Wifi driver fight

Guest wbaw

A few people are still having wifi connection & re-connection problems, none of these will fix the big 'wifi disconnects when sleeping' bug, but they might fix some other smaller bugs for some people using some routers. Every different stock rom has a different driver. So, lets see if they make any difference. I've collected a few different ones & put them in clockworkmod zip files, vote for your favourite. If you have one that I haven't listed & prefer, post it below.

81f04b46ef3331aedc0c70bf9eda9a19 china_blade_wifi.zip

ea65cc89987e36114a560db9a26dfd9f cm7_old_blade_wifi.zip

97ad5349e694eeac47bff4f39ef8bc2d greek_blade_wifi.zip

47ab3c5b4ce463f6edc798898dbf1985 hungary_blade_wifi.zip

fbb5c473fef84a3c9fb142de9a090431 swe_comviq_blade_wifi.zip

0f0972fb1071d7e3fc054e86063929b7 swe_generic_blade_wifi.zip

5452537ca18cfc6f1777d59db02a3108 swe_telia_wifi.zip

china_blade_wifi.zip - Current CM7 driver, from China Unicom rom built 05/05

cm7_old_blade_wifi.zip - Old CM7 driver from old Chinese Froyo beta

greek_blade_wifi.zip - From Greek Wind Froyo

hungary_blade_wifi.zip - From Hungarian T-mobile Froyo

swe_comviq_blade_wifi.zip - From Swedish Comviq Froyo

swe_generic_blade_wifi.zip - From ZTE Sweden Generic Froyo update, built 06/05

swe_telia_wifi.zip - From Swedish TeliaSonera Froyo update, also used in Swedish Spring 5

swe_generic_blade_wifi.zip is the latest one, taken from the new generic swedish gen2 update on the zte sweden website, build date 6th May 2011.

china_blade_wifi.zip

cm7_old_blade_wifi.zip

greek_blade_wifi.zip

swe_comviq_blade_wifi.zip

hungary_blade_wifi.zip

swe_generic_blade_wifi.zip

swe_telia_wifi.zip

Edited by wbaw

Guest t0mm13b

That's a good thread, wish I can give it 5 stars....

The only thing that springs to my mind is this:

Each and every one has different ways of using it.

For those who wants to respond and input their replies please emphasize the following:

• ROM used and Gen1 or Gen2 type
  • Wifi Policy
  • Type of Router (Make/Model)
  • DHCP Lease Time
  • What Wifi application used (such as Blade Wifi fix or Wifi Fix Manager) [iF ANY]

To find out the Wifi policy used, go into Settings > Wireless & Networks > Wi-Fi Settings, hit menu, tap on Advanced, then tap on Wi-Fi sleep policy.

with that criteria it will be easier to nail down and eliminate the culprit wifi driver.

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest jeddy1

my thought is that none of them is working well! it is stupid we use apps for wifi reconnections !! this is a problem or of the phone or ZTE must launch some files(an upgrade of wifi ) !!!

my thought is that none of them is working well! it is stupid we use apps for wifi reconnections !! this is a problem or of the phone or ZTE must launch some files(an upgrade of wifi ) !!!

I suspect that the wifi disconnecting isn't anything to do with the wifi driver, it's something else turning it off when the phone sleeps. I just want to see which one reconnects most reliably for most people. So try them out & let us know which is best, along with the info that t0mm13b asked for.

Guest k0zmic

CM7 N98 Gen 2

Wi-Fi Policy set to Screen Off (But it doesn't seem to work).

Virgin Media 'Super Hub' (Netgear)

Whatever the default is

None. I use Green Power to act as the Wi-Fi sleep policy though and re-connects are 95% of the time.

Also do any Blades have Wi-Fi N?

Edited by k0zmic

Guest jeddy1
I suspect that the wifi disconnecting isn't anything to do with the wifi driver, it's something else turning it off when the phone sleeps. I just want to see which one reconnects most reliably for most people. So try them out & let us know which is best, along with the info that t0mm13b asked for.

well i have tried many roms.flb-rom i think it didnt disconnected wifi when in sleep(when checked to dont disconnect )!all other roms disconect wifi when phone sleeps and it doesn´t connect it again.

well now i am using:

portuguese spring rls3b based on ss rls5

(greece)conn-x router by huawei

no wifi policy checks (not tested)

not using apps and wifi doesnt connect!

if i install blade wifi fix it works fine!

Guest ricardopvz

I am using China Unicom driver (present in PS RLS3b) and wifi disconnects when phone is sleeping but it reconnects in less than 1 sec when i wake up

I also use an app "Wfifi Keep Alive" that makes wifi always connected, but prevents phone from sleeping.

Guest jeddy1
I am using China Unicom driver (present in PS RLS3b) and wifi disconnects when phone is sleeping but it reconnects in less than 1 sec when i wake up

I also use an app "Wfifi Keep Alive" that makes wifi always connected, but prevents phone from sleeping.

watch above! i use the same rom and wifi doesnt get connected when i wake up my phone.if it happens everytime to u then u are lucky!

Guest linrifeng
A few people are still having wifi connection & re-connection problems, none of these will fix the big 'wifi disconnects when sleeping' bug, but they might fix some other smaller bugs for some people using some routers. Every different stock rom has a different driver. So, lets see if they make any difference. I've collected a few different ones & put them in clockworkmod zip files, vote for your favourite. If you have one that I haven't listed & prefer, post it below.

