MD5 problem

Guest Duncan.e

Guest Duncan.e

Help!

I now have an Orange San Francisco - got it yesterday - my first android phone. ;)

For some reason that I have not yet understood, the phone does not show in the Android Market, so I have downloaded the files necessary to update the ROM on to the computer and copied them onto the SD card and have installed them from there - so far so good.

The problem is that I have downloaded the ROM I'm going to use but cannot get the MD5 codes to match when checked on the phone. I downloaded the file several times and each time got a different, incorrect MD5. In the end, I did a MD5 check on my computer and the ROM file shows as correct, but when I copy it onto the phone's SD card (via USB) and check it using Astro File Manager, it shows a wrong MD5.... :P

Can anyone explain why this should be and suggest a solution please?

Also suggestions for why my phone isn't showing in the market would be appreciated! All I get is an error message 'There are no Android devices associated with this account.' I have tried doing a factory reset and re-entering my google account details (gmail account), but it doesn't want to know....

Very frustrated....

Help will be appreciated!

Duncan

Guest Duncan.e

OK, I went ahead and installed the ROM, even though the MD5 was wrong on the phone..... It worked fine and I also now have access to the Market Place.

I'd still like to know why the MD5 reports incorrectly on the phone if anyone has any ideas....

Duncan