[SE@HIS BEST] OFFICIAL GINGERBREAD! august... [SE CONFIRMS NO 16M COLORS]

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest fusioncoast
trip, will you publish how you managed to implement the screen hacks in the phone when you leave us?

+2 i want to learn how its done in Build. prop

well the best option for us now will be a 2.1 Rom with tripn screen hacks wid more pixels n vibrant screen

please trip build us a 2.1 rom with stock camera 10 mod and your screen hacks i think it will be enough till we get GB in August

also port the arc launcher with scrolling Timescape and scrolling photo and videos widget

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest fiscidtox
+2 i want to learn how its done in Build. prop

well the best option for us now will be a 2.1 Rom with tripn screen hacks wid more pixels n vibrant screen

please trip build us a 2.1 rom with stock camera 10 mod and your screen hacks i think it will be enough till we get GB in August

also port the arc launcher with scrolling Timescape and scrolling photo and videos widget

hahahaha more pixels??? I'm sorry but this is impossible. Though you can optimize your rom to make the colours appear more vibrant, and use dithering to get rid of gradients, what people are saying about his screen hack is not possible. He did not raise the number of pixels (lol wtf?) or colours...

Guest PlayGunsta

Fk SE, no SE for me anymore. Next phone is for sure a HTC (only with nice design) or else a Samsung. I think it will be Samsung, they have also a few nice designs.

Guest fiscidtox
Fk SE, no SE for me anymore. Next phone is for sure a HTC (only with nice design) or else a Samsung. I think it will be Samsung, they have also a few nice designs.

I fully agree man..... (for once lol)

Never again an SE, I'm tired of all the crap. I feel like they make us jump through hoops constantly, owning a smartphone shouldn't be so much hassle.

Edited by fiscidtox

Guest amus76
I fully agree man..... (for once lol)

Never again an SE, I'm tired of all the crap. I feel like they make us jump through hoops constantly, owning a smartphone shouldn't be so much hassle.

Oh God...one year again with this crappy phone: I have a 2 years contract :/

Please give me a Samsung GII!

Guest fusioncoast
hahahaha more pixels??? I'm sorry but this is impossible. Though you can optimize your rom to make the colours appear more vibrant, and use dithering to get rid of gradients, what people are saying about his screen hack is not possible. He did not raise the number of pixels (lol wtf?) or colours...

Read his posts he says adding pixels n stuff also the screen looks sharper and brighter n vibrant

dont kno wat he does but screen looks awsome

Do you kno how to do it ?

Edited by fusioncoast

Guest fiscidtox
Oh God...one year again with this crappy phone: I have a 2 years contract :/

Please give me a Samsung GII!

I want an sgs2 sooooo bad, I might just say screw it and get one now. I'm sick of waiting for SE to get their sh!t together

Guest fiscidtox
Read his posts he says adding pixels n stuff also the screen looks sharper and brighter n vibrant

dont kno wat he does but screen looks awsome

Do you kno wow to do it ?

nope but I know what is possible and what is not possible to do with a display, do you?

I never said you couldn't make it look better by optimizing, but you can't add pixels hahahaha

Guest fusioncoast
nope but I know what is possible and what is not possible to do with a display, do you?

I never said you couldn't make it look better by optimizing, but you can't add pixels hahahaha

can u post a tutorial i wud like to learn it

or can u build a rom with similar screen hacks incase if ur a cook

i guess ur frm the other forum since u just joined few days back and u must be knowing that no other dev in (x10 atleast) has implemented such hacks which improve screen quality so i guess he gets the credit for it.

:)

Guest fiscidtox
can u post a tutorial i wud like to learn it

or can u build a rom with similar screen hacks incase if ur a cook

i guess ur frm the other forum since u just joined few days back and u must be knowing that no other dev in (x10 atleast) has implemented such hacks which improve screen quality so i guess he gets the credit for it.

:)

I told you I'm not a dev, just an electrical engineer...

I have used pretty much every rom and I know a lot about hardware, you can't add more pixels and he did not add more colours.

It is the same amount of colours, he did however optimize the rom to make the colours we have look their best. Also added dithering to get rid of the horrible gradient.

Guest Cyberman_NI
I want an sgs2 sooooo bad, I might just say screw it and get one now. I'm sick of waiting for SE to get their sh!t together

Totaly agree with you for once :) the SGS2 is lookin so good right now. Only the screen res of the sensation might sway me. I don't think or care whether SE learn from this because I definatly won't be buying anymore Sony products ever again.

Guest fusioncoast
I told you I'm not a dev, just an electrical engineer...

I have used pretty much every rom and I know a lot about hardware, you can't add more pixels and he did not add more colours.

