LG Optimus Black Jack 3.5mm Audio Quality

Guest PandaKiller

Guest PandaKiller

Hi everyone

I 'm thinking to buy this smartphone but after read one review at gsmArena I got some doubts...

I was shocked at the alleged missing of bass at the 3.5mm output.

gsmarena_a001.png

LG Optimus Black P970 frequency response

Review @ gsmArena

Anyone can tel-me, based on your experience, if this is true??

Or they made this test with some equalization that make this to append.

Guest spyb0y
Hi everyone

I 'm thinking to buy this smartphone but after read one review at gsmArena I got some doubts...

I was shocked at the alleged missing of bass at the 3.5mm output.

gsmarena_a001.png

LG Optimus Black P970 frequency response

Review @ gsmArena

Anyone can tel-me, based on your experience, if this is true??

Or they made this test with some equalization that make this to append.

the bass is there and it is loud, believe me...it1s a great sound experience and a loud volume ;)

I was a bit nervous about buying the phone after reading about audio quality at Gsmarena but i did anyway. When i first listened to music in the built in player, i was disappointed because the sound was lacking compared to my mp3 player, but then i tried Poweramp and dialed a little custom EQ and increased the bass a bit, and the sound is awesome. I could say it's even better then my mp3 player. It just needs a good setting to sound great. I listen to metal mostly.

And btw, don't use the headphones that came with the phone, buy something better.

Guest spyb0y
And btw, don't use the headphones that came with the phone, buy something better.

mines are just great (headphones), and i`m using default music player...i will try something else also to see if there is any difference.

So good news. ;)

And about the camera quality??

at night??

Well, as you know, cameras in phones are mostly crap, so never expect miracles. I am an amateur photographer so i am used to good image quality from DSLR's with cameras and lenses that cost thousands of dollars so of course i have to say the quality is crap because the phone image sensors are so tiny that they will probably never be good at higher sensitivity (ie. in the dark).

However, i can compare it to my old phone, a Nokia N79 which had a 5mp camera with Carl Zeiss "lens" and it's at least not worse. And my co-worker has a Nokia C7 with 8MP and i can't say his is any better. I have gotten usable images of my 6 month old child indoors without flash and it wasn't too bad.

So if i am honest, it's probably about the same quality as most of the stuff out there. It's equally crappy :P

Guest PandaKiller
Here are some pictures in different scene modes of the camera:

They are like my old HTC Desire. ;)

I'm a little afraid to be disappointed, compared with the HTC.

Guest spyb0y
They are like my old HTC Desire. ;)

I'm a little afraid to be disappointed, compared with the HTC.

mhmmmm yeah...but it`s night though. other pictures in daylight are better, take a look:

post-889549-1307984178_thumb.jpg

post-889549-1307984187_thumb.jpg

post-889549-1307984203_thumb.jpg

Guest PandaKiller
mhmmmm yeah...but it`s night though. other pictures in daylight are better, take a look:

The pictures are cool.

This is also a temporary situation. When leave a better smartphone by paragraphs (a dual core) I buy another.

My HTC was lost in shipping for warranty service.

They returned me all the money, but rather wait a few months and buy another mobile phone with the points.

Guest spyb0y
The pictures are cool.

This is also a temporary situation. When leave a better smartphone by paragraphs (a dual core) I buy another.

My HTC was lost in shipping for warranty service.

They returned me all the money, but rather wait a few months and buy another mobile phone with the points.

yeah it`s the best way.... I`ve been in a hurry last week by getting Lg Optimus Black and now i will try and change it or sell it for a Galaxy S2.

Edited by spyb0y

Guest PandaKiller
yeah it`s the best way.... I`ve been in a hurry last week by getting Lg Optimus Black and now i will try and change it or sell it for a Galaxy S2.

I was to buy the Samsung Galaxy S II, but did not want to pay 500€.

So I buy the LG for 165€ and sell it later.

• 1 year later...
Guest smethrony

LG is competing with top phone producing companies nowadays . It has started to launch smart phones. It has launched Optimus phone based on an Android OS. It is an amazing phone with best quality of the camera. I have checked link given by you. Its sound system is awesome. I feel like I am setting alone in a music room.