1 August B137 r7: FLB Custom ROM for the Huawei U8800 with Online Kitchen

Guest Simon O

Guest Simon O

i dont have the portoguese version but the greek version of huawei ideos X5 and when i install the rom the phone it keep held on IDEOS screen.whats the problem??

I don't know. Some devices are unable to boot most of the custom roms.. really don't know why.

Guest Simon O

so cant i install your rom???sad.gifsad.gif

That's why I made some test images. I'm trying to find a solution. It's very difficult because nobody knows why some of these phones are different enough so they cannot boot some roms.

Does recovery 4.0.0.5 work for you or do you have to install an older version? Do any other roms work? If you have no problem installing the rom and the only problem is that it fails to boot, have you tried any other boot images that I have uploaded... or even tried using Pauls Superboot image, which seems to work for the Portuguese 'black sheep' phones.

Also try updating your phone first using an official ROM such as B138. Link to this

It could be that your phone needs updating with official software before it'll work with all custom roms.

Until I know exactly what the problem is and how to fix it, you will have to try everything I suggested to try and make it work. Sorry :(

Guest jmallen3

That's why I made some test images. I'm trying to find a solution. It's very difficult because nobody knows why some of these phones are different enough so they cannot boot some roms.

Does recovery 4.0.0.5 work for you or do you have to install an older version? Do any other roms work? If you have no problem installing the rom and the only problem is that it fails to boot, have you tried any other boot images that I have uploaded... or even tried using Pauls Superboot image, which seems to work for the Portuguese 'black sheep' phones.

Also try updating your phone first using an official ROM such as B138. Link to this

It could be that your phone needs updating with official software before it'll work with all custom roms.

Until I know exactly what the problem is and how to fix it, you will have to try everything I suggested to try and make it work. Sorry :(

i use recovery 4.0.0.5 and work fine but i have not try to install other roms.i will try with the images that you have uploaded and i will inform you.i hope to find a solution...

I don't really understand why the main boot.img in FLB fails on some phones, mainly the Portuguese versions. So to try and work it out I have quickly put together two new boot images:

boot-blacksheep-t1.zip

Based upon the Superboot image, the kernel has been replaced with my own and also contains the correct WiFi lib so it should boot fine.

Using Paul's scripts this will convert and mount your partitions as ext4.

boot-blacksheep-t2.zip

Based upon the original Huawei B138 boot image with my own kernel.

This will mount your partitions as ext3.

Both of these have been tested by myself and they function correctly on my device. However they may not work on yours (this is the test!).

Thanks for your work and for listen some off us with this "Black Sheep" problem i tried the booth boot.img's but any of them work, allways on the ideos logo i wait 5 min and nothing. Maybe the problem is on the kernel i dont now is just a sugestion.

Sorry for my bad english

thanks

Edited by hjcs

Guest Simon O

Oh so none of the test images worked for you.

Does Paul's SuperBoot image let you boot the rom?

Have you tried Franco.kernel? Does it work?

I'm using the same code that Paul used to build his kernel. All I can guess is that some changes I made have stopped the kernel working for you.. but what changes I do not know. Very strange.

Do any other custom roms work?

Oh so none of the test images worked for you.

Does Paul's SuperBoot image let you boot the rom?

Have you tried Franco.kernel? Does it work?

I'm using the same code that Paul used to build his kernel. All I can guess is that some changes I made have stopped the kernel working for you.. but what changes I do not know. Very strange.

Do any other custom roms work?

The FLB R7 worked fine with the Pauls SuperBoot any of the others boot.img worked none of the test images worked and any of the Franco.kernel work.

FLB is the only custom rom that worked.

This is very strange normaly the kernels have to run in all X5 devices the same way.

First i will install the original stock B138 to see if it will change something on the phone and then reinstall the FLB r7.

