1 August B137 r7: FLB Custom ROM for the Huawei U8800 with Online Kitchen

Guest Simon O

Guest Cirno

By looking at the thread @xda.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1048813

The recommend this thing to have a more "responsive UI".

windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=value

This is a new line that can be added for increased UI responsiveness. OP used 75, and I tried it out and wow it was really fast !

Felt like a boss, so that line should be added in /system/build/prop

I really recommend it and have tested it !!!

Guest Simon O

Thanks, Cirno.

OK I've wiped my phone, installed r3 and it's working fine. Camera works ok, I took a photo and clicked the small image and it opened the gallery ok.

Cirno: Your MMS issue, the APN settings for the MMS may not be correct for your operator. Any possibility you can check the rom is using the right settings first and let me know if they are wrong?

Guest Cirno
Thanks, Cirno.

OK I've wiped my phone, installed r3 and it's working fine. Camera works ok, I took a photo and clicked the small image and it opened the gallery ok.

Cirno: Your MMS issue, the APN settings for the MMS may not be correct for your operator. Any possibility you can check the rom is using the right settings first and let me know if they are wrong?

Okay I will check it !

**EDIT**

Tried an old trick most did with 2.1, disable data and use only 2G, then reboot. Re-enable should solve problem. Because before I couldn't even use USSD code we have here in swedien(Telia).

**EDIT of EDIT**

Can't use same thing with r3 as I used with r2 and r1, getting now this error Connection problem or invalid MMI code.

Edited by Cirno

Guest papatsonis

i have problem, it shows it flashes the rom really too fast (system only i see) and then says finished (i go /install zip from sd card), upon reboot, it stalls at ideos logo (doesnt get to animated one), also i saw upon r1 that replaced my 4.0.0.5 recovery with 3.0.2.8 which i think doesnt support ext4, what am i doing wrong :S (note: the rom i used was from kitchen, now ill try the prebuilt by fibblesan)

Guest Simon O
i have problem, it shows it flashes the rom really too fast (system only i see) and then says finished (i go /install zip from sd card), upon reboot, it stalls at ideos logo (doesnt get to animated one), also i saw upon r1 that replaced my 4.0.0.5 recovery with 3.0.2.8 which i think doesnt support ext4, what am i doing wrong :S (note: the rom i used was from kitchen, now ill try the prebuilt by fibblesan)

The rom doesn't include any recovery image. You will need to install latest recovery, 4.0.0.5

Guest Simon O
Okay I will check it !

**EDIT**

Tried an old trick most did with 2.1, disable data and use only 2G, then reboot. Re-enable should solve problem. Because before I couldn't even use USSD code we have here in swedien(Telia).

**EDIT of EDIT**

Can't use same thing with r3 as I used with r2 and r1, getting now this error Connection problem or invalid MMI code.

Did you do a full wipe before installing r3? I haven't made any changes that could be causing you that problem.

Guest Cirno
Did you do a full wipe before installing r3? I haven't made any changes that could be causing you that problem.

Yeah I did full wipe, but it solved after an extra reboot !

Also I noticed the headphones doesn't work with this ROM, can't listen music without disturbing... my surrounding !

All sound comes from the speakers rather the 3.5mm headphone jacket.

**EDIT**

Not only is music affected also skype is affected... Can't be serious about this really. It emits sound when receiving messages and I am using headphones and the sound comes from the speakers not cool...Will affect the surrounding and especially when I am at Uni lessons...

Needs to be fixed please !

Edited by Cirno

Guest Simon O

Also I noticed the headphones doesn't work with this ROM, can't listen music without disturbing... my surrounding !

Very odd. Music is playing out of headphones when I plug them in :)

Your phone seems a bit strange. Is there more than one model of U8800 available?

Guest papatsonis
The rom doesn't include any recovery image. You will need to install latest recovery, 4.0.0.5

i have 4.0.0.5

Installing update..

formating /system..

updating /system

updating boot image

Install form sdcard complete

i have also genokolar's custom partition, could it be the cause?

Guest Cirno
i have 4.0.0.5

Installing update..

formating /system..

updating /system

updating boot image

Install form sdcard complete

Uhm, you done it right. So now just reboot then tada its ready to go !

Guest Simon O
i have 4.0.0.5

Installing update..
formating /system..
updating /system
updating boot image

Install form sdcard complete[/code]

I don't believe it'll be the case since his custom partition shouldn't be altering anything but data and hw_data.

Guest Kaboosey

I didn't encounter any problems now after setting up r3 and installing apps etc. Everything's fine I guess. But I will update again if there's anything :)

Thank you!

Guest Cirno

**EDIT**

Not only is music affected also skype is affected... Can't be serious about this really. It emits sound when receiving messages and I am using headphones and the sound comes from the speakers not cool...Will affect the surrounding and especially when I am at Uni lessons...

Needs to be fixed please !

Well music part is okay, I understood why it does this. It's skype who affects the output. Music emits to the 3.5mm jacket but whenever skype is doing it's popup sound it cancels everything else and all sound goes directly to the speaker...Not cool with me !

Guest Simon O
Well music part is okay, I understood why it does this. It's skype who affects the output. Music emits to the 3.5mm jacket but whenever skype is doing it's popup sound it cancels everything else and all sound goes directly to the speaker...Not cool with me !

I have just noticed the same problem. Music is correctly playing through headphones but notifications through speakers. I'm building a new kernel with the headphone fix and I'll see if the problem goes away.

Oh Huawei... why did you not fix this yet?

Guest Simon O
Is there a need to Wipe Cache / Data when updating to newer FLB ROMs?

I always wipe anyway, just interested :)

You shouldn't have to wipe but I do it anyway.

Guest foten21

same problem here

Guest Cirno
Cirno: I've added that headset fix to the kernel which should fix the headphone for you. Notifications still play through the phone speaker though.. I cannot remember if they is meant to happen or not.

Um.. apparently yes. http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=16667

Oh god, the horror. What did they think when they did this?

I thank you with the fix, hopefully you will work out something with Jacob once working with CM7, because I presume it doesn't happen in 2.3.x?

Guest Cirno
Cirno, if you can please try this kernel. It has the headphone patch from XDA so it should at least fix your headphone?

boot.zip

Okay, downloading and trying !

Works, can hear sound from headphone when getting call and having music on and the phone is calling and speaking through the internal mic(phone). The external doesn't take up but this is odd I guess?

Also skype problem still there, same goes with GTalk which is odd !

Edited by Cirno

Guest foten21
You need to use the latest version of recovery.. 4.0.0.5

done

thanks

with your rom i think i have better signal reception

thanks a lot

Edited by foten21

Guest Simon O
Okay, downloading and trying !

Works, can hear sound from headphone when getting call and having music on and the phone is calling and speaking through the internal mic(phone). The external doesn't take up but this is odd I guess?

Also skype problem still there, same goes with GTalk which is odd !

Ok. What I can see from this is that the fix has made no difference at all.. wonderful.

Ok, this is a bug that needs fixing but it won't be quick. I'll try and get some help with it.