KE7 app patches - Camera, status bar icons, CRT effect

Guest PaulOBrien

Here's a couple of quick patches for the KE7 release.

I strongly recommend installing my 'insecure ADB patch' (created for Xperia Arc / Play but works great on GSII) before use (requires root)

Camera Patch

• This APK allows you to take pictures when you are in a low battery state and also stops the Camera app pausing music playback in Camera mode.
  • To install, remove /system/app/Camera.apk and /system/app/Camera.odex and copy the downloaded APK (inside the zip) to /system/app
  • DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: md97b4cf11e67a53a85043ea99a3ba596c
    • This APK changes the status bar icons to stock Gingerbread. This also means they turn from grey to green when a Google connection is established.
    • To install, 'adb remount' and 'adb stop' then push the downloaded APK (inside the zip) to /system/app and 'adb reboot'.
    • DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: 9f83085f7df5414ca7cc82240c362c77

framework-res (CRT effect) Patch

[*]This APK enables the 'CRT effect' on screen off

[*]To install, 'adb remount' and 'adb stop' then push the downloaded APK (inside the zip) to /system/framework and 'adb reboot'.

[*]DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: 551e2c1567dfaf93ba2cbd44a59c0f95

Enjoy! ;)

P

Guest logey
Here's a couple of quick patches for the KE7 release.

I strongly recommend installing my 'insecure ADB patch' (created for Xperia Arc / Play but works great on GSII) before use (requires root)

Camera Patch

• This APK allows you to take pictures when you are in a low battery state and also stops the Camera app pausing music playback in Camera mode.
  • To install, remove /system/app/Camera.apk and /system/app/Camera.odex and copy the downloaded APK (inside the zip) to /system/app
  • DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: md97b4cf11e67a53a85043ea99a3ba596c
    • This APK changes the status bar icons to stock Gingerbread. This also means they turn from grey to green when a Google connection is established.
    • To install, 'adb remount' and 'adb stop' then push the downloaded APK (inside the zip) to /system/app and 'adb reboot'.
    • DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: 9f83085f7df5414ca7cc82240c362c77

framework-res (CRT effect) Patch

[*]This APK enables the 'CRT effect' on screen off

[*]To install, 'adb remount' and 'adb stop' then push the downloaded APK (inside the zip) to /system/framework and 'adb reboot'.

[*]DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: 551e2c1567dfaf93ba2cbd44a59c0f95

Enjoy! ;)

P

Just installesd Camera Patch Thanks paul Avid follower of your tweets

Mike

Guest clivec

Cheers Paul, saw your tweet about this too. Does the systemUI.apk include the H+ icon btw?

EDIT: Decided not to be a lazy Ba****d, and look in the apk *facepalm* Yes, it does, it had the original systemUI icon for H+ if anyone is interested.

Edited by clivec

Guest clivec

Yup, it is, but I was wondering if it included the H+ Icon, wasn't sure if it was included by default in the Gingerbread systemUI as it doesn't exsist at all on a nexus s. In any case the H+ one in there is the default Samsung one.

Guest Pakatus

I'd love another "Fix" for the damned Full charge battery notification.

Sucks when you wake up at 04:00 with it -.-

Paul....help...

I'd love another "Fix" for the damned Full charge battery notification.

Sucks when you wake up at 04:00 with it -.-

Paul....help...

Working on it!

P

Guest maedox

Thank you Paul! ;)

Could you see if you can fix the black text for ongoing notifications too? Not sure it it's the apps or what it is, but most apps show black text when e.g. downloading something. It should be all white text on the notification list.

Guest maedox
That is an app issue I believe...

P

I just recall doing some simple theming in CM on N1, that same issue was usually caused by setting the wrong color in some XML file. Market seems to show the correct color, so I think you are right.

It's a shame that so many apps have this problem. ;)

Guest lnoormohamed

i need some help i know i am doing something wrong..

this is what i am doing

adb remount

adb stop

adb push C:/user/username/desktop/framework-res.apk /system/framework

adb reboot

hope you guys can point out my mistake

Edit Nevermind. i saw a youtube video on adb push

Edited by lnoormohamed

Guest superutp

nice...works perfectly thru root explorer...

one thing I noticed is tht the icons change to stock gingerbread only after all the media scanning etc are complete...doesnt really matter though...

Guest Hooolm

Paul,

I was hoping you'd have time (and inclination) to answer a quick Q or two for me. I'm no stranger to customising through decompiling, editing and recompiling framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk - I've been publishing a UI mod for different devices for about a year now. But somehow I've never actually dealt with a stock, odex'ed ROM before, and I'm not sure if the process is different.

For convenience I use the apkmanager tool for Windows (server) to decompile and recompile the apk's (it employs apktool.jar, baksmali.jar and signapk.jar)

Is there anything different about working with framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk for an odex'ed ROM?

Do I need to compile and/or sign the files differently than for a deodexed ROM, for instance?

Regards

Holm

Guest ianst28

ok am i doing something wrong .....

i've installed the insecure adb patch

when i install the status bar patch it goes through but has no effect on the status bar

when i install the crt screen it loads up but when it re-boots it comes up with some kinda security issue and that the usb storage is inaccesable the phone then crashes and re-boots again and again and again

i then have to use odin to re-flash the system and re-root the phone

anyone got any ideas

also when i type adb stop all i get is the help screen in my cmd window

btw i'm a complete noob when it comes to adb i can do all the basics like root and install custom roms on my nexus and i can use odin but adb confuses and scares me lol

Guest Pakatus

There's yet 1 little thing that upset me...GPS response.

As i read, there's a portuguese custom rom that has included European NTP response, and can get a fix in 10 seconds....instead of the usual 10 minutes (only GPS /no data).

Anyone else have the same issue?

Guest prusling

As i read, there's a portuguese custom rom that has included European NTP response, and can get a fix in 10 seconds....instead of the usual 10 minutes (only GPS /no data).

I find that I need to switch off wifi and ensure data is enabled to get a quick fix. I haven't yet rooted my phone so I don't know whether changing the data source would speed a fix up further.

I've come from 3 different Blades where it made no difference whether wifi was enabled or not and I always got a quick fix, but the SGS2 seems to get confused when wifi is enabled - perhaps trying to get the GPS settings data that way rather than from the carrier.

It would be really helpful if Paul or someone else was able to change this behavior - thanks in advance for any help with this!

Guest maedox

What has that got to do with this thread? There is nothing wrong with the GPS. For me it fixes in seconds with or without Wi-fi enabled. It might take a little longer once in a while, but that's because it needs to update the A-GPS data.

Guest stranzer

can i install these patches without rooting......i jus bought my phone 2 days back.....so i heard that if i root my device i will loose my warranty...thats why im thinkin about it....

and in case if i want to root...how many versions of flash are available and what are the basic requirements for the rooting...could any 1 plzz suggest me ass im noob to this android device....