Edited by hjcs

Guest Simon O

Some of you may be using the new look Android Market (which I added to the ROM). Sadly there is a bug with this version which prevents it from clearing the download cache. This means that over time the /cache partition will fill up completely and you will not be able to download any more apps.

Downgrading to an older version of the Market resolves this issue for now. I have been working on a fix for this which I will integrate into the FLB ROM. This fix will redirect market downloads to a ramdisk which also means installations will be much quicker, and when the app has been installed the contents of the ramdisk will automatically be cleared.

This won't cause any reduction in performance or the amount of ram available. I made sure to test this.

I hope to get r8 released next week once I can find a solution for the unlucky owners of the devices that cannot boot this ROM. I really want this solved :(

Some of you may be using the new look Android Market (which I added to the ROM). Sadly there is a bug with this version which prevents it from clearing the download cache. This means that over time the /cache partition will fill up completely and you will not be able to download any more apps.

Downgrading to an older version of the Market resolves this issue for now. I have been working on a fix for this which I will integrate into the FLB ROM. This fix will redirect market downloads to a ramdisk which also means installations will be much quicker, and when the app has been installed the contents of the ramdisk will automatically be cleared.

This won't cause any reduction in performance or the amount of ram available. I made sure to test this.

I hope to get r8 released next week once I can find a solution for the unlucky owners of the devices that cannot boot this ROM. I really want this solved :(

After an update to the Stock ROm B138 and then flash FLB nothing change.

FLB just boot whith Paul's SuperBoot.

And no other Rom's just STOCK and FLB.

Guest Simon O

After an update to the Stock ROm B138 and then flash FLB nothing change.

FLB just boot whith Paul's SuperBoot.

And no other Rom's just STOCK and FLB.

Ok, thank you. I'll take a look at the kernel code from Paul and hopefully figure something out.

Guest Simon O

Anyone that is unable to boot my rom using the original kernel, but can boot it with SuperBoot I need your helps.

If you have the Android-SDK installed and you know how to use adb, I need logs when it freezes booting.

adb logcat

I (well, HCDRJacob) want to see the logs to try and resolve this.

Ok, thank you. I'll take a look at the kernel code from Paul and hopefully figure something out.

I put the boot.img of Stock Rom B138 on your FLB r7 and it boot, so just work with Paul's SuperBoot and B138 Boot.

I will say in Portuguese forums to the Black Sheep useres to test your rom.

Guest RoyalMR

Anyone that is unable to boot my rom using the original kernel, but can boot it with SuperBoot I need your helps.

If you have the Android-SDK installed and you know how to use adb, I need logs when it freezes booting.

adb logcat

I (well, HCDRJacob) want to see the logs to try and resolve this.

Hello flibblesan,

I have no longer any "black sheep" now, so I cannot be such a help. Although I owned 2 of these before swapping again and finally got a white one. I am no dev but I worked hard to understand and solve the problem. My main victory was when stockwell (from XDA) have figured out a CWMv4 that works on most of the black sheeps. Unfortunately not all, like the hjcs's one.

Anyway, I think I have a log of a logcat I made with .void. ROM (not yours :( ) where the problem was the same (stucked on IDEOS logo). Here you have it: http://dl.dropbox.co...3587974/log.txt

Meanwhile it would be nice if hjcs could do the same with FLB one.

Edited by RoyalMR

Guest simplistian

Hello flibblesan,

I have no longer any "black sheep" now, so I cannot be such a help. Although I owned 2 of these before swapping again and finally got a white one. I am no dev but I worked hard to understand and solve the problem. My main victory was when stockwell (from XDA) have figured out a CWMv4 that works on most of the black sheeps. Unfortunately not all, like the hjcs's one.

Anyway, I think I have a log of a logcat I made with .void. ROM (not yours :( ) where the problem was the same (stucked on IDEOS logo). Here you have it: http://dl.dropbox.co...3587974/log.txt

Meanwhile it would be nice if hjcs could do the same with FLB one.

My device (U8800H HK version) will stuck at IDEOS logo with similar logcat (loop stuck at AudioHardware) with ext4 on /system with incorrect SBL and EFS version. SBL and EFS version can only be updated while flashing stock ROMs. My device will not boot with stock B136. It maybe the reason. The other reason may be related to difference of the touchscreen hardware.

Guest Simon O

My device (U8800H HK version) will stuck at IDEOS logo with similar logcat (loop stuck at AudioHardware) with ext4 on /system with incorrect SBL and EFS version. SBL and EFS version can only be updated while flashing stock ROMs. My device will not boot with stock B136. It maybe the reason. The other reason may be related to difference of the touchscreen hardware.

I can understand the U8800H being different but U8800 sold in some countries don't seem to be the same.. it is very very weird.

Guest JK-FINN

I just got brand new U8800:s for me and a couple of my friends here in Finland. They came with factory b135.

Should I update the phones first with B138SP04 Estonia Elisa ROM? And then your r7?

Do i get newer RILs that way or anything else useful or is your r7 up-to-date, full package, and I can flash it at once?

Thank you flibblesan for your work, I followed you from the Blade land to here ;)

(Maybe I got confused in all that gen1/gen2 fuss with Blades)

Edited by JK-FINN

Guest Pelemane

I just got brand new U8800:s for me and a couple of my friends here in Finland. They came with factory b135.

Should I update the phones first with B138SP04 Estonia Elisa ROM? And then your r7?

Do i get newer RILs that way or anything else useful or is your r7 up-to-date, full package, and I can flash it at once?

Thank you flibblesan for your work, I followed you from the Blade land to here ;)

(Maybe I got confused in all that gen1/gen2 fuss with Blades)

No need to update to B138 before this. Just install cwm and flash this.

Guest George978

hi there, i tried to install the rom yesterday and it stuck at ideos logo forever...like 30 mins or so. the phone isnt a black sheep or anything, it has worked with almost all roms out there. any ideas why, i did everything by the book

Guest Simon O

No need to update to B138 before this. Just install cwm and flash this.

Some phones need to be updated with a recent official firmware first to add ext4 support.

Guest JK-FINN

Some phones need to be updated with a recent official firmware first to add ext4 support.

I just updated from official b135 directly to r7, no official b138 in between. How can I test if I have ext4 support now?

Edited by JK-FINN

Guest uracoin

i had problems with getting past the IDEOS screen myself in r5. but it finally got trough after multiple tries, and a factory reset beforehand.

problem was that after the flash. the phone battery life was aprox 20 hour, and there was a rapidly blinking red light on the top left of the phone.

went back to old rom, but will try r7 now.

Guest Simon O

i had problems with getting past the IDEOS screen myself in r5. but it finally got trough after multiple tries, and a factory reset beforehand.

problem was that after the flash. the phone battery life was aprox 20 hour, and there was a rapidly blinking red light on the top left of the phone.

went back to old rom, but will try r7 now.

Is your phone a U8800 or branded IDEOS X5? Have you updated your device with an official rom update before installing any custom rom? I have never seen any flashing red LED on my phone.. very odd.

Guest D0r1an

Hi!

I just flashed r7 and it didn't work :(. first it showed the huawei screen, tried to boot the rom, shut , tried again and again and again...

then i put the battery out of the device, turned it on and it showed th huawei screen and nothing happened.

I made everything like said here.

I have this firmware: U8800 V100R001C00B135SP01

finally i restored my backup

Now i wonder why it didn't work?

Guest flyingoctopus

Hi,

I'm new to the U8800, and have installed this excellent ROM, but have 2 problems:

1. The Mic volume problem mentioned previously, I have a sticker over the rear mic, and it seems better....

2. In the Original Huawei ROM, there was a file manager that let you access the internal SD card, But since changing roms I cannot access this anymore

does anyone have a copy of this apk? or alternative?

apart from this everything else seems great ;o)