Can't go into Recovery/Download Mode

Guest ruthles

Guest ruthles

Hi, I'm trying to root my phone and I can't get into recovery mode. I've tried download mode too just to see if it works and it doesn't.

I know I have to turn the phone off and press and hold VolUP+Home+Power then release when I see the first boot screen that says SAMSUNG GALAXY S GT-I9000

I have tried many methods of trying to get into recovery mode

-holding the 3 buttons the entire time (this just resets the phone and brings back to the I9000 screen)

-just letting go of the power (boots into the phones OS)

-letting the phone reset once by holding all 3 buttons down then releasing only the power (boots into OS)

-letting all 3 buttons go (boots into OS)

The reason I'm trying to get into recovery mode is a pattern lock on the phone which I don't know.

Also phone cannot be detected by computer at all, propably because there is a mass storage option selected in connectivity instead of Samsung Kies, and of course I cannot change it because of pattern lock...

I don't know any firmware version or baseband because of pattern lock.

I watched few youtube movies already, doing same thing as ppl there, but it didnt worked for me.

post-900511-1308085252.jpg

Edited by ruthles

Guest ruthles

After hours of googling now I know the problem causing the 3 button disabled on some phones.

To fix it i have to install the Download/Recovery Mode fix (3 Button Disabled SPL fix)

But to install it i have to select usb debugging in phone settings which I can't do because of pattern lock.

Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Force.

If it is just a matter of you forgetting your pattern, and you have your google account setup on the device you can use the password from that to unlock the phone, that's what I did after entering my pin wrong too many times.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ScientyReal
Hi, I'm trying to root my phone and I can't get into recovery mode. I've tried download mode too just to see if it works and it doesn't.

I know I have to turn the phone off and press and hold VolUP+Home+Power then release when I see the first boot screen that says SAMSUNG GALAXY S GT-I9000

I have tried many methods of trying to get into recovery mode

-holding the 3 buttons the entire time (this just resets the phone and brings back to the I9000 screen)

-just letting go of the power (boots into the phones OS)

-letting the phone reset once by holding all 3 buttons down then releasing only the power (boots into OS)

-letting all 3 buttons go (boots into OS)

The reason I'm trying to get into recovery mode is a pattern lock on the phone which I don't know.

Also phone cannot be detected by computer at all, propably because there is a mass storage option selected in connectivity instead of Samsung Kies, and of course I cannot change it because of pattern lock...

I don't know any firmware version or baseband because of pattern lock.

I watched few youtube movies already, doing same thing as ppl there, but it didnt worked for me.

There is one method,I'll provide the video link.

It involves hacking a USB Cable.

• 2 years later...
Guest calolinswift
Here, after running Android Data Recovery, you can enter the recovery mode.
1 Connect your Android phone and enable USB debugging
2 Analyze your Android phone
After the USB debugging, reconnect your phone if you are asked to disconnect it during the setting.Here you need to bear in mind that your phone's battery is more than 20% charged, and then you can click "Start" to let the program analyze your Android phone.
3 Scan your Android
4 Preview and recover from Android
Edited by calolinswift

• 3 months later...
Guest ninabryan

Here, after running Android Data Recovery, you can enter the recovery mode.
After the USB debugging, reconnect your phone if you are asked to disconnect it during the setting.Here you need to bear in mind that your phone's battery is more than 20% charged, and then you can click "Start" to let the program analyze your Android phone.
3 Scan your Android

Seems like a good answer. :)

Edited by ninabryan

• 1 year later...
Guest MarkLuu
On 11/13/2013 at 5:29 PM, calolinswift said:
Here, after running Android Data Recovery, you can enter the recovery mode.
3 Scan your Android

Nice answer, I use this software and it worked for me. I also find it has other function such as recover deleted sms from Android and other data from your Android phone.

Edited by MarkLuu

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Dreakky
On 2013/11/13 at 5:29 PM, calolinswift said:
Here, after running Mobiledic Android Data Recovery, you can enter the recovery mode.
3 Scan your Android

When you start to enter your Android into recovery mode, don't forgot to back up your Android data to your computer.

Edited by Dreakky

• 3 months later...
Guest Zemgaod

I think you must use wrong way to root your telephone, you should use a professional  rooting tools , in recently ,i have already root Samsung s7 of successfully, up to now ,my phone device and data without any adverse reaction, 

Guest Handrry

Why not? i think you must use the wrong way or tools, whatever phone data lost or deleted ,you'll be able to restore them with the help of an effective recovery tools ,because of i already recover deleted messages from Samsung, as far as i konw , it is capable of recover contacts,music,photo, videos,,,phone data or files from android phone

Edited by Handrry