[Q]FPS Limiter?

Guest genti7

Guest genti7

Looks like there is a fps limiter on this phone which doesnt allow the device to get above 45-47 frames per second. Adreno 205 on other devices has proved that can go much higher and the scorpion processor isnt bad, so it should go higher. Even overclocking the cpu cant pass the limit. So is this a software or a hardware issue or maybe a screen refresh rate issue?

Edited by genti7

Guest Cirno
Looks like there is a fps limiter on this phone which doesnt allow the device to get above 45-47 frames per second. Adreno 205 on other devices has proved that can go much higher and the scorpion processor isnt bad, so it should go higher. Even overclocking the cpu cant pass the limit. So is this a software or a hardware issue or maybe a screen refresh rate issue?

It's software limited and I am hoping to see someone lifting off the limit.

Guest Poulsen8r
It's software limited and I am hoping to see someone lifting off the limit.

You can remove the FPS limit by adding:

debug.gr.swapinterval=0

to your build.prop. You never really notice and difference between 45 and 60fps though, and it won't boost your quadrant score but it will your neocore score I believe.

Guest genti7
You can remove the FPS limit by adding:

debug.gr.swapinterval=0

to your build.prop. You never really notice and difference between 45 and 60fps though, and it won't boost your quadrant score but it will your neocore score I believe.

Poulsen8 have you personally tried this? does it really break the fps limit?

Edit: it works fps unlocket but now it became unlimited neocore score now 78 fps from 46 fps :). However what should i type to limit fps at 60?

Edited by genti7

Guest Cirno
I've tried this tweak and it makes scrolling less smooth. Very noticeable in LauncherPro.

Yeah indeed it became very choppy, I read somewhere that 2.3.1 were supposed to fix that problem with 205 and the fps limiting.

• 2 months later...

Hey, I recently bought the Ideos X5 in Portugal (TMN), and I also noticed that its capped.. but for me its not even 45fps, its 29! I already changed the stock rom to _______ but its still locked, I already tryed OC'ing the CPU and didn't help, I also added the debug.gr.swapinterval=0 line and it actually changed the frame-rate "on the screen", but it felt way choppier, even worse than the previous 29fps (with artifacts and so on). Is there any way to make it smoother? and at least uncap it to 45/60fps stable? Thanks.

• 5 months later...