New here...

Guest 5150Jim

Guest 5150Jim

I just got my phone 2 days ago... It is a LG900G... I had a HTC Touch when I was working for a small company & loved it so I got this phone to play with on my pre-paid acct... I have 7k min to play with but I don't know if it will work with many of the apps... It did come with the Facebook app & I have used that but I'm not getting much info on the phone or if some apps with work... I would like to use it for Geocaching since I have been caching for many yrs... Does anyone know how to tell what apps will work on my phone?

TNX, Jim (The newbie)

Guest awarner

I had to look up the LG 900G for more information as I had not heard of it before.

The 900G is what they call a feature phone which unfortunately means it does not have a true operating system like Windows Phone 7 or Android on it.

Because of this you are extremely linmited to what you can go on it and things like Geocaching is something this phone can not do as it does not have GPS.

To be honest if it is definitely the 900G you have http://reviews.cnet.com/cell-phones/lg-900...7-34482916.html it is fine for messaging but that is about it. I would suggest if you want a true smartphone return the device to the store and get a WP7 or Android device unless you want to pay even more for an iPhone?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but best to know now rather than later.

Guest 5150Jim
I had to look up the LG 900G for more information as I had not heard of it before.

The 900G is what they call a feature phone which unfortunately means it does not have a true operating system liekWindows Phone 7 ir Android on it.

Because of this you are extremely linmited to what you can go on it and things like Geocaching is something this phone can not do as it does not have GPS.

To be honest if it is definitely the 900G you have http://reviews.cnet.com/cell-phones/lg-900...7-34482916.html it is fine for messaging but that is about it. I would suggest if you want a true smartphone return the device to the store and get a WP7 or Android device unless you want to pay even more for an iPhone?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but best to know now rather than later.

That's okay... I did get it for the msg'ing... I was just hoping I could do other things with it... Not a big deal... My plan is only $15 a month & the phone was only $28 so I can't complain... I'm going to look at the link you gave me right now...

TNX, Jim

Guest awarner

You could always buy another phone out of contract later either new or secondhand, I would say that while there are Geocaching apps, if you are thinking of doing a lot of it a standalone device would be better unless you want to carry spare batteries with you as current top-end devices are pretty power hungry.