How to make Google Music Sync work on Streakdroid

Guest trhildebrand96

Guest trhildebrand96

I was lucky and got an invite to Google Music yesterday, so I naturally wanted to get it working on my streak. However, I could not enter my account details. Here are the steps to make it work.

1. Download Music and File Expert from the Market.

2. Open File Expert and press Menu --> More --> Settings --> File Explorer Settings --> Root Explorer. This allows you to move files in /data and /system.

3. Navigate to /data/app and find com.google.music.apk and press Oper --> Cut (the Scissors)

4. Navigate to /system/app and press Menu --> Paste

5. Kill Music and restart it.

6. Now you should be able to enter your account details.

Basically, just copy the app from /data/app to /system/app if you have another file manager or you want to use adb.

EDIT: I am on Streakdroid 1.9.0.

Edited by trhildebrand96

Guest phoenixdude24
I was lucky and got an invite to Google Music yesterday, so I naturally wanted to get it working on my streak. However, I could not enter my account details. Here are the steps to make it work.

1. Download Music and File Expert from the Market.

2. Open File Expert and press Menu --> More --> Settings --> File Explorer Settings --> Root Explorer. This allows you to move files in /data and /system.

3. Navigate to /data/app and find com.google.music.apk and press Oper --> Cut (the Scissors)

4. Navigate to /system/app and press Menu --> Paste

5. Kill Music and restart it.

6. Now you should be able to enter your account details.

Basically, just copy the app from /data/app to /system/app if you have another file manager or you want to use adb.

EDIT: I am on Streakdroid 1.9.0.

or you can just install normally. worked for me no problem.

Guest trhildebrand96
or you can just install normally. worked for me no problem.

Really? Hmmm, I don't know why it wouldn't work on mine. I installed it from the market and Menu --> Settings would not appear. I thought maybe other users, specifically US users who received invites, may have had the same issue.

Guest trhildebrand96
i keep getting a "package file was not signed correctly" error when i try to install the app. any idea on a fix for that?

Sorry, which app?

Guest krrrk
Sorry, which app?

i'm sorry, i should have updated this: i switched from streakdroid 1.9 to SimpleStreak 1.2 yesterday and the problem went away.