Completely wipe (factory reset etc not working)

Guest paullong

Guest paullong

Hi all,

I've been so frustrated recently, I need some advice. Navigator (my most used program) and some others (mostly games, Google Earth and Maps) cause my streak to reboot after a few minutes or seconds. Sometimes it just hangs but mostly it reboots (three flashes from the lights on the right then blakc and dell screen).

I've tried various roms, various amss combinations etc. but its still happening. I've tried not installing any other apps first but it's still happening. I've tried setting the CPU lower but it still happening. I've tried wiping the various caches but (guess what!) it's still happening.

Now, I'm thinking it may be a hardware problem but I don't know what to do to check. Things seem more stable if I remove the updates for Google Maps. and even more stable if I uninstall SETCPU.

Any thoughts or advice? Are my factory resets not fully wiping everything? What's the best and most complete way of wiping the streak and starting from clean?

All help greatly appreciated.

Paul

Guest fards
Hi all,

I've been so frustrated recently, I need some advice. Navigator (my most used program) and some others (mostly games, Google Earth and Maps) cause my streak to reboot after a few minutes or seconds. Sometimes it just hangs but mostly it reboots (three flashes from the lights on the right then blakc and dell screen).

I've tried various roms, various amss combinations etc. but its still happening. I've tried not installing any other apps first but it's still happening. I've tried setting the CPU lower but it still happening. I've tried wiping the various caches but (guess what!) it's still happening.

Now, I'm thinking it may be a hardware problem but I don't know what to do to check. Things seem more stable if I remove the updates for Google Maps. and even more stable if I uninstall SETCPU.

Any thoughts or advice? Are my factory resets not fully wiping everything? What's the best and most complete way of wiping the streak and starting from clean?

All help greatly appreciated.

Paul

if its happening on a stock rom then it could well be a hardware fault