Happy or not with Leaked ROM

Guest t0mm13b

Has anyone paired their Blade running the leaked ROM via bluetooth with their car? CM7 did not do this last time I tried (n97) so I had to go back to FLB r11b.

It works with my car... everything works with the new GB rom.

Guest t0mm13b
I hate it & can't wait to get back to CM7.

:)

My sarcasm radar has dipped and malfunctioned - are you for realz there considering you kick-started a fresh spin on the leaked GB rom?? Or is it ZTE byting you in the ass!? B)

:)

My sarcasm radar has dipped and malfunctioned - are you for realz there considering you kick-started a fresh spin on the leaked GB rom?? Or is it ZTE byting you in the ass!? B)

I'm serious. I only made it to test out the new kernel. I'm just waiting for ZTE to release the source so that CM7 can use it to fix wifi, bluetooth & other problems with the current kernel.

Guest t0mm13b
I'm serious. I only made it to test out the new kernel. I'm just waiting for ZTE to release the source so that CM7 can use it to fix wifi, bluetooth & other problems with the current kernel.

Ahh in that case, patience is a virtue :)

/me runs

Hate seems a bit strong. Theres nothing to hate anyway. Works fine.

ZTE dialler is horrible, wont work with Facebook & I haven't worked out how to replace it without breaking stuff yet. All the other ZTE apps are crap too, luckily we don't need those.

Guest Redflake
ZTE dialler is horrible, wont work with Facebook & I haven't worked out how to replace it without breaking stuff yet. All the other ZTE apps are crap too, luckily we don't need those.

Agreed the zte dialers a bit crap, much rather have the standard dialer but everything else seems to work great. :)

Guest Monfro
I hate it & can't wait to get back to CM7.

If this is your opion...you deserve a REALLY BIG THANK YOU for the great rom you provided to the community.

I love Ginger Stir Fry 3!!!

It is the smoothest rom actually available for the Blade, the phone does not get too hot and battery life seems better than CM7 and Froyo.

I hope that the source will be released soon...so developers can work to improve CM7 and create other roms based on this great Gingerbread kernel.

Guest Redflake

Bit better than a test rom and better than CM7 at the moment.

More stable, smoother, better on the battery and no reboots.

CM7 might be the future but for now I prefer ginger stir fry for day to day use.

Each to their own though. :)

Edited by Redflake

Guest leetron1
Bit better than a test rom and better than CM7 at the moment.

More stable, smoother, better on the battery and no reboots.

CM7 might be the future but for now I prefer ginger stir fry for day to day use.

Each to their own though. :)

+1

Guest targetbsp

I haven't tried it yet because someone said you don;t get notification LED's whilst asleep (whereas you do in CM7). What is it with ZTE and thinking you don't care if you've missed a call/text? :)

Guest tcpaulh

The zte dialler has one killer feature ie the predictive chooser or whatever it's called. Loving the rom. Just miss the cm7 drop bar.

Guest liamdunn
I haven't tried it yet because someone said you don;t get notification LED's whilst asleep (whereas you do in CM7). What is it with ZTE and thinking you don't care if you've missed a call/text? :)

You do because i've seen it flashing even when receiving emails from Gmail but i use "Easy Reminder" anyway because i can set it periodically remind me every minute or however many times it chimes the ringtone before stopping if i have a missed call, txt or MMS, had it since day one as i cant bear to miss txt messages

Guest targetbsp
You do because i've seen it flashing even when receiving emails from Gmail but i use "Easy Reminder" anyway because i can set it periodically remind me every minute or however many times it chimes the ringtone before stopping if i have a missed call, txt or MMS, had it since day one as i cant bear to miss txt messages

I had Tasker do the same thing on Froyo. It's hard on the battery life though to have an app do that (the app does it by temp waking the phone) In Cm7 the light stays lit even whilst the phone is asleep so no battery drain. The phone flashes the LED as it wakes to handle the event, then in CM7 in stays on solid whilst phone sleeps, in other roms the LED goes off whilst phone sleeps.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest liamdunn
I had Tasker do the same thing on Froyo. It's hard on the battery life though to have an app do that (the app does it by temp waking the phone)

Easy Reminder isn't actually that bad on battery life if im honest i saw no real change from before i had it on to after i had it on, but i was always close to a power source anyway so it wasn't really a bother i just hated the phone not natively having this option when you know most phones old phones had it, most of mine certainly did anyway

Guest targetbsp
Easy Reminder isn't actually that bad on battery life if im honest i saw no real change from before i had it on to after i had it on, but i was always close to a power source anyway so it wasn't really a bother i just hated the phone not natively having this option when you know most phones old phones had it, most of mine certainly did anyway

You should try CM7. This is the main reason I use CM7. :)

Guest The Soup Thief

@t0mm13b & phoenix silver

I've not been able to check in for a while but have been using these leaks for the past couple of days (having been hooked on CM7 nightlies for the past few months). While I really like the CM7 tweaks, bells, whistles etc I have to say, the UI on wbaw's beta 3 of this leak I'm using at the mo is lovely - incredibly smooth

Also, while I've always found wifi reconnections to be difficult on cm7 (ie not as automagic as they have been on other roms) on this they just happen (at present, anyway)

Just my 2p

Best of luck for the 24th! Have fun!

Guest liamdunn
You should try CM7. This is the main reason I use CM7. :)

no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no and a big no! i know theirs fans on here who would happily brown nose CM but its not for me, I've tried CM7 and absolutely hated it! and had it removed from the phone within 10 minutes, as i stated in the original thread of the leak i don't want 10,000 options to change a font colour or something daft like that i want a rom that's simple and does being simple perfectly, yeah i know theirs stuff on CM that an app cant do but that's a small price to pay.

Sorry i just cant see all the fuss over CM7.

Guest targetbsp
no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no and a big no! i know theirs fans on here who would happily brown nose CM but its not for me, I've tried CM7 and absolutely hated it! and had it removed from the phone within 10 minutes, as i stated in the original thread of the leak i don't want 10,000 options to change a font colour or something daft like that i want a rom that's simple and does being simple perfectly, yeah i know theirs stuff on CM that an app cant do but that's a small price to pay.

Sorry i just cant see all the fuss over CM7.

I must admit, I do uninstall everything non-standard. And frankly lots that's standard. :) I like 'lite' roms.

Guest Mushroom_Lord

Woooah what?

Fair enough the leaked Rom has the zte dialer and things break...

but I think when the source code is released it will be great.

And noob moment: If source code is released does that mean it can be used to improve Cm7 (im looking at 2d performance which is much better in ginger stir fry rather than cm7, imo) (super smooth scrolling)

Guest wookie16081965

tried this and was snappy but i didnt like the keyboard and signal kept dropping out couldnt get gps fix did full wipe cache reset and dalvik before instaling