o2x.