[Theme] JGM Software Gingerbread Theme

Guest TheManicGibbon

Guest TheManicGibbon

JGM Software Gingerbread Theme

post-843502-1309465028_thumb.jpg

I was approached by That-Guy who asked me about the possibilities of porting the JGMS Gingerbread theme to the Huawei U8800 from the ZTE Blade. That-Guy has also been my beta tester and provided me with the files necessary for me to complete this project, so thanks to him. Unfortunately a basic port didn't work, so I have in fact created this theme from scratch.

Seeing as I don't have this phone, any modifications will need to be tested by That-Guy or any other volunteers first. You can see from the main ZTE Blade thread for JGMS Gingerbread themes that I have a variety of different options available to download. Now I have a basic theme it shouldn't be too much work to port these as well.

This theme includes a black status bar, Gingerbread notification icons, GB themed notification tray, GB power control widget, GB Settings, and Browser, Contacts and Dialer with Gingerbread launcher icons.

The reason for the references to JGMS - I develop under the name of JGM Software, and have run my website offering small useful utilities for Windows. They're all free, and you might find some of them handy: http://jgmsoftware.co.uk/

Downloads

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

post-843502-1303064589.pngJGM Software Gingerbread Theme for Huawei U8800 Standard Battery Version 2

-Includes Gingerbread theme and Gingerbread settings; including a modified power control widget

6.45MB MD5:4e49fc3365887feae40ac38c8e8bc7a6

Download

post-843502-1308338046_thumb.pngJGM Software Gingerbread Theme for Huawei U8800 Standard Battery with percentages Version 2

-Includes Gingerbread theme and Gingerbread settings; including a modified power control widget and 0,10,20,40,60,80,100% battery images.

6.45MB MD5:ea9c96671688c967fdaa55bd1da5607a

Download

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=74521JGM Software Gingerbread Circle Battery Mod Theme for Huawei U8800 Standard Battery Version 2-Fixed

-Includes Gingerbread theme with a circle battery mod and Gingerbread settings; including a modified power control widget

6.19MB MD5:d757fa89288f9cb5495de97596a4a89b

Download

Revert theme for Huawei U8800

-Will revert everything back to default Android 2.2

5.93MB MD5:7ef369aba3d6aaff619d0e366f88f902

Download

post-843502-1304025263.pngLauncher Icon Pack

-A set of Gingerbread icons that you can set if you use a launcher like Launcher Pro. Don't flash this; unzip it on your computer for icons to apply within Launcher Pro.

66.75KB

Download

post-843502-1304024885.pngGMail 2.3.4.1 with Gingerbread notification icon

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=72068

-The latest version of GMail with the notification bar icon from Gingerbread. Flash with clockwork 2.5.1.8. Note if you update in the market, this will be overwritten. I will endeavour to update this with new GMail releases.

1.56MB

Download

post-843502-1307732145_thumb.jpg

post-843502-1307732166_thumb.jpg

post-843502-1307732202_thumb.jpg

post-843502-1307732319_thumb.jpg

post-843502-1309464749_thumb.png

post-843502-1309464754_thumb.png

post-843502-1309464819_thumb.png

post-843502-0-10071900-1311706373_thumb.

Guest TheManicGibbon

Support the Dev

Why not have a look at a couple of my Gingerbread theme apps on the Market?

Gingerbread Icon Pack

Gingerbread Widget Skin

Changelog

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

30 July 2011 - Fixed circlemod theme to show clock text properly

26 July 2011 - Added circlemod theme

30 June 2011 - Updated to V2, adds a lot more theming and more accurate Gingerbread tweaks.

10 June 2011 - Initial Release.

Previous Versions

post-843502-1303064589.png Standard - Version 1 - MD5:1a52f9c3735691797433b885ca0f4bba

http://www.mediafire...1qbeia0fldo4uj2

post-843502-1308338046.png Standard w/Percentage - Version 1 - MD5: b38aaba6d87675ddfe2d1bdf70c6b168

http://www.mediafire...l5h5atwaolq270p

Guest That-Guy

Excellent Mate was glad to beta test ;)

May be worth mentioning it was created using files from the V100R001C00B136 Firmware!

