Hotmail with tabmail client problems

Guest nystreak

Guest nystreak

I've had the tabmail client installed on my streak with DJ Steve's 1.9 for a while now and it used to work nicely. I accidently cleared the data and had to setup my hotmail account all over again. I'm using the POP3 server. I keep getting new mail notifications but when check to see what they are no messages are displayed. I cant seem to find the old tabmail thread I used to get it working a few months ago. Anyone have hotmail working with the tabmail client know some tricks to get it running properly. Thanks for any help.

Guest cdzo72
I've had the tabmail client installed on my streak with DJ Steve's 1.9 for a while now and it used to work nicely. I accidently cleared the data and had to setup my hotmail account all over again. I'm using the POP3 server. I keep getting new mail notifications but when check to see what they are no messages are displayed. I cant seem to find the old tabmail thread I used to get it working a few months ago. Anyone have hotmail working with the tabmail client know some tricks to get it running properly. Thanks for any help.

Well, I can't really help, just tell you how I have mine set up...

I setup my Hotmail account through the Microsoft Exchange under Account and Sync, so then when I open the Email client the only account there is the Hotmail account. I set it to push my email to me, but not sync contacts or calendar because I do all that under my Gmail account. I much prefer IMAP than POP3

Guest Domino

When you add a new account, go through the manual set up and use IMAP.

Pop3 doesn't work.

Guest nystreak

Thanks for the help guys. Finally got it working using exchange. Took some playing around with the syntax but it finally connected.