What font are you using?

Guest JudasLucifer

Guest Mushroom_Lord

Because changing fonts is just too cool: I wanted to see what fonts people are using..

Because they have to be funky, but legible on such a small screen.

At the moment I am using the Comfortaa font by Aajohan.

Post your font here :)

Guest flshg

I'm using Avant-garde book

(dont remember who created it or where I got it from :) )

deviceu.png

edit: seems font is too large, on games there is slight clipping at the base of text.

Edited by flshg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest _androgenous
I'm using Avant-garde book

(dont remember who created it or where I got it from :) )

deviceu.png

edit: seems font is too large, on games there is slight clipping at the base of text.

Hi flshg -- apologies for an unrelated (to fonts) post, but I rather like that small vertical dock you have displayed... any info please?

TIA

Guest flshg
Hi flshg -- apologies for an unrelated (to fonts) post, but I rather like that small vertical dock you have displayed... any info please?

TIA

Hey _androgenous

That app is "button saviour", available free from the market. It provides the touchscreen versions of the back, home, menu and power keys. Excellent app.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest flshg

Anyone know if using fancy fonts affects performance or battery life much, as I can imagine that the original simple fonts have been optimised for the phones. Fancy fonts will require more drawing (i'm assuming they're vector based) due to more curves to draw. I've gone back to the original fonts; nice as alternative fonts are, sometimes they dont show up correctly in games or are not as readable.

Guest Ravrahn

I use Segoe WP - The font designed for Windows Phone 7. It's very pretty and designed specifically for high DPI displays. There's a weird bug in CM7, though, where some of the characters are replaced with boxes. Doesn't happen in Sense builds.

screenshot-1310511565715.png

Guest flshg

I use Segoe WP - The font designed for Windows Phone 7. It's very pretty and designed specifically for high DPI displays. There's a weird bug in CM7, though, where some of the characters are replaced with boxes. Doesn't happen in Sense builds.

Ravrahn, you're right, I think it looks nicer than the standard android font. Would you have any links to download that font, and how did you install it - using an app or simply copy over to font folder?

Guest Ravrahn

Ravrahn, you're right, I think it looks nicer than the standard android font. Would you have any links to download that font, and how did you install it - using an app or simply copy over to font folder?

I found it on XDA - direct link to the zip file here (you need to be logged in to XDA). I installed it with the app Font Changer. Just unzip and put it in the folder it wants you to.

Edited by Ravrahn

Guest Gryphonic

+1 for ununtu - it looks very nice:

screenshot_1.png

Another one I used for a while was Sansation Regular. A bit more quirky. I've only got a screenshot of my old homescreen with it I'm afraid: (I really like the numbers with this font though)

screenshot.png

Sorry for the massive screenshots.

Edited by Gryphonic

Guest ShahinTehShiz

I've got some fonts I wanna use, but can someone recommend me the best app to use my own fonts on my phone?

Thanks!

Guest flshg

I've got some fonts I wanna use, but can someone recommend me the best app to use my own fonts on my phone?

Thanks!

I've only used font changer, which works with ttf fonts, but after a few changes it seems to get confused and loses the original fonts. If you use this app you should make a backup of the app's font backup folder on sdcard, just in case you want to revert back.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest flshg

I've just noticed this bug on my phone now, where some of the characters are replaced with boxes, as if its a foreign character that isnt supported. It seems to happen after a non-alphanumeric character e.g. a colon or bracket. Strangely this doesnt happen on the bold version of the font. Anyone know how to fix this? I've tried reflashing the font and from different sources. It looks fine on the PC TTF preview.

• 1 month later...
Guest nrvnqsrxk

I'm also running Segoe WP. It's The first thing I flash everytime I flash a new ROM. Am I the only one that uses UOT Kitchen?

Edited by nrvnqsrxk

• 5 weeks later...