Have I borked it?

Guest WearTheFoxHat

Guest WearTheFoxHat

Hi All,

I've been toying with the idea of selling my San Fran as I simply don't use it, other than for the odd look at Android. I decided to update it from Gen1 to Gen2, and update the rom to CM7, so installed the CM7.0.3 TPT. Worked fine! Hurrah.

Well not quite, I've just downloaded the latest nightly zip, and copied it to the SD card. I then used ROM manager to install the firmware image. It rebooted into clockwork, ran the update rebooted the phone and is now sat at a very lovely green android.

HALP!!! :)

Guest Matty-p
Hi All,

I've been toying with the idea of selling my San Fran as I simply don't use it, other than for the odd look at Android. I decided to update it from Gen1 to Gen2, and update the rom to CM7, so installed the CM7.0.3 TPT. Worked fine! Hurrah.

Well not quite, I've just downloaded the latest nightly zip, and copied it to the SD card. I then used ROM manager to install the firmware image. It rebooted into clockwork, ran the update rebooted the phone and is now sat at a very lovely green android.

re install clockwork via flash clockwork.img ect

Guest rockstarszzzz
Hi All,

If you can go to clockwork - pull battery out. Put it back in and then power + vol down button. - then install the zip once again. But before install wipe everything and clear data etc and factory reset. Clear it from 'mount and storage' option as well. Then install image from .zip using clockwork and it will work fine B)

Guest WearTheFoxHat

Blimey ... I know this is the busiest sub-fora of Modaco, but you guys are fast!

I've tried pulling the battery and no joy getting into clockwork. Sorry should have mentioned that on first post.

I've just pulled the SD Card, and copied across the CM-7.0.3-Blade-TPT "Images" directory and powered on the handset ... it's just installed that again no-bother. I think that full scripted TPT install does all the wipe etc.

Shall I just leave it at that version now then ... and stop fiddling? :)

Guest Matty-p
Blimey ... I know this is the busiest sub-fora of Modaco, but you guys are fast!

I've tried pulling the battery and no joy getting into clockwork. Sorry should have mentioned that on first post.

I've just pulled the SD Card, and copied across the CM-7.0.3-Blade-TPT "Images" directory and powered on the handset ... it's just installed that again no-bother. I think that full scripted TPT install does all the wipe etc.

Shall I just leave it at that version now then ... and stop fiddling? B)

:) your sig has gone missing ... loved that

Guest rockstarszzzz

Shall I just leave it at that version now then ... and stop fiddling? B)

I think going a step further and trying N106 will make your CM7 experience more pleasant, as 7.0.3 bugs are fixed in this nightly! If you feel adventurous, try it, it should work! :) But don't install via ROM manager. Enter clockwork mod and then install it from there..

Guest WearTheFoxHat

Cheers Rockstarszzzz

I've still got it on SD card, so will drop down into clockwork mod and give it a go.

You can tell I bought the San Fran on the spur of the moment to "see what android is like", and I'm really impressed. I don't use the phone for much personal data, so haven't investigated a simple way to just backup and re-install all my apps. I'm not worried about data at present since it's just contacts and calendar which is via Google Apps.

Guest k0zmic
You can tell I bought the San Fran on the spur of the moment to "see what android is like", and I'm really impressed. I don't use the phone for much personal data, so haven't investigated a simple way to just backup and re-install all my apps. I'm not worried about data at present since it's just contacts and calendar which is via Google Apps.

Well, on Froyo upwards when you restore there's an option to automatically download all apps and some data like Wi-Fi passwords - really convenient if you ask me.

Off topic: Out of interest, did you guys apply to be mods or were you selected? I had a very quick search of the forums but I couldn't find an answer.

Edited by k0zmic

Guest rockstarszzzz
Cheers Rockstarszzzz

I've still got it on SD card, so will drop down into clockwork mod and give it a go.

I don't think you will regret your decision at all! This is exactly the same reason I bought blade. - it's cheap, it's android, it's powerful! I have been long time WinMo user, and shifting to android could have been a pain, if it wasn't for cheap android device like blade! :)

Guest WearTheFoxHat
I don't think you will regret your decision at all! This is exactly the same reason I bought blade. - it's cheap, it's android, it's powerful! I have been long time WinMo user, and shifting to android could have been a pain, if it wasn't for cheap android device like blade! B)

Exactly ... apart from I had a few years between WinMo and Android stuck in AppleVille. I've got a lot of invested apps within the AppStore. But most can be replaced on Android, bar a tiny few.

I'm quite impressed by iOS5, but think that my 3GS is on it's last legs. So the next few months will define if I jump ship to a big android handset, or just go iPhone again!

My biggest dilemma at the moment is whether to sell the Blade or not, it's a Gen1 OLED screen which I've just updated to Gen2 with CM7. Oh thanks for tip about Clockwork, successfully on N106 now. :)

Guest k0zmic
I'm quite impressed by iOS5, but think that my 3GS is on it's last legs. So the next few months will define if I jump ship to a big android handset, or just go iPhone again!

My biggest dilemma at the moment is whether to sell the Blade or not, it's a Gen1 OLED screen which I've just updated to Gen2 with CM7. Oh thanks for tip about Clockwork, successfully on N106 now. :)

GS2 seems like the favorite big Android phone ATM, I was a bit gutted when O2 put the price up to £480 or w/e from £400.

If you sell the OLED with CM7 on it you'll probably make some profit on it.

Edited by k0zmic

Guest WearTheFoxHat

yeah that's my thinking. Although it was immaculate until I tried to get the missus into a smartphone, and she managed to drop the damn thing on the first day of using it!! one slightly scuffed corner!

I'm thinking:

GS2

LG Optimus 2X

maybe HTC Sensation (although lesser spec than GS2)

Or even the Moto Atrix.

Guest k0zmic

Ahh, that's a bummer. Still, shouldn't be too much of a problem since people pay a premium for OLED's.

GS2 - best specced out of those, will get NFC in the next few months.

Optimus 2x - Relatively cheap for what you get (from Play.com)

HTC Sensation - I like Sense and the qHD screen looks appealing. But I hope the bootloader gets unlocked.

Atrix - Great hardware, but I really don't like Blur and the bootloader is locked I think.

My favorites out of those are the GS2 and Sensation but I'm leaning towards the GS2 since it seems to be in a lot of dev's hands.

Edited by k0zmic

Guest k0zmic
I like that rationale.

Thanks for the low down. Likewise I hope the Sensation gets unlocked too.

Check these prices:

http://panamoz.com/index.php/cell-phones/h...mart-phone.html

http://panamoz.com/index.php/cell-phones/l...-2-2-froyo.html

http://panamoz.com/index.php/cell-phones/s...-3-display.html

http://panamoz.com/index.php/cell-phones/m...mart-phone.html

Feel free to move this since it is kind of unrelated to the Blade but just thought I'd let you (and others) know.

In terms of reliability I haven't heard of this site but it seems to have got good reviews, even the person with a horror story got their money back.

Edited by k0zmic

Guest iKrautDroid

The galaxy s2 kicks the sensations ass bigtime!

But to be honest Im just a "teen" so Id go for a nexus s or a galaxy s1 cause there a bit more affordable.

Also, I need to say this:

The Atrix laptop dock (and of course the stupid Padfone) suck bigtime