Help with rooting/managing ROMs

Guest jlow23

Guest jlow23

Hello everyone, I am really new to this and I am sorry if the solution is somewhere in here, I spend my afternoon trying to fix this but I simply couldn't.

I just bought a used Blade, it seems to be rooted and updated to 2.2. My goal is to install CyanogenMod but so far nothing works, the ROM Manager gets the „An error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands“-error (does it mean I'm not rooted?), Universal Androot says I am already rooted but can't unroot or root again (No Fu goo) and Recovery Manager says „Sorry - The application Recovery manager (process com.podtwo.RecoveryManager) has stopped unexpectedly“. I tried to install fastboot with sdk/atk but I can't boot into fastboot (the blade is Gen. 2 maybe it's to new).

I guess the best way would be to wipe the whole thing but I have no idea how to do that.

I would be really thankfull for any tips or links that could help me, thanks a lot and good night ^________^

Guest Pondlife

Try booting it on with menu button and volume down button both depressed until it's booted, if it boots into clockwork mod recovery we are away. Use the volume buttons to change the position and the home key to select and back key to erm go back

Assuming you've nothing you want to keep on the phone and seems likely.

Download the CM7 mod file you want and check the md5 checksum is correct and if so put it on the sd card

Wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache, go into advanced and wipe the dalvik cache, go back to main clockwork menu and install zip from sd card-> choose zip from sd card -> select the one you downloaded.

Let it do it's thing, should then tell you what it's doing with loads of text then reboot, first boot can be rather a while. Really rather a while.

If it doesn't boot into clockwork it'll be slightly more involved and depend on whether it was originally a gen 2 or was changed into gen2

Edited by Pondlife

Guest jlow23

Thanks for the answer Pondlife!

Unfortunatly, holding Volume down while booting only gets me to FTM-mode. I still have no idea how to install clockwork without being able to fastboot and Recovery Manager (and more or less everything else like z4root) not working or having no effect for some reason.

I'm thinking about doing a factory reset but I don't really believe thats going to change anything, is it?

Is there a way to find out if my phone was originally Gen1? Mr. Pigfish says it's Gen2.

I am intrigued to find out what „slightly more involved“ is going to be ^_______^

Thanks a lot in advance.

Guest Pondlife

Not sure about factory reset, don't think it could hurt to try it.

What rom is on there now, that could be helpful, might not be though lol. Settings ->about phone should tell you. If the phone was from the uk though they are all gen1.

Although as tpt won't work on gen2 trying that might get it onto a working rom if it was gen 1 and will just do nothing if it's gen2.

check out this thread http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...r-easy-install/

Edited by Pondlife

Guest sm4tik
Thanks for the answer Pondlife!

Unfortunatly, holding Volume down while booting only gets me to FTM-mode. I still have no idea how to install clockwork without being able to fastboot and Recovery Manager (and more or less everything else like z4root) not working or having no effect for some reason.

I'm thinking about doing a factory reset but I don't really believe thats going to change anything, is it?

Is there a way to find out if my phone was originally Gen1? Mr. Pigfish says it's Gen2.

I am intrigued to find out what „slightly more involved“ is going to be ^_______^

Thanks a lot in advance.

If there's no fastboot and rooting is a problem, it's either a gen1 windows-flashed (not TPT'd) to a gen2 or an original gen2. There's no difference between those two. Anyway, you might have more luck with kallt_kaffe's modified version of z4root, see here

Guest Pondlife
If there's no fastboot and rooting is a problem, it's either a gen1 windows-flashed (not TPT'd) to a gen2 or an original gen2.

Thought there was a way to take an original gen1 back but that it wasn't easy.

----

Anyway if it is gen2 jlow23 you might need to look here http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...ded-gen2-blade/

Edited by Pondlife

Guest jlow23
If there's no fastboot and rooting is a problem, it's either a gen1 windows-flashed (not TPT'd) to a gen2 or an original gen2. There's no difference between those two. Anyway, you might have more luck with kallt_kaffe's modified version of z4root, see here

Wow, thank you so much, kalt_kaffe's z4root did the trick, now I can allow superuser-rights to ROMManager etc. I am so happy right now ^_______^

Also again thanks to pondlife for the time and thoughts.