Will there be a custom Modaco rom for the U8800?

Guest Cirno

Guest Cirno

As title states?

Will there ever be any soon?

Also if it were to happen, what firmware would it be based on?

As B136 has lots of improvements and same goes to B160, where they seem to have added lots of optimizations, such as speed ups for the camera while recoding(720p). Calling people, where the voice sounds much clearer than the stock(B133) and B136 had.

Thanks in advance !

Guest That-Guy
As title states?

Will there ever be any soon?

Also if it were to happen, what firmware would it be based on?

As B136 has lots of improvements and same goes to B160, where they seem to have added lots of optimizations, such as speed ups for the camera while recoding(720p). Calling people, where the voice sounds much clearer than the stock(B133) and B136 had.

Thanks in advance !

No think Paul has too much on at the moment but Flibblesan will be making one and his ROMs are usually epic ;)

Guest Cirno
No think Paul has too much on at the moment but Flibblesan will be making one and his ROMs are usually epic ;)

Sad to hear that Paul has so much in hands :-(

Lets see what come out from Flibblesan, also what will the roms be based on?

Guest That-Guy
Sad to hear that Paul has so much in hands :-(

Lets see what come out from Flibblesan, also what will the roms be based on?

I am guessing B136, but not 100% sure ;)

Guest Simon O
Why not B160?

It has more things added than B136?

B136 is a newer build than the B160 Chinese ROM.

Also it will be an MCR, just done by myself not Paul.

Guest primozkoco

I also support you in doing some new ROMs for this phone, so it will attract more users and the phone itself will be more usable.

Guest Cirno
I grabbed that ROM, it is Android 2.2.2 and recent-ish so I'm using this. It's definitely newer than the B160 China rom.

The mongolian?

Guest Poulsen8r
as always no support for the U8800H version right ?

It's hard to know for sure. If huawei used the same kernel source for both models then it would be easy to recompile another kernel to be compatible with th U8800H. But if they used a different source it would be nearly impossible I think because you never know what code they have changed to enable the radio in the H model.

Guest Cirno
It's hard to know for sure. If huawei used the same kernel source for both models then it would be easy to recompile another kernel to be compatible with th U8800H. But if they used a different source it would be nearly impossible I think because you never know what code they have changed to enable the radio in the H model.

Sad that there are two different versions for similar devices from same company.

Guest Simon O
is this mongolian version better than b136? would you recommend me to install it?

It's a newer build than B136 and built from Android 2.2.2 so it's the very very last Froyo code. So in theory it should have a lot of bug fixes.

I'm running it and I don't have any problems.

Guest primozkoco

Thanks but how can i backup my phone now so nothing will change when i update. Would clockworkmod recovery do it?

Sry for noobi questions am pretty new in this.

Guest Cirno
Is the mongolian firmware branded? or the same as the International B136?

As far I see it isn't as been visiting a Chinese forum where they have updates all day long for the U8800, seems they released a V7, B137 rom for the U8800 running 2.2.2.

Guest Simon O
Is the mongolian firmware branded? or the same as the International B136?

Stock Android like the B135/B136 roms with operator customisations stored in /cust. It seems ok.