Looking forward to the updates :P

Guest That-Guy
I want to ask, is there any possiblity to get Samsung Galaxy I's theme for the Ideos X5?

You never know, maybe once this one is completed.

We may have a few more devs with U8800's by then too ;)

Guest Cirno
I want to ask, is there any possiblity to get Samsung Galaxy I's theme for the Ideos X5?

I noticed a bug with the theme, when using pro launcher and trying to open menu with the menu button on the phone the layout is black and gray, the text is black the colors are dark gray and light gray lol wouldn't it be good to have white text on black area?

Guest That-Guy
I noticed a bug with the theme, when using pro launcher and trying to open menu with the menu button on the phone the layout is black and gray, the text is black the colors are dark gray and light gray lol wouldn't it be good to have white text on black area?

Can you supply a screen shot? This will help the developer fix the problem quicker ;)

Guest Cirno
Can you supply a screen shot? This will help the developer fix the problem quicker ;)

Can't take screenshot as dropcap2 is not listening to me, the swap endian won't work.

Guest TheManicGibbon
Can't take screenshot as dropcap2 is not listening to me, the swap endian won't work.

I know about this; it is mentioned in the OP. Working on a fix, I know what to do, just trying to find the time!

Cheers

Guest That-Guy
I know about this; it is mentioned in the OP. Working on a fix, I know what to do, just trying to find the time!

Cheers

Yep we all appreciate your efforts, have been using this a couple of days and thats the only bug I can find.

Great Job ;)

Guest TheManicGibbon
Yep we all appreciate your efforts, have been using this a couple of days and thats the only bug I can find.

Great Job ;)

Cheers! BTW, you may want to update your Ultimate Guide to the Huawei U8800, still lists the Gingerbread theme as being worked on/"The Full Version should be coming soon, watch this space!" :P

Guest That-Guy
Cheers! BTW, you may want to update your Ultimate Guide to the Huawei U8800, still lists the Gingerbread theme as being worked on/"The Full Version should be coming soon, watch this space!" :P

Will do that now thanks for reminding me ;)

Guest maggotot

Am experiencing black fonts on a black background too on some menu/settings which pop up at the bottom. Thanks for this! I just love green on black and this is my fav theme.

Guest That-Guy
Am experiencing black fonts on a black background too on some menu/settings which pop up at the bottom. Thanks for this! I just love green on black and this is my fav theme.

Yeah the dev is working on a fix for this so won't be long until its sorted ;)

Guest TheManicGibbon
Yeah the dev is working on a fix for this so won't be long until its sorted :P

Yep, it's coming, I'm having problems with my dev tools ;) but it's at the top of my list. Also working on general improvements to all Gingerbread themes, so V2 should have some substantial improvements as well as bugfixes!

Cheers for the interest and comments everyone :D

Guest skifyr123

Think I found a bug. When you try to add a number to the contact list, this error shows up (see image)

But im not sure if its the theme or something I did, so anybody can confirm? ;) btw great theme!

post-898956-1308087317_thumb.png

Guest That-Guy
Think I found a bug. When you try to add a number to the contact list, this error shows up (see image)

But im not sure if its the theme or something I did, so anybody can confirm? ;) btw great theme!

Not getting that error here. Works fine.

Guest genti7

i tried this theme and its awsome, the only bug is with the black background and black text in some menus. Is there any progress with fixing this bug?

Guest TheManicGibbon
i tried this theme and its awsome, the only bug is with the black background and black text in some menus. Is there any progress with fixing this bug?

Sigh...it's coming...I just can't get the fix to work! I know exactly what to change, but whenever I rebuild any apk all my changes revert ;) beginning to make me very angry now, I will do my best!

About the contacts bug, it's unlikely to be my fault since this theme doesn't change anything to do with contacts, except some PNGs.

Guest Cirno
It may be worth asking flibblesan to take a look, he now has this phone ;)

That's great !

Flibblesan is a good person, he did wonders when using the ZTE.

Guest Simon O

post-697226-1308179380_thumb.jpg post-697226-1308179385_thumb.jpg post-697226-1308179389_thumb.jpg

Is this OK? ;)

It's late now so I'll polish it up tomorrow and upload a complete gingerbread transformation pack.

TheManicGibbon: I'll let you know exactly what I changed.