Work out a ZTE Vanilla Gingerbread leak out version[Kernel 2.6.35]

Guest burstlam

Guest mitchde
What about GPS problem (crashes spontaneously on activity) in this ROM?

I dont have that problem.

What exact crashes (which app) ?

I use maps, copilot 8 and others without gps problems.

Guest stubphen

Hi burstlam,

could you please add a mirror of the v2.5 here?

i can't download it completely from dbank site

much appreciated~

Guest k0zmic
CM7 has known bug: during gps using by any app phone can reboot by itself spontaneously.

This should happen once and then be fine afterwards.

Guest robinhud2010

I was wondering, since this rom supports a2sd, does it move the dalvik cache to ext partition by default? Or do I have to do that manually?

Guest ikaimjohn

Hello, the messaging app is crashing every time i try to merge contacts, is it normal? I get an ''com.android.acore'' error. I tried clearing data and cache of the app but still crashing.

Any idea?

Edited by ikaimjohn

Guest stubphen

Just to report a conflict with app

Thers is conflicts between FM radio and the viber beta version (most probably is the problem of the app)

No sound when viber is on, but it works in FM radio testing mode in engineering mode.

Sound returns when clicking to the keypad page of the viber app...

weird...

Guest psidoc
Thats not true. Something in CM7 breaks copilot pretty badly.

Yes in CM7 Copilot always force closes for me. Navigon and MM Tracker work fine though.

In this rom however They all, including CoPilot work perfectly.

Psi

Guest unrandomsam

This is a binary patch that has taken the armv6 specific stuff for dalvik / libc and put them into codeaura gingerbread_house branch and fixed it up to build. Seems to work fine (I have done a similar thing with SS before and its been fine as well).

To do it yourself need the VMSPLIT_2G stuff that KK originally did in another one of my posts.

perf_patch_2.4_signed.zip

Guest iNoobz2Droid
Thats not true. Something in CM7 breaks copilot pretty badly.

i use copilot on CM7 without problems (except the one reboot mentioned)

Guest MidaMilunk
What about GPS problem (crashes spontaneously on activity) in this ROM?

This is a CM7 issue, this leak-out version is not affected at all! Some versions suffer some "after disabling GPS once, can not enable it again" issue, but not all. F.e. wbaw b4 is affected for sure, the current 2.4 (2.5?) I do not know. I now use a hungarian mod based on 2.4 from here, and it is not affected - I can say this is as good as the SS-RLS5 for the Froyo family.

Guest burstlam
This is a binary patch that has taken the armv6 specific stuff for dalvik / libc and put them into codeaura gingerbread_house branch and fixed it up to build. Seems to work fine (I have done a similar thing with SS before and its been fine as well).

To do it yourself need the VMSPLIT_2G stuff that KK originally did in another one of my posts.

Rebuld a new version using the Libs of Leak Version and your patch.

Works fine for me

Guest whatcolour
Rebuld a new version using the Libs of Leak Version and your patch.

Works fine for me

I really hope that the scrolling speed in CM7 is now on par with the leaked rom, taking that you used the new EGL libs this time?

EDIT: I'm now really confused, clearly you are not talking about CM7 and I thought previous mods of the leaked rom also only had the ril libs replaced?

Edited by whatcolour

So, for the technically impaired, this means what exactly? That we can get an updated 2.6.35.7 kernel that works fine with CyanogenMod?

Edited by bhf

Guest not relevant

Hi,

I'm having problems with Market, which I'm assuming means I have a small cache partition. Can anyone explain how I can set up cache on tmpfs with this ROM or give me link to an update that will work with a small cache partition (boot.img?)

Thanks,

-- Not Relevant

[EDIT]: I've figured out how to unpack boot.img and it looks like init.rc is mounting a 50MB tmpfs file system on /cache, so this isn't why Market isn't working for me after all. Does anyone have any ideas why Market could be broken? I wiped /data before installing with ClockworkMod.

Edited by not relevant

Guest burstlam
Hi,

I'm having problems with Market, which I'm assuming means I have a small cache partition. Can anyone explain how I can set up cache on tmpfs with this ROM or give me link to an update that will work with a small cache partition (boot.img?)

Thanks,

-- Not Relevant

[EDIT]: I've figured out how to unpack boot.img and it looks like init.rc is mounting a 50MB tmpfs file system on /cache, so this isn't why Market isn't working for me after all. Does anyone have any ideas why Market could be broken? I wiped /data before installing with ClockworkMod.

what connection are u using? only test with WIFI and GPRS connection

Guest not relevant
what connection are u using? only test with WIFI and GPRS connection

Thanks - was connectivity problem. Market works over WiFi. Don't seem to be able to get 3G data connection. Tried various APNs without success. I'm on O2 UK network. Is there a problem with mobile data on this ROM?

Guest Gerappa

Hello!

I've just installed v2.5.1. My problem is, i cant search in market.

Try to pushing the magnifier icon, but nothing happens... anyone have the same problem?