GPS Performance

Guest Simon O

Guest Simon O

Just a quick thread to get some feedback from U8800 owners. How are you finding the performance of the GPS?

On B135, B136 and B137 it seems that the GPS performance on the phone I have isn't brilliant. Outside with clear sky the phone can only see one or two satellites and it doesn't appear to get a lock because of this. Turning on Xtra data speeds things up a bit but I guess this is because it's using AGPS.

So I'm trying to find out if it's a general issue and if anybody has found a way to improve performance.

Guest primozkoco

For me the GPS works great i am using B136 firmwire. But it was updated (by me) from B135. But i used gps fix from market at first.

And I am using iGO.

Guest Cirno
Just a quick thread to get some feedback from U8800 owners. How are you finding the performance of the GPS?

On B135, B136 and B137 it seems that the GPS performance on the phone I have isn't brilliant. Outside with clear sky the phone can only see one or two satellites and it doesn't appear to get a lock because of this. Turning on Xtra data speeds things up a bit but I guess this is because it's using AGPS.

So I'm trying to find out if it's a general issue and if anybody has found a way to improve performance.

I have the same problem with B160, and it doesn't feel good.

Guest Simon O
Seems to be working find for me on B136, faster at locking on to satellites than my old Blade ;)

I'll reflash B136 tomorrow and test the GPS. If it's any better then I'll work something out.

• 1 month later...
Guest aylanc3

I have no problem on my B136 -

even: I am able to lock to some sats inside my house (of course near the window)

Outside I get locked to at least 5-6 sattelites ( not less)