It is the same amount of colours, he did however optimize the rom to make the colours we have look their best. Also added dithering to get rid of the horrible gradient.

ok if ur not a dev den dont laugh on wat devs say in their posts (cos he said he tried to add more pixels) any way

since u r a electrical engineer canu tell me can v port a better hardware screen to x10 ?

Guest Ri2do
It was expected, just the same SE showed up today. BLEGH AUGUST! That means end of this year for SE. I hate SE this makes me even more happy to go to HTC. What an boner killer is X10! Shame shame shame this... another 8,9,10,11 weeks waiting. I'm done with SE, stick there x10 up there arse, they just dont care that is was way over expensive way to shitty android 1.6 etc etc.

:) SE B)

I WAS planning to fix the GB rom for you all but now.. This is un-badword-believable! SEPTEMBER you gotta be kiddin' me! The x10 is 2 years old then!! EPIC EPIC EPIC FAIL for SE. My x10 is gonna be in the garbage where it belongs.

This makes me laugh tough!

@se-blog

NO 16M COLORS, OH WELL THANKS AGAIN SE

Trip, you are a legend:D well said.

It will be a shame to see you leaving, but your legacy as a x10 dev will stay for good :]

I will be moving to HTC phone as well. I soooooo fed up with SE playin up on users.

HTC sensation is a great chose, let's the dual-core madness begin ;)

Thank you for all your work you've done for us, I hope that before you leave you will stick some goodies from your kitchen ;D would be nice :D

Regards

Riddo

Guest pngface
go ahead don't believe me, you ask ANY dev or anyone who knows anything technical about electronics if you can add more pixels :) lol Oh trip you make me smile

Specifically ask Z or J!!

Yes, I would like to know how to add more pixels to a display too. While we're at it, can we add some hardware buttons too?

Guest Anant Shrivastava

============ LOOKS LIKE I AM TOO LATE IN POINTING THIS OUT ====================

TRIP has already cleared the screen resolution i.e. pixels are not changed.

so X10 still is 480x854

keep message for reference purpose only.

Please avoid making a mess of this post.

==================================================================

Hi All,

Niether a ROM developer nor a developer by any standard.

however we can all put an end to all this controversy and claim and counter claims ....

can anyone who is using this latest rom post details of his screen.....

what details we all are looking at is

What we generally consider screen resolution as :480x854

https://market.android.com/details?id=sysin...sysinfo.sysinfo

if we are getting more then that then its clear Trip has done something good if not then no need to fight more.

I hope everyone will agree on this .... and if it comes out to be true then its upto Trip if he wants to share the stuff with others and other are willing to listen to him or not.

also for your info on a 2.2 non-Trip rom i am getting resolution as specified above 480 x 854

res.jpg

Edited by Anant Shrivastava

Guest Dario93
You are not worth talking to! Reported your posts cause;

I hate stalkers from a callcenter..

There is no way talking to you, you are nothing and you will never be for me youre dead.

Guys let's not get personal. It's just a damn phone. It's not worth it.

hahahaha yep I worked at a call centre for a few months while in university :)

See that is the degree of his maturity, I paid my own way through 4 years of engineering school and he tries to degrade me with it.

I would like to know what he does aside from be a mediocre developer? I can prove what I do for a living, many are my friends on facebook...

Yet again though, you have some growing up to do I'll just sit here and smile at your weak attempts to bother me B)

Guys, this time it's enough! All of you suspended for 3 days, hoping this will help keeping this section a friendly place. Of course if someone has to object my decisione,I'm here.

Guest TripNRaVeR
was just editing the top post while you made the comment......

took time in finding the application hence missed your last 3-4 posts.

please ignore and continue your work.

No i'm going to reflash rom and prove it. Hopefully he goes away then. :)

Edit nvm. B)

Whatever suspension it is then, not going to defend myself for someone who is banned at xda 2 times and comes here to further start flamewars. Action = reaction Dario.

Edited by TripNRaVeR

Guest fiscidtox

wow at least he can read :) Someone else said that he added more pixels and i said that was impossible!

This argument is ridiculous I was responding to someone else who said trip added more pixels. Trip came and lost his mind about it, when I am 100% in that it is impossible......

Whats to debate?

Guest arkedk

@Trip can you please change the original post. As there is no one who has the update. No point in getting people who reads the first post to try and flash their devices and resetting them after they've probably done a lot of personalization to them.

Guest jpminou
Hey everyboday!

I just connected my phone and always get this message:

IMAGE REMOVED AS PROVEN FAKE

Btw. I'm from Germany:

so did u tried the update????

it means that SE start the GB update B) or another fake story :)

Edited by awarner

Guest NuclearDawn

Updating is complete.

And yes, finally I got gingerbread lol! I have to go to bed now because tomorrow I have to work.

I will take screenshots root it and take a dump of alle the system files!