Who is Who of ROMs

Guest DooMmMasteR

Guest DooMmMasteR

Hi there,

I am thinking of getting an U8800 as an additional device and were wandering around here seeing that there are already 2 CM ports

CM6 and CM7

but who is working on those ROMs and are they commitable, so that once they get into a good working state could be commited to the main CM project

and are there easy accessible (git ;))

I am happy for anyone deving on here (espc. Kernelhacking)

Guest That-Guy

Never heard of the dev working on the CM7 port but seems to be actively worked on but both Ports are far away from daily use in my opinion.

The stock ROM for this device (B136) and Paul's Superboot make the device very stable and snappy ;)

Hoping a few more devs get their hands on this device though :P

Guest DooMmMasteR

yeah, if anyone could enter the game on CM7 it would make this device a lot more worthy espc. for the 220€ it costs ;)

the available CM7 alpha seems fairly unusable :P

Guest Dr_Ash

currently using the B160 ROM (for kicks and giggles) because I wanted to compare it to the B136. Not much difference as far as I can tell, apart from the overclock kernel. I get better performance from the B160 but I think that's just because of the overclock.

Guest That-Guy
currently using the B160 ROM (for kicks and giggles) because I wanted to compare it to the B136. Not much difference as far as I can tell, apart from the overclock kernel. I get better performance from the B160 but I think that's just because of the overclock.

Thanks for comparing ;)

Looks like I will be staying with B136 because I am not looking to Overclock as knowing my luck it will kill it :P

Guest Simon O

I've been following the rom threads at XDA for both the B160 and CM7 ports. The CM7 is very far from being a finished product and the B160 rom seems to have a few performance issues. One interesting statistic I've seen is that the Quadrant scores that people are getting with overclocked kernels is lower than the quadrant scores obtained using the official B136 worldwide rom and Pauls superboot image. Go figure.

Guest Poulsen8r
I've been following the rom threads at XDA for both the B160 and CM7 ports. The CM7 is very far from being a finished product and the B160 rom seems to have a few performance issues. One interesting statistic I've seen is that the Quadrant scores that people are getting with overclocked kernels is lower than the quadrant scores obtained using the official B136 worldwide rom and Pauls superboot image. Go figure.

But it's really a false hope. Since we all know how 'poor' of a benchmark quadrant is these days, The FS conversion to ext4 alone gives a huge jump in performance (as measured by quadrant) but no actual noticable performance improvement, but I definately notice a 200MHz OC. Also Paul is using quadrant PRO, everyone at XDA is using Quadrant standard. Blah blah blah I could go on. I know I perceive the biggest performance improvement on B160. B160 at stock speeds and B136+Superboot, I can't tell the difference. Enhanced filesystem performance isn't going to let me play games without lag, but OC will. /offtopic