How to integration apps to a rom which will be flashed

Guest kapasiki

Guest kapasiki

Hello ,guys how are you

here i want to learn from experience rom makers ,that i want put some small and useful applications and tools to move into the ROM ,i move tp System/app .or Date/app ,.but when i rebuild the new rom ,and signed it and then flash it into my device , there was no my putting application worked after i flash it and reboot into system ,only the system app worked !

I do not know why , can anyone tell me how to integration apps and tools into the rom will be flashed , your reply will be highly appreciate !

thanks for anyone ,reply me and teach me !

Guest Swimmerboy

No need to post in multiple places - as I said in response to your question in the main forum:

Opening the .zip file of the ROM you want to customise, navigating to /system/app and pasting the .apk file in there will do it. I've been using this method for years to have my own apps installed from first boot.

Guest kapasiki
No need to post in multiple places - as I said in response to your question in the main forum:

hi swimmby

i just try your methed that open the zip rom file ,and paste the app files that i want flash in the device , but when i paste the apps to the folder of system/app . after flash ,no my putting apps worked ,i can not see where are they ?

what is the problem ?

Guest Psyloid
Does that allow the app to be updated in the market? I thought there was some linking to be done?

If i do it, my apps get updated automatically

Guest sm4tik

I don't know which rom you're using, but I just had a problem with my customized CM7 where the market wasn't diplaying my installed apps in "my apps" and not all apps were found when searching. After a quick search for a solution I did a full wipe and flashed the rom again and now it's the way it should be again. Just thought I'd say this here if you ever have similar problems.

Guest Len Ash
yer just add the apk to the /system/app folder. if you want updates just link it with titanium or similar.

True for SOME apps. However, assuming you want to have working versions of a number of your own fave apps, there may well be associated lib, framework or permissions files that are needed to make the app work.

For instance, Screenshot needs a lib file, Handcent needs 2 lib files, Maps needs 1 lib file, 2 permissions files and 2 framework files to work.

So they need copying over too.

Furthermore, some apps will not work from 2.1, 2.2, 2.3 when "mixed" due to specific Dev changes made. Most will, but not all. Additionally, some apps are dependant on "Provider" or helper apps to allow correct display, HMI or simply expected behaviour.

Guest unrandomsam
I don't know which rom you're using, but I just had a problem with my customized CM7 where the market wasn't diplaying my installed apps in "my apps" and not all apps were found when searching. After a quick search for a solution I did a full wipe and flashed the rom again and now it's the way it should be again. Just thought I'd say this here if you ever have similar problems.

That happened to me now I have 2 entries for the same phone in the market.