1 August B137 r7: FLB Custom ROM for the Huawei U8800 with Online Kitchen

Guest Simon O

This is how i updated U8800 V100R001C00B135SP01:

1. Installed Superboot r1. (WLAN didn't work after i installed this with factory rom.

2. Installed Perfect Recovery 4.0.0.5 by Genokolar

3. Formatted SD card from phone's settings.

4. Copied r7 rom .zip to SD card.

5. Booted into recovery, made backup, wiped Data / Factory Reset, Cache Partition and Dalvik Cache (from advanced)

6. Installed r7 from zip file from SD card.

7. When installed, just go back to recovery main menu, and choosed reboot system now.

8. Then about 5-10min it installs new rom, and starts about 5 times again, but finally it boot's right, and everything works.

9. Finally installed JGM Software Gingerbread Theme.

Quadrant standard:

Ondemand min 245, max 806: about 1800

smartass min 245, max 1017: 2000-2200

smartass min 245, max 1209: 2100-2300

Stable with 1.2GHz. I use 1GHz smartass in daily use.

I really like feature that screen doesn't wake on volume keys.

Phone has rebooted 2 times in 3 days, dunno why.

Guest Simon O

8. Then about 5-10min it installs new rom, and starts about 5 times again, but finally it boot's right, and everything works.

Phone has rebooted 2 times in 3 days, dunno why.

The rom certainly should not be rebooting itself several times like that after an installation. Strange.

Reboots are most likely caused by running at 1GHz.. something is wrong in the kernel regarding overclocking and I haven't had a chance to look at this.

Guest Pelemane

Some phones need to be updated with a recent official firmware first to add ext4 support.

Yes but he said it has finnish stock b135 and that's same I had before updating and I didn't update to b138 or anything.

So I knew that he doesn't need to update. ;)

Guest Simon O

2. In the Original Huawei ROM, there was a file manager that let you access the internal SD card, But since changing roms I cannot access this anymore

Press the home icon in the file manager, scroll to HWUserData. This is the internal SD card.

Guest D0r1an

Hi,

I'm new to the U8800, and have installed this excellent ROM, but have 2 problems:

1. The Mic volume problem mentioned previously, I have a sticker over the rear mic, and it seems better....

2. In the Original Huawei ROM, there was a file manager that let you access the internal SD card, But since changing roms I cannot access this anymore

does anyone have a copy of this apk? or alternative?

apart from this everything else seems great ;o)

hi!

i use "es file exporer". I think it is the best filemanager and root explorer. but when you really want the standard filemanager i can attach it.

i just installed this rom r7 and I'm looking for the best kernell for it. where can I get it?

Alsom, what are the differences between r5 / r6 / r7?

Edited by PJ77

Guest flyingoctopus

Press the home icon in the file manager, scroll to HWUserData. This is the internal SD card.

sweet... thanks very much. just the mic issue to sort out now :o)

Guest Jaime Fonseca

Hi flibblesan,

Coul you tell me wich is the line, in the build.prop file, that comands the automatic mount/unmout of the sd cards (internal and external).

Thanks

Guest Simon O

Hi flibblesan,

Coul you tell me wich is the line, in the build.prop file, that comands the automatic mount/unmout of the sd cards (internal and external).

Thanks

The file is /system/etc/vold.fstab which contains the mountpoints for the internal and external sd cards.

Guest uracoin

Is your phone a U8800 or branded IDEOS X5? Have you updated your device with an official rom update before installing any custom rom? I have never seen any flashing red LED on my phone.. very odd.

do not know what version of the phone i own, or where to see it. seems like the r7 release work like it should at least. the flashing red light was very weak and possisioned between the light sensors to the left of the speeker above the screen.

did not update my phone before flash. think i went from 132 version to r7 directly. does that create a problem?

Guest eithlon

I have had this weird problem lately. When someone calls, this icon ( http://images.macwor...133980280_0.jpg first icon on the right side) appears in notification bar for a sec and disappears, the ringtone doesn't start playing and the phone doesn't vibrate. I have tried to change the ringtone but that doesn't solve this problem.Oh and im using r6 because r7 started lagging after a while.

EDIT: After I force closed skype's service the problem is gone.

Edited by eithlon

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Hochstein

Thanks for this ROM - Using it for 2 Months now without the slightest Problem.

It's fast and stable - loving it.

Please keep up the good work.

BTW : Is there any Plan to take the ROM to Gingerbread ? Well that is maybe a stupid question since you try to stay close to Stock - but who knows :)

Thanks again for your work, it enriches my daily life.

Edited by Hochstein

Hello!

I'm still here.. just been quite busy. There isn't much more I can do with this rom for now but when Huawei provide a Gingerbread rom I'll certainly mod it and kitchenize it.

@flibblesan

Great work mate!

Trying to flash r7 (default kitchen options) provided in first post and keep getting a "can't open" (bad) error! :huh:

any ideas why? any one else experiencing this?

EDIT: problem solved by using another branded microSD!

Edited by nerdo

Great ROM... everything works as it should... smooooth

BTW I got the U8800 mainly to use it as a modem/hotspot with 3's PAYG all you can eat data, but for some reason Wifi tethering wasn't enabled out of the box!

So naturally root, recovery & flash was the answer ;)

Edited by nerdo

• 1 month later...
Guest Jaime Fonseca

Hello all,

I always wore the FLB ROMs in the ZTE Blade and Huawei Ideos X5. In a Facebook group FF accused flibblesan of copying their work.

The FF says the following about flibblesan:

"is a little ba*****, because all the commits that it has taken in the kernel of it was mine, and neither was able to mention it since it is - as I do when shooting things dzo or Stockwell. I think it a sickness. the code is open yes sir, but at least have the decency to thank or so finally .. this is just out of curiosity. FLB and the rom is a tough s***. Yeah, that good works 100%, but speed = 0, flow = 0. And the guy has not done anything in the rom to move beyond the kernel, took some apps here, put there other bla bla bla this is not for me Developing. "

It is true ?????

Edited by flibblesan

• 1 month later...
Guest That-Guy

Not sure, there are two quite big problems:

1) The 2.3 update is still beta.

2) Flibblesan does not have his U8800 anymore as far as I know.

If we can overcome these then maybe :lol: