Absoulte noob.

Guest jimmymcandroid

Guest jimmymcandroid

Have just got a san francisco orange and am having lots of difficulty in setting it up. It was bought from someone on ebay and seems in fine working order. Was on orange and have since managed to unlock it to o2. However I cant seem to do anything else. I want to strip the orange junk and put something else on but each step I try I hit another road block. Cant download pigfish because my account apparently doesnt have an android device attached to it. Searched and tried to get that done but without success. so set up a new account still no success. thought it would make sense to download pigfish elsewhere but then couldnt get the bar scanner to download.

Basically I have no idea what Im doing and would like someone, anyones help. so if I ask a question, they tell me what to do, I do it. Simple. I hope.

First up, how do I add an android device to a google/android market account.

Cheers.

Guest flshg

You can download mr pigfish from this thread. Either download using your phone, or from your computer and transfer it to your phone via usb or bluetooth.

I believe that once you log in successfully to a google account via your phone, it adds that device to the account. Therefore you need to go into the phone 'settings', 'accounts and sync' and set up a google account.

edit: to download mr pigfish, scroll a little bit further down the page to the pigfish.rar file. Ask if you dont know how to extract a .rar file

Edited by flshg

Guest jimmymcandroid
You can download mr pigfish from this thread. Either download using your phone, or from your computer and transfer it to your phone via usb or bluetooth.

I believe that once you log in successfully to a google account via your phone, it adds that device to the account. Therefore you need to go into the phone 'settings', 'accounts and sync' and set up a google account.

edit: to download mr pigfish, scroll a little bit further down the page to the pigfish.rar file. Ask if you dont know how to extract a .rar file

Thanks. Finally got pigfish installed by usb cable. I am on a mark one deivce. Whats next?

Guest flshg

OK so you are on a gen1 device. Rather than me duplicating whats already been written, I would suggest you follow this guide which has all the links to the software you need: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...zte-blade-gen1/.

Start at installing clockworkmod recovery: 1. How to Install Clockwork using Recovery Manager

When you get to choosing a rom, I recommend you start with "swedish spring rls5", you can always change and experiment with others.

Guest jimmymcandroid
OK so you are on a gen1 device. Rather than me duplicating whats already been written, I would suggest you follow this guide which has all the links to the software you need: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...zte-blade-gen1/.

Start at installing clockworkmod recovery: 1. How to Install Clockwork using Recovery Manager

When you get to choosing a rom, I recommend you start with "swedish spring rls5", you can always change and experiment with others.

All done. Been going download crazy since as well.

Couple of teething problems that I am trying to iron out. Cant seem to get any iplayer/beeb player etc to work. Also my contacts list seems very poor and is only accessable via the green phone icon first. Very odd.

I am trying to get a contact manager that enables me to save address of the companies then I can look at who is close by via google maps. Is that possible?

Guest flshg

Nice work.

At the moment the san francisco (and all other phones with the same armv6 processor) cannot play flash videos direct from websites. I hear adobe might be working on this though.

You can watch youtube videos using the youtube app, and I think someone mentioned mplayer (or myplayer can't remember exact name) app which sort of allows bbc content to be played.

For your contacts you might need to go into the apps settings to display all your contacts. Also try a different contacts and dialler app (I use gocontacts).

Getting contacts to show in gmaps is certainly possible, but I dont know which apps have that functionality.