81f04b46ef3331aedc0c70bf9eda9a19 china_blade_wifi.zip

ea65cc89987e36114a560db9a26dfd9f cm7_old_blade_wifi.zip

97ad5349e694eeac47bff4f39ef8bc2d greek_blade_wifi.zip

47ab3c5b4ce463f6edc798898dbf1985 hungary_blade_wifi.zip

fbb5c473fef84a3c9fb142de9a090431 swe_comviq_blade_wifi.zip

0f0972fb1071d7e3fc054e86063929b7 swe_generic_blade_wifi.zip

5452537ca18cfc6f1777d59db02a3108 swe_telia_wifi.zip

china_blade_wifi.zip - Current CM7 driver, from China Unicom rom built 05/05

cm7_old_blade_wifi.zip - Old CM7 driver from old Chinese Froyo beta

greek_blade_wifi.zip - From Greek Wind Froyo

hungary_blade_wifi.zip - From Hungarian T-mobile Froyo

swe_comviq_blade_wifi.zip - From Swedish Comviq Froyo

swe_generic_blade_wifi.zip - From ZTE Sweden Generic Froyo update, built 06/05

swe_telia_wifi.zip - From Swedish TeliaSonera Froyo update, also used in Swedish Spring 5

swe_generic_blade_wifi.zip is the latest one, taken from the new generic swedish gen2 update on the zte sweden website, build date 6th May 2011.

great thread! I use the rom GREEN V5,then get the wifi re-connection problem.I mean it is not the "sleeping en wake up "problem,it just like wifi always connected--disconnected-scanning-connected.....when I am using internet.My wifi-router is Belkin n+ router.Now i flashed all above wifi drivers one by one.but I still get the same problem.So I think the problem is nothing to do with the wifi driver.It is due to the rom.sorry,i mean not only V5,but since N83 en later ,all the rom I got the same problem..but i got no problem with 2.2 en N79,AND with" blade wifi fix1.0",I resolved the "sleep en wake up wifi reconnection"problem.sorry for my bad english again.

Guest KACE_231

CM7 n98

GEN2 (TPT)

Policy set to Never

D-Link (Sky Router)

Default Lease Time (aka dont know)

Advanced WiFi Lock - never allows phone to sleep, keeps it awake (i.e. I can turn on the screen with any button)

Over all I dont really experience reconnects cause WiFi signal never drops when in use, and personally with it on permanently the battery still lasts a good whole day

CM7 n99 /w China Unicom driver

GEN2 (TPT)

Policy set to Never

Vodafone Germany EasyBox A300

Infinite Leasetime

Absolutely no problems whatsoever regarding reconnection.

Edited by bhf

I see a few votes for the new Swedish Generic driver. I've been using it for a few days now & noticed no difference. Has anybody had any of their wifi problems fixed by that driver?

Guest Comby

Swedish Spring RLS5 /w swe_generic_blade_wifi.zip

GEN2 (TPT)

WiFi Sleep Policy set to Never

SMCWBR14-G2 WiFi Router

DHCP Leasetime set to Forever

Absolutely no problems.

Guest Len Ash
I see a few votes for the new Swedish Generic driver. I've been using it for a few days now & noticed no difference. Has anybody had any of their wifi problems fixed by that driver?

Nope - still bobbins

Whatever kallt kaffe did to the JJ and SS ROMs, kernel or something else, worked.

Edited by Len Ash

Nope - still bobbins

Whatever kallt kaffe did to the JJ and SS ROMs, kernel or something else, worked.

Is there any way that I can stop you trolling my topics?

Guest unrandomsam

Any other than CM7 old work reasonably ok here.

("CM7 old" works ok with an ancient router (Netgear WGT634u / madwifi / openwrt (trunk)).

All my wifi stuff is atheros (Newer stuff is ath9k wgt634u is madwifi (or ath5k but that is quite broken)).

Guest Len Ash
Is there any way that I can stop you trolling my topics?

You asked a question that I replied to.

Lose the hideous arrogance. Or don't ask questions that you want a reasonable answer to.

Or PM with your problem or concern.

Or report me.

Edited by Len Ash

You asked a question that I replied to.

Lose the hideous arrogance. Or don't ask questions that you want a reasonable answer to.

Or PM with your problem or concern.

Or report me.

I didn't ask you any questions & you didn't answer any, never mind reasonably, you just posted in my thread to try to insult me & get a reaction. I had to start a new thread after you derailed my last wifi driver thread, I thought you might have got the hint. I come here to try to post helpful things, to learn & to help other users, I don't come here to get insulted & have arguments.

Edited by wbaw

Guest Len Ash
I didn't ask you any questions & you didn't answer any, never mind reasonably, you just posted in my thread to try to insult me & get a reaction.

I give up. Subject closed.

I give up. Subject closed.

What? You're not even a mod here.

I'd still like to hear from other users about which wifi driver is the best. I'm not going to keep posting new topics for you to declare them closed.

Edited by wbaw

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Salsaholic

I have a Blade with CM7 N133 here and it never reconnects to WIFI. Has anyone seen any improvements when playing with these WIFI drivers?

• ROM used: CM7, N133, updated Gen1 (good ole OLED one) to Gen2 with wbaw's TPT & CM7 image
  • Wifi Policy: default
  • Type of Router (Make/Model): AVM Fritz!Box 7130 (1&1 branding)
  • DHCP Lease Time: default (no idea)
  • What Wifi application used (such as Blade Wifi fix or Wifi Fix Manager): None so far.

So... no vote yet, just saying that the default WIFI behaviour is not satisfying...

Guest targetbsp

As a workaround, CM7's wifi connect problems are solved by setting the wifi to never go off whilst the phone sleeps. Then if you do actually want it off (to save battery) use tasker to bring it on and off with the screen or something.

Guest k0zmic

As a workaround, CM7's wifi connect problems are solved by setting the wifi to never go off whilst the phone sleeps. Then if you do actually want it off (to save battery) use tasker to bring it on and off with the screen or something.

Or GreenPower :).