why can't i backup my Stock-Rom in CWM ??

Guest samir23

Guest samir23

hi there,

when i want to restore my vf stock-rom with cwm (i have made a backup with cwm when i bought it)

and now in want to restore this backup. The restore works ... but when i reboot my phone ... it is booting and after a view seconds it will restart and boot again ... and so on ... it doesn't start .....

any ideas how to get it work ???

Guest Richard P.
hi there,

when i want to restore my vf stock-rom with cwm (i have made a backup with cwm when i bought it)

and now in want to restore this backup. The restore works ... but when i reboot my phone ... it is booting and after a view seconds it will restart and boot again ... and so on ... it doesn't start .....

any ideas how to get it work ???

You'll first have to convert your filesystem back to EXT3. Easily done by installing the zip file in the following thread through CWM:

http://android.modaco.com/content/lg-optim...r-back-to-ext3/

Once that's done, a restore should work just fine...

Richard P.

Guest Stikkontakt

Also, some versions of CWM doesn't restore boot.img properly. If you flash a stock rom first, then restore your backup you should be fine if that's the case.

Guest samir23
Also, some versions of CWM doesn't restore boot.img properly. If you flash a stock rom first, then restore your backup you should be fine if that's the case.

thanks ... i will try it ... :-)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Almahadeus

I had done my first nandroid backup yesterday. Tried experimental ROM and then tried to revert back using my backup to no avail. I first thought that I might have killed the little bu**er but then used the backtoext3 and it allowed my to re-install the original ROM. All my attempts to restore the nandroid backup, however, have failed even after installing the original ROM (the same that was backed up by CWM) or using nvFlash stock. I still can't find an explanation apart from a corrupt nandroid backup which does not give me a lot of confidence in the system that CWM uses.