Rom Manager fails to go into recovery

Guest Bazabaza

Guest Bazabaza

Have rooted with ginger root. Super user installed and rom manager. Everything that needs superuser working except rom backup in Rom manager nor will it boot to recovery from rom manager. i take it this is the same issue as 2.1 rom overwriting recovery on boot. Have searched and found solution for 2.1 rom does the same apply for 2,2 stock rom?

Guest marvin02
Have rooted with ginger root. Super user installed and rom manager. Everything that needs superuser working except rom backup in Rom manager nor will it boot to recovery from rom manager. i take it this is the same issue as 2.1 rom overwriting recovery on boot. Have searched and found solution for 2.1 rom does the same apply for 2,2 stock rom?

There are numerous reports that ROM Manger does not work on the Streak.

I recommend using StreakMod Recovery and if you are using a stock ROM make sure you do this.

Guest Bazabaza

Rom manager not working covered but not what i asked which was does the 2.1 advice hold true. i get a little sick of this condescending attitude around the "search" function Its pretty pathetic.

Guest cdzo72
Rom manager not working covered but not what i asked which was does the 2.1 advice hold true. i get a little sick of this condescending attitude around the "search" function Its pretty pathetic.

If you think you get a little sick then you have no idea how we feel about those that refuse to use it. Your question has been answered hundreds of times all you had to do is SEARCH for it!

The pathetic ones are the ones that want to be babied through the steps instead doing a little reading and learning like they were taught in grade school

Guest marvin02

Did you click on the link I gave - you know the one that said Read This. I believe that answered your question about how to prevent the recovery being over written and why it happens.

A search would have found the info for you. Cluttering the forums with threads that ask the same questions dilutes the information across multiple threads and boards. Those who do not or can not learn to search make more it difficult for other users who do try to find the info on their own because the unnecessary threads clutter the search results.

Guest Azurren

Its hypocritical as well.

Most people who post "use the search function" have probably never used it before. Also it takes less time and is more constructive to just post "It doesn't work" or "Know issue" than telling people to use the search function.

Heh some people rant about "wasting forum space", the only thing more useless than the newly posted thread is their post :)

Take the ZTE Blade forum / T-Mobile Pulse forum for example. It is almost impossible to find anything via the search function, but there was a time when I could either link you to it (Remember reading it on page xx of the xxx topic) or just answer instantly from memory

Oh and when trying to find answers to the OPs post using search I got this:

Pá$$\M›-xìRûŒ·œöüÆEBõ1Ü‘#oÌ\‰!f²m2ïŠÞÅŽa#ÿ*Ç— “å¦O¨Gƒð¼±T>õÈE%EâGø‘'ÂÊ–pu_/¦“ ¦j`Õ2á}â?žr:ÒÐê–¶Ÿ‘¸^ogî'.0XTWž7ð'›º|#éiÛÁ¾öÉ.ÐC@ÚUÃHÞt*mŒj˜ð»¢ù}Á§Ô¥3\$IÓ|O¯ÒØÏÀae—ò‰vIKòÊHw´Áø;uPoñb"øZ%±•ž@Ë;l(·|`‚ ZSþAy(µN5LHN\Æ+†Žük·ªÖ–k:æ6p “¦Ñ˜ZW®Ù%†£Yj6]‹qŒFE^Œq3Doáj$Í×üž£# £Å¤MàÍÓl,·$Õ0aMS:ɈQ5ŒˆÕB¹.¨/ªn™H´Œ‹~™d’ní¤zÝQB¥½×iJýÀhéhî&ÂáÒIÓ-Zzêwx`x:gbpµBõ&|„S–W#‹¥'ÜëßõïîÁ½‘kÐ>云W#%€Â§_¥i‡«‘‘k'€G40ïi@:[5vº‹ÑšÒòêøM5úôºeœ˜Ýþ‚wx¼J‡za4;½y|ô Æ BŠÚ—¶\%=‘Oâ ã9ñd´L˜™ö/tËhÏÒ³ÿL]—‘sºe´Èõt?ãQŸŠÆF|¯•~ÅóX„Ć‘O(w5^œÒ(7Ò¨5“µt{…ëáöÊÈpÈà,\¦*?ˆÒæûö©V© ý– E«Í!k dͲš¸±¿`¸h$­¿´/¤}aÄZ©×ŸÇ°*?ó_>ò›|k•D#‘˜’+>’Ñ´±idíøOø“‘ÍÒ¼hVêç‡#é¶2±o¾3 etܪƒpU„|…_E€ßŒŠj‚c¯šàP™ùÄE[‹/A’äùïn®M2´-Í"^—Êͯ5 XM)gm_/f¾WA£…#­'`Õ–«šd ª‰…ä-5·–ÑÜêõj¶¯ÀöÍd© ߯Àpzk`ÿ }z'EÞ®%"¾¼œ»²» þÄ‚&#¤¨Î{׆ÒnÔReI)ÓžU ON¯Lñ&¹˜Ú¾MëDbí§IÊ(yk"¿½ý”˜6ÐRNBBÃ)Ušs,°¬ÒÖ‰óü|Ô2é oFÎ ÃM}õ€_| %_ª0õ/U#c,¹Öá„s7£zµž¸S²9oËU#7n¼^A ñbDc%=ÒÌ·EäÀuÉÑGg/&k½¥g÷>þGaœd¯„ôŽðb„EëßÅ-á·ô\ýp1aOXòþÑ ¹æ‚ì×÷Q÷öëmä2Þ ä3Œj.vÔ’ÒÀ‹Ñ0IÈEÝ)ø¿Bƒm|rñò„×fåAºÆFquŽ«¹^y0‘