Is the Miui rom more likely come about?

Guest ZTE_Blade

Guest ZTE_Blade

Ladies and Gentleman , if you havn't heard the MIUI rom is one of the prettiest and well designed rom out their for andriod: http://en.miui.com/ .

From what I have read about on the forums out their the 2 things that is holding the miui rom back from the ZTE blade is that there wasn't a stable ginger bread rom to base it on BUT now there we have the stable and usable cm7 roms coming out now, so there is a possibility!

but the other issue is that the bits and bobs in the miui rom are mostly comprisd of armv7 not the armv6 as on the ZTE Blade, please do not be deterred by this as I am sure that the very capable devs we have in the community can russel something up with no problem.

Also just to let you know some one else has already started so please show him some love and help him out: http://forums.miui-dev.com/showthread.php?...highlight=blade <== Looks like the guy is on to something!!! ;)

And on a final note do as much as you can to notify the MIUI developers about the wonders of ZTE Blade so that we as a community can benfit from a bueatiful rom. BTW I can't help but noticed that the miui dev site: http://forums.miuiandroid.com/ says "Proudly sponsored MoDaCo Android online community" so we could be on to something there as well if we gather enough support here!!!!

Guest The Soup Thief

That was posted on 13th of February and there was a thunder of replies to it (not a single one)

Maybe worth looking at one of the many other threads on modaco asking this same question - most active one is here

The replies seem a pretty consistent "no"

Guest ZTE_Blade
That was posted on 13th of February and there was a thunder of replies to it (not a single one)

Maybe worth looking at one of the many other threads on modaco asking this same question - most active one is here

The replies seem a pretty consistent "no"

Yeah I have seen that tread but I was disheartened to see it died out especally due to the fact the last couple of post sounded like they came from teenage mutant ninja turtles ;)

TBH I created a new thread to spark some more interest within the community. Obviously getting a CM7 stable is a priority but then after that I think a miui rom should be the next big venture :P

Guest Len Ash
Yeah I have seen that tread but I was disheartened to see it died out especally due to the fact the last couple of post sounded like they came from teenage mutant ninja turtles ;)

TBH I created a new thread to spark some more interest within the community. Obviously getting a CM7 stable is a priority but then after that I think a miui rom should be the next big venture :P

Don't hold your breath. No-one will expend much effort on "old" technology.

Guest Mushroom_Lord

Isn't Miui 8really* just a launcher and a few themed apps? (and themed framework?)

Sorry if I insulted a load of core-miui lovers there ;)

Guest jeddy1
Isn't Miui 8really* just a launcher and a few themed apps? (and themed framework?)

yes i just called the ambulance :P

well i just heard miuimiuiuiuiui is fast but i dont like it as design.looks to much iphoneish and i dont like i phones at all-

i fall in love with android :D

Guest fonix232

Actually MIUI is a set of modifcations, not just themed, but themeable framework, a polished launcher, and some more (like a lot of apps). Oh and also, FPS was raised from 25 to 60 (almost iPhone-like speed on the UI).

Guest t0mm13b

Hang on - MIUI is armv7 only.... good luck to back porting it to armv6!!!!

BTW - If it's for higher FPS on a blade chipset that you're aiming for - cannot see it raising the bar to that level....

Anyway - what's wrong with existing roms, still not satisfied enough - there's a customization/themes section...?!!!

This is not a criticism - its the technical aspects of it all... and there's what 8 people here responding to this thread so the interest is not exactly big....

My 2cents ;)

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest mannas

BTW - If it's for higher FPS on a blade chipset that you're aiming for - cannot see it raising the bar to that level....

Anyway - what's wrong with existing roms, still not satisfied enough - there's a customization/themes section...?!!!

This is not a criticism - its the technical aspects of it all... and there's what 8 people here responding to this thread so the interest is not exactly big....

My 2cents ;)

think there are ported versions of muiu for armv6 the problem is the resolution being lower than our blade's resolution

Guest fonix232

My 2cents ;)

Yes, but for MIUI there are a lot more themes, and a lot more feature... this is just to have some more option :P

And I like the redesigned menus, etc...