[DEV][HELP] Let's make this Metal 2.3.3 boot!

Guest Dario93

Guest thepasto

Exactly after two months:

Just get rid of DUN Service by some cleanings :D

Now, serious problem that could stop us:

That's all log that can provide me my smart logcat, then it hangs :D

My version http://www.multiupload.com/GDTIW03PGU

What's your kernel in this boot? We have nparts support https://github.com/t...30ad31f834e1360. so if your kernel is older than this patch update it. If it's already updated try to change vold binary and vold.fstab

Edited by thepasto

Guest Lens_flare

Sorry, can't exactly say what kernel did devs use 2 months ago ;]

Will try with latest kernel and modules/libs and the latest Gingerounay.

My 1'st attempt was to change kernel to LN one, but after flashing it can't view even Acer-android logo, just black screen.

Edited by Lens_flare

Guest Lens_flare

Yeah, it boots far than vold, but not so far :D

E/Zygote  (  146/  146): Error preloading android.media.MediaScanner. 

E/Zygote  (  146/  146): java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError 

E/Zygote  (  146/  146): 	at java.lang.Class.classForName(Native Method) 

E/Zygote  (  146/  146): 	at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:234) 

E/Zygote  (  146/  146): 	at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:181) 

E/Zygote  (  146/  146): 	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.preloadClasses(ZygoteInit.java:308) 

E/Zygote  (  146/  146): 	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:600) 

E/Zygote  (  146/  146): 	at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method) 

E/Zygote  (  146/  146): Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.acer.android.os.Customization 

E/Zygote  (  146/  146): 	at android.media.MediaScanner.<clinit>(MediaScanner.java:138) 

E/Zygote  (  146/  146): 	... 6 more 

E/Zygote  (  146/  146): setreuid() failed. errno: 17 

W/dalvikvm(  146/  146): threadid=1: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x40015560)

Can we forget about it?

Edited by Lens_flare

Guest gnufabio

Sorry, can't exactly say what kernel did devs use 2 months ago ;]

Will try with latest kernel and modules/libs and the latest Gingerounay.

My 1'st attempt was to change kernel to LN one, but after flashing it can't view even Acer-android logo, just black screen.

You have to change the ramdisk and add acer personalization..maybe you missed a framework component in the bootclasspath? Try to compare the two ramdisks..

Edited by gnufabio

Guest zorginho

I'm not an expert and maybe I'm wrong but i can remember that the chocolate kernel needs to be recompiled with the 2g option for using it on Acer stock roms... maybe is the same think with the metal stock roms?

Sent from my Liquid using Tapatalk

Guest gnufabio

I'm not an expert and maybe I'm wrong but i can remember that the chocolate kernel needs to be recompiled with the 2g option for using it on Acer stock roms... maybe is the same think with the metal stock roms?

Sent from my Liquid using Tapatalk

Yeah that's true, will try with my chocolate kernel for acer roms + metal ramdisk

No, if I'm not wrong, vache said that also metal kernel is compressed with 3G option

Edited by gnufabio

Guest Lens_flare

Welcome to CyanogenMetal project by Dario93 :D

Acer UI also have dependencies in framework, dunno if it's possible to do further development

Guest gnufabio

And Mt ramdisk has other init files .paso-> not compatible with ours..

No, i think you're wrong now...if Froyo rom was ported, that's possible. This rom has been ported to an HTC smartphone..it need a very hard work, debugging, testing, hacking the framework but it's possible. The only problem is that it needs lot of time and personally I don't have it to work on this rom.

Guest Alvan Yap

so can't we even port just the Acer UI ?? too bad Liquid Metal is not available in my country :(

agree with you, cyamogen is good in terms of speed n smoothest but the UI control still acer ui done better :) maybe we should just make the cyamogen metal works perfectly :P