Internal SD card error.

Guest Gavjbrown

Guest Gavjbrown

I have had trouble with my dell freezing/factory resetting on its own for a couple of weeks now. Its finally gone and wont boot past the Dell logo. Just done an internal sd card test and its failed.

I have never had another rom on it but have rooted it in the past and have attempted to put streakdroid on it to try and get it to boot before I found out the sd card was faulty.

Can anyone tell me what I can do to the streak to clear it as much as possible so it doesn't get rejected for a warranty repair on the grounds of what I have done above.

Thanks Gav

p.s these are the sort of message I get when trying a recovery rom -

E: Can't mount CACHE:recovery/log

E: Can't open CACHE:recovery/log

If anyone knows a magic cure without returning it, that would be great.

Guest cdzo72
I have had trouble with my dell freezing/factory resetting on its own for a couple of weeks now. Its finally gone and wont boot past the Dell logo. Just done an internal sd card test and its failed.

I have never had another rom on it but have rooted it in the past and have attempted to put streakdroid on it to try and get it to boot before I found out the sd card was faulty.

Can anyone tell me what I can do to the streak to clear it as much as possible so it doesn't get rejected for a warranty repair on the grounds of what I have done above.

Thanks Gav

p.s these are the sort of message I get when trying a recovery rom -

E: Can't mount CACHE:recovery/log

E: Can't open CACHE:recovery/log

If anyone knows a magic cure without returning it, that would be great.

I think the closest thing you can get back to stock is flashing it with Steve'e QDL tool, or you could also look up the lastes update.pkg and flash it with that. As far as those messages, I get those occasionally when I do a nandroid backup, but they by no means mean that you have a problem with your SD card

Guest Gavjbrown
I think the closest thing you can get back to stock is flashing it with Steve'e QDL tool, or you could also look up the lastes update.pkg and flash it with that. As far as those messages, I get those occasionally when I do a nandroid backup, but they by no means mean that you have a problem with your SD card

Thanks, I'll give that a go.

I was trying all yesterday to get it going again with no luck. Qdl was failing also where as I have never had a problem before.

I get about 6 errors wheh I try and flash. Tried nandroid, pkg and zip, so last off last night I typed the code in to get into the engineers mode and ran an sd test. Which said the int sd failed.

I used these instructions-

1. Turn off your Streak

2. Hold down the camera button all the way, as you turn on your Streak

3. At the white screen, dial in the code “*#301#” – This will open the engineering mode that allows you to run individual tests.

4. Dial in ’10′ then press ‘Enter’ to run the ‘SD & SIM’ test

5. The “Internal SD” test should pass, and it should show “permanent write-nonprotect”. 6. If this fails, then you have one of the affected Streaks.

Edited by Gavjbrown

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Gavjbrown

My Streak has just been returned from Dell for repair. Phoned Dell Monday, Collected Tuesday and returned fixed Today (Following Monday).

Cant Grumble at that.