1 August B137 r7: FLB Custom ROM for the Huawei U8800 with Online Kitchen

Guest Simon O

Guest Simon O

thanks, really nice and fast rom but can you please add some cpu governors like smoothass, brazilianwax, SavagedZen in the future?

Still looking into that.

Guest skifyr123

I have no idea, sorry.

Ok thanks anyway. I was just wondering if this could work. 1 step from getting it to work, not sure if it is because of "no loop devices" support or something I do... not anything important ;)

Guest vareBlade

For some reason when im installing the rom from the r6 link, it gets stack at the boot 'ideos' logo for like 6-7 mins.

Any idea why?

Guest Simon O

For some reason when im installing the rom from the r6 link, it gets stack at the boot 'ideos' logo for like 6-7 mins.

Any idea why?

Try r7

Guest Pelemane

I have been using this ROM for couple days now and I have to thank flib for making a great ROM again.

But there is couple weird things (bugs or something?):

1) Smartass: Is it working as it should? I have set my phone to 122MHz-1,5GHz and it goes down to 122MHz even when screen is on.

On Blade with CM and clocked at 122-748 it never drops below 480MHz when screen is on. On SS it dropped to 320 or 480 can't remember. But newer to 122 when screen is on.When it drops down to 122 with your ROM it causes unresponsiveness if I'm eg. browsing and stop for a while to read something and start scrolling again, then it lags for a while.Those little lags don't happen if I use ondemand with profiles 480MHz-1,5GHz when screen on and 122-460 when screen off. So I guess those lags are caused by it dropping too low.

2) Notification led: Why is it green all the time when charging? On Blade it turns green when battery is over 90% and with this it turns green when it's over 10%. IMO that's stupid.

3) Settings>About phone>Battery use is poop. I have played couple hours Battleheart, had three phone calls (about 30min in total), used browser some time and Wifi has been on all the time.It just shows that Android system has used a lot battery but there is no Wifi or Display. Why doesn't it show them?

I guess they are now included in that Android System and that is poop.Spare Parts doesn't show any wakelocks or anything, but there is that "0" using lots of network. Last time I had that I was using JJ. You might even remember it, 'cause we talked about it here.

But all in all I'm very happy with this ROM. Battery life is good but the way it's reported sucks. Performance is great but smartass isn't smart enough.

Is it possible to get notification bar widget to this ROM? You made one to FLB for Blade so maybe you could add it to this too ;)

post-796033-0-20517800-1312331387_thumb.

Edited by Pelemane

Guest simplistian

Ok thanks anyway. I was just wondering if this could work. 1 step from getting it to work, not sure if it is because of "no loop devices" support or something I do... not anything important ;)

It supports loop device. I just tried to mount a loop device with a loop image and it worked.

Guest Simon O

1st post has 2x R6 roms, 1st one is actually R7.

Thank you! Now changed.

Are there any users running r7 that previously couldn't install r6? One of the unlucky 'black sheep' U8800 devices that have trouble with ext4, for example? I could do with some feedback so I know if the change of system to ext3 fixes things for you.

Guest Simon O

Pelemane: I need to take a look at Smartass and see if I can stop it dropping so low. Also the battery stats has the same problem the Blade had on Android 2.2 and it doesn't show individual apps or 'Display' for me.

Notification bar widget I'll look into adding.. if I can remember how to do it lol.

Thank you! Now changed.

Are there any users running r7 that previously couldn't install r6? One of the unlucky 'black sheep' U8800 devices that have trouble with ext4, for example? I could do with some feedback so I know if the change of system to ext3 fixes things for you.

Hello,

I have a "Black Sheep" and i just can run the V3 Recovery i try to install the R7 and nothing always on IDEOS.

Guest Pelemane

Pelemane: I need to take a look at Smartass and see if I can stop it dropping so low. Also the battery stats has the same problem the Blade had on Android 2.2 and it doesn't show individual apps or 'Display' for me.

Notification bar widget I'll look into adding.. if I can remember how to do it lol.

Okay thanks :)

Hello,

I have instaled the R7 and do not change the boot.img from the original rom anda always on ideos then a changed to da modaco boot.img anda voilá R7 runing on a Black Sheep whith Recovery V3

I will test performance and stability and come back later ;)

Thanks flibblesan

Guest Pelemane

Hello,

I have instaled the R7 and do not change the boot.img from the original rom anda always on ideos then a changed to da modaco boot.img anda voilá R7 runing on a Black Sheep whith Recovery V3

I will test performance and stability and come back later ;)

Thanks flibblesan

So you are using FLB R7 with Pauls boot.img? Doesn't the boot.img in FLB R7 work?

Guest entrapmen

I tried to install R7 but couldn't boot (Ideos screen). I was using Recovery 4.0.0.5. I've changed the boot.img to several boot.img's but no help. Kept and held on IDEOS screen.

I just installed Miui without any problem. I want to try&use FLB, any advice?

Guest jmallen3

I tried to install R7 but couldn't boot (Ideos screen). I was using Recovery 4.0.0.5. I've changed the boot.img to several boot.img's but no help. Kept and held on IDEOS screen.

I just installed Miui without any problem. I want to try&use FLB, any advice?

i have the same problem! what to do??

Hello again,

I have the portuguese "Black Sheep" and i instaled FLB r7 with pauls boot.img the original doesn't work the problem is that i can't make overclok to 1.5g.

Guest Simon O

I don't really understand why the main boot.img in FLB fails on some phones, mainly the Portuguese versions. So to try and work it out I have quickly put together two new boot images:

boot-blacksheep-t1.zip

Based upon the Superboot image, the kernel has been replaced with my own and also contains the correct WiFi lib so it should boot fine.

Using Paul's scripts this will convert and mount your partitions as ext4.

boot-blacksheep-t2.zip

Based upon the original Huawei B138 boot image with my own kernel.

This will mount your partitions as ext3.

Both of these have been tested by myself and they function correctly on my device. However they may not work on yours (this is the test!).

Guest jmallen3

I don't really understand why the main boot.img in FLB fails on some phones, mainly the Portuguese versions. So to try and work it out I have quickly put together two new boot images:

boot-blacksheep-t1.zip

Based upon the Superboot image, the kernel has been replaced with my own and also contains the correct WiFi lib so it should boot fine.

Using Paul's scripts this will convert and mount your partitions as ext4.

boot-blacksheep-t2.zip

Based upon the original Huawei B138 boot image with my own kernel.

This will mount your partitions as ext3.

Both of these have been tested by myself and they function correctly on my device. However they may not work on yours (this is the test!).

i have the same problem! what to do??

i dont have the portoguese version but the greek version of huawei ideos X5 and when i install the rom the phone it keep held on IDEOS screen.whats